Hospitals are boring

toolonglegs

Re: Hospitals are boring

Postby toolonglegs » Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:33 pm

Skull,this thread was the first thing I thought about during sundays cx race when I remounted badly... Saddle noses can be quite painful in the wrong places... But I thought suck it up, it could be much worse!.

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:11 pm

Bring out the metho TLL and be a brave boy, it'll only hurt for a couple of minutes. :twisted:

Foo
I don't suffer fools easily and so long as you have done your best,you should have no regrets.
Goal 6000km

toolonglegs

Postby toolonglegs » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:16 pm

foo on patrol wrote:Bring out the metho TLL and be a brave boy, it'll only hurt for a couple of minutes. :twisted:

Foo
Actually it only hurt for about a lap... although the good pedal bite I got to the calf half a lap later took my mind off my pie hole :mrgreen:

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Mulger bill » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:19 pm

toolonglegs wrote:...although the good pedal bite I got to the calf half a lap later took my mind off my pie hole :mrgreen:
Claret?
Pics? :twisted:
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011

toolonglegs

Postby toolonglegs » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:38 pm

Mulger bill wrote:
toolonglegs wrote:...although the good pedal bite I got to the calf half a lap later took my mind off my pie hole :mrgreen:
Claret?
Pics? :twisted:
Um... no... seeing Skull's butt shots is enough! :shock: .

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Mulger bill » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:46 pm

toolonglegs wrote:Um... no... seeing Skull's butt shots is enough! :shock: .
Yerwot? Pics? WHERE?
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011

Apple

Postby Apple » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:54 pm

I have been reading this thread, all the best skull, :D
it brings me back to the good old days when I worked in the colorectal ward. I am sure you will be fine and back on your bike in no time :D
I am glad you have visitors from the forum to keep you up to date about their anal stories. :P
Last edited by Apple on Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.
Speak your mind,Those that mind dont matter, Those that matter dont mind!!

toolonglegs

Postby toolonglegs » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:58 pm

Mulger bill wrote:
Yerwot? Pics? WHERE?
I clicked for a bigger view of his seat post pics and got a surprize!

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Mulger bill » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:04 pm

toolonglegs wrote:
Mulger bill wrote:
Yerwot? Pics? WHERE?
Ahhh, AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH :shock:

I was at work at the time and it won't allow hosted pics, glad about that sometimes...
London Boy 29/12/2011

twizzle

Postby twizzle » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:49 pm

:lol:

Sent from my iThingy...
I ride, therefore I am. But don't ride into harm's way.
...real cyclists don't have squeaky chains...

skull

Postby skull » Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:38 pm

toolonglegs wrote: I clicked for a bigger view of his seat post pics and got a surprize!
Haha I was wondering if anyone would do that :twisted:

The thing is it is a rather tame looking photo really considering the damaged received. Just a shot of torn off knicks a bottom with a couple of scratches. I did get a close up photo of the underbit but I am not going to put that online as one it is pretty gross (lots of blood and skin flappy bits hanging off) and two it is pretty gross (as it is a picture of my freckle).

toolonglegs

Postby toolonglegs » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:59 am

Normally I like freckles... but maybe not rear end ones so much :mrgreen: .

kb

Postby kb » Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:39 am

Tapatalk users miss out on all the fun: sigs, nested quotes, easter eggs containing freckles...

silentbutdeadly

Postby silentbutdeadly » Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:40 am

I note with some amusement that some FSA carbon seatposts are on highly visible special promotion at c r c at the moment.

http://www.this link is broken/Offe ... goryIDs=44" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ours is not to reason why...merely to point and giggle

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Mulger bill » Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:40 am

Would that be the "All NEW for 2013" The FSA mechanised buttfloss 250?
London Boy 29/12/2011

im_no_pro
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby im_no_pro » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:07 am

toolonglegs wrote:
Mulger bill wrote:
Yerwot? Pics? WHERE?
I wish I had read this before I did the same :shock: :lol:

This thread takes the cake in terms of cycling injuries, no but(t)s about it (ok, ok. All the other bad puns were already taken).

The cracks are starting to appear when threads like this turn up...... ahhh crap there I go again....

Seriously though, hope its healing well. Like many others I will be checking all my seatpost clamps tonight.
master6 wrote: Moderators are like Club Handicappers; I often think they are wrong, but I dont want the job.

m@

Postby m@ » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:19 am

skull wrote:
doggatas wrote:Skull ol' boy couldn't let you be injured all on your lonesome, 60km/h, front tire blow out, doesn't tickle.

