Mebourne to Sydney Fixed

ktyse

Re: Mebourne to Sydney Fixed

Postby ktyse » Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:33 am

Yes!!!

Ride was great. Pretty hard through the middle section some big hills. I had a aero-spoke on the front it was amazing how much i gt away from my mate on the hills (down) when we start side by side.

We are riding Melbourne to Adelaide on April the 7th just planning now. Will ride a dingle (surly) fixed for all flat days and flip to free on the 2 or 3 hilly days.

Protein and deep heat seemed to be the essentials for the long fixed ride ....just don't get any deep heat on your balls (men) that was agonizing.

Anyone got any tips for ride to Adelaide.... also Im thinking of buying a new frame and crank set fr long rides any recommendations (about $1500 to spend) ....I am guessing track geometry is not ideal ..Im thinking a eddy merckx frame? :oops:

hartleymartin

Postby hartleymartin » Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:14 pm

Just about any decent steel road bicycle frame will be good. Europa will do a custom one for about $600.
Martin Christopher Hartley

http://raleightwenty.webs.com - the top web resource for the Raleigh Twenty

gumby

Postby gumby » Wed May 30, 2012 8:31 am

thats crazy! good luck

steve-waters

Postby steve-waters » Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:43 pm

ktyse - do you the first one fixed or just single speed?

I know this thread is long over but great work mate - you do Mel to Adl as well?

Cheers,
Steve
Roadie:Merida Scultura Team 2017 Lintaman shoes mid-foot SpeedPlays
MTB:TWE 29er, Fox Terralogic, XT, 3T and TWE wheels

ktyse

Postby ktyse » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:23 pm

Sorry for late reply. Yes did Adelaide fully fixed great ride. Sydney however flipped to single through center part (hills). I am planning fixed riding the coast of Taiwan this august. Please see my new thread. 8)