Intro / help required for restoration

Mattfixed

Intro / help required for restoration

Postby Mattfixed » Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:24 pm

Hi All,

I best start off with an intro/a bit about me.
I'm Matt, I'm from Brisbane and I'm another fixed gear enthusiast slowly getting into all the other forms of riding. I've got a few bikes;
1970(ish) Hoffy Track (main bike)
2010 Giant Anthem X1
Schwinn Fixie (gave it away)
Cramerotti Road Bike / TT Bike (Unsure, that's another story)

and I also have a Low// from San fran on it's way in a few months.

I'm currently undergoing a big restoration project of a bike I recently purchased.
I happen to have stumbled across the frame by chance and through the grape fine found out some more information on the frame. I won't go into too much detail as Rob Cobcroft from http://veloaficionado.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; intends to do a bit of writing on it all, but that's for another day also.

I'm currently trying to find sources or gauge some ideas where I might track down or even try and find some of the following items.

I need a full Galli groupset (brakes, levers, chainset, seatpost, pedals, rims) from around 1985 (Road) and an Araya Disk wheel (rear) to go with it for the other parts.
Ideally if anyone has a set or parts, you can get in contact at personal (at--) mattl.com.au with pictures.
otherwise a pm here would be great.

Over the next week I'll throw some more photos online of my bikes and get involved in the forum, though I just wanted to get this post up whilst I was actively thinking about it all.

im_no_pro
Super Mod
Super Mod

Re: Intro / help required for restoration

Postby im_no_pro » Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:31 am

Welcome to BNA. Sounds like you have an interesting project on the cards, look forward to seeing some more details on it.
master6 wrote: Moderators are like Club Handicappers; I often think they are wrong, but I dont want the job.

humanbeing

Postby humanbeing » Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:53 am

Check out the Retro forum on this board.
Lots of knowledge!
Good luck,
Peter
2012 Jim Bundy
1995 Bosevski - Athena
mid/late eighties Colnago Cromor

Dan

Postby Dan » Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:10 pm

Gypsy might have a galli group?