Wishing us both a speedy recovery. :lol:
Obviously the team of skulldoggary was to much for the world to handle.
Just read that the Hellfire cup has been moved to November due to the Tassie fires - so if this was an elaborate excuse to get out of racing, you'll have to find a way to up the ante :wink:
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:49 am

But sponge baths are good in hospital, if you get a nice nurse. :mrgreen:

Foo
I don't suffer fools easily and so long as you have done your best,you should have no regrets.
Goal 6000km

skull

Postby skull » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:09 pm

m@ wrote: Just read that the Hellfire cup has been moved to November due to the Tassie fires - so if this was an elaborate excuse to get out of racing, you'll have to find a way to up the ante :wink:

hellfirecup.createsend1.com/t/ViewEmail/r/0D340DFEDE820D45/8D181263B3175B21025DA65DC0D0F53A
Yep.

Even tho the whole situation is very unfortunate I will get to do hellfire.

twizzle

Postby twizzle » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:13 pm

skull wrote:
m@ wrote: Just read that the Hellfire cup has been moved to November due to the Tassie fires - so if this was an elaborate excuse to get out of racing, you'll have to find a way to up the ante :wink:

hellfirecup.createsend1.com/t/ViewEmail/r/0D340DFEDE820D45/8D181263B3175B21025DA65DC0D0F53A
Yep.

Even tho the whole situation is very unfortunate I will get to do hellfire.
:lol: The puns just keep getting better.
I ride, therefore I am. But don't ride into harm's way.
...real cyclists don't have squeaky chains...

bigfriendlyvegan

Postby bigfriendlyvegan » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:20 pm

foo on patrol wrote:But sponge baths are good in hospital, if you get a nice nurse. :mrgreen:

Foo
My brother went in for an op a while ago and he like joking around with the nurses, so they thought they'd get one back on him. The got the biggest Islander orderly they could find, put him in some scrubs, gave him a clipboard, some KY and gloves. He went into my brothers room and said "Morning Mr. Thompson [his name is not Mr. Thompson], I'm here to perform the prostate exam. Can you remove your undergarments please?". While my bother was vociferously protesting his identity, he heard the giggling from the corridor and twigged that it was a joke.

Moral of the story: nurses don't always come in a flavour you like.

im_no_pro
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby im_no_pro » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:39 pm

bigfriendlyvegan wrote:
foo on patrol wrote:But sponge baths are good in hospital, if you get a nice nurse. :mrgreen:

Foo
My brother went in for an op a while ago and he like joking around with the nurses, so they thought they'd get one back on him. The got the biggest Islander orderly they could find, put him in some scrubs, gave him a clipboard, some KY and gloves. He went into my brothers room and said "Morning Mr. Thompson [his name is not Mr. Thompson], I'm here to perform the prostate exam. Can you remove your undergarments please?". While my bother was vociferously protesting his identity, he heard the giggling from the corridor and twigged that it was a joke.

Actually those nurses sound exactly like my flavour, nothing like a bit of fun :)
master6 wrote: Moderators are like Club Handicappers; I often think they are wrong, but I dont want the job.

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:01 pm

bigfriendlyvegan wrote:

Foo

Lucky for me, they didn't have male nurses when I was in after the fight with a truck. :mrgreen:

They were a great bunch of girls with a good sense of humour to boot because when I said to the nurse that pulled the decatheter out, it feels like you stretched me a couple of extra inches. Her reply was, I'll let you decide that. :lol:

Butt back on topic now. :wink:

Foo
Goal 6000km

im_no_pro
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby im_no_pro » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:18 pm

foo on patrol wrote: They were a great bunch of girls with a good sense of humour to boot because when I said to the nurse that pulled the decatheter out, it feels like you stretched me a couple of extra inches. Her reply was, I'll let you decide that. :lol:

Butt back on topic now. :wink:

Foo
I, and a daresay most others, just involuntarily crossed my legs.

Alien27

Postby Alien27 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:01 pm

Just before the first time I got a catheter pulled, the nurse told (an obviously apprehensive) me 'just relax this doesn't hurt a bit, most people just describe it as a bit of an uncomfortable feeling', I relaxed, she yanked, then as I doubled over grabbing my old fella, groaning and recovering from having what felt like sandpaper dragged through me pee passage, she giggled and said 'gets them every time'.

It did make me laugh and defuse an awkward situation. Nurses have their own special sense of humour :lol:
Tom