Another wheel upgrade advice thread...

DoogleDave

Re: Another wheel upgrade advice thread...

Postby DoogleDave » Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:00 am

Big_Red wrote:
Fitzroy wrote:These 2013 Bracciano's better be good!!!

Here :shock:
Damn, they are exepensive! :lol:
Not sure what currency this is supposed to be (I think it's supposed to be 1373.33 - incorrect decimal point placement) in but that photo the wheels shown are the Bracciano C50T's (carbon rims) - NOT the 27mm alloy rims that we've been talking about (for the $400 mark).

See HERE for the 50T's ($1350)....or HERE for the alloy Bracci's ($400)....both from Pro-Lite OZ (Deon)

Dave
2012 Felt F75 | 105 | ProLite Braccianos | GP4000S

Fitzroy

Postby Fitzroy » Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:11 am

Sorry, I have hijacked this a bit!

Sure these are the new Pro-Lite Bracciano Caliente Road Wheelset 2013 45mm full carbon.

Would be good to know price, UCI legal, and have they been handed around for product reviews yet?

DoogleDave

Postby DoogleDave » Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:03 am

Fitzroy wrote:Sorry, I have hijacked this a bit!

Sure these are the new Pro-Lite Bracciano Caliente Road Wheelset 2013 45mm full carbon.

Would be good to know price, UCI legal, and have they been handed around for product reviews yet?
Perhaps Deon has heard of these - but they aren't on the main Pro-Lite website in their 2013 range
http://www.pro-lite.net/#/WheelsAnte/

But they do look exactly the same as the Carbon Bracciano 50T wheelset (except for having a 50mm profile instead of 45mm).

Dave
2012 Felt F75 | 105 | ProLite Braccianos | GP4000S

jacks1071

Postby jacks1071 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:42 am

Fitzroy wrote:Sorry, I have hijacked this a bit!

I have them on order, expecting to see them by the end of April. They are a 45mm deep, full carbon clincher. Weight I understand is around 1400g and will be advertised as an average weight once the first batch comes out of production.

Price will be sub $1500. Anyone who wants to reserve a set, PM me your full name, address, phone & email and we'll call you when the stock arrives.

We'll even do you a special deal for pre-ordering and patiently waiting for delivery.
Our Website is: http://www.kotavelo.com.au" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Find us on Facebook by searching for "Kotavelo"

jacks1071

Postby jacks1071 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:48 am

Fitzroy wrote:Care to share the manufacturers RRP?
Straight from the price book from Pro-Lite International:

BRACCIANO Caliente
Vendor Code: BRACCIANO-P44-MH-S

Short description: 700C, Carbon Mono. Clincher 45 mm, UD Finished, Butted Aero Spoke, 2x4 EZO Bearing

RRP US$2,078.70

I'm expecting to sell them for sub $1500, most likely $1499 but I can't set a firm price until they arrive and all the on-costs are calculated ie. shipping, customs, duty etc etc...

PM me if you want to reserve a set, they are due late April at this point in time.
Our Website is: http://www.kotavelo.com.au" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Find us on Facebook by searching for "Kotavelo"

antipodean

Postby antipodean » Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:43 pm

jacks1071 wrote:
Fitzroy wrote:Care to share the manufacturers RRP?
Straight from the price book from Pro-Lite International:

BRACCIANO Caliente
Vendor Code: BRACCIANO-P44-MH-S

Short description: 700C, Carbon Mono. Clincher 45 mm, UD Finished, Butted Aero Spoke, 2x4 EZO Bearing

RRP US$2,078.70

I'm expecting to sell them for sub $1500, most likely $1499 but I can't set a firm price until they arrive and all the on-costs are calculated ie. shipping, customs, duty etc etc...

PM me if you want to reserve a set, they are due late April at this point in time.
Is this the same wheelset?

http://www.this link is broken/Mode ... elID=68422" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:13 pm

antipodean wrote:Is this the same wheelset?

http://www.this link is broken/Mode ... elID=68422" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
they are tubs

antipodean

Postby antipodean » Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:15 pm

jasonc wrote:they are tubs
Well spotted!

Fitzroy

Postby Fitzroy » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:40 am

Fitzroy wrote:
jacks1071 wrote:Either way, you're not going to get them off now without cutting...

What would the point be? No wheel builder is going to re-use that spoke and if a few of them have had the same treatment the wheel is up for a full rebuild.
It would be great if I lived near or close to a well known wheel builder who I could take it to and ask, 'what do you think'? Unfortunately I don't. Given the hub is good and the rim is still okay i would rebuild if I didn't have to use Easton's Zillion dollar spokes. Access to knowledge is my problem (and I have none!).
Update - I've been in contact with Easton and they will ship all spokes and nipples for $95USD to enable a full rebuild of both the F and R wheel. My next Dilemma, Easton have provide the details on spoke length and type, SS SP 2.0/1.7 288 for the front. Do I order these or can I order any spoke type (SP) of that length to complete the build? Would CX-Ray (and CX-Speeds for rear DS) be a better bet?

Just tossing up options and after some opinions from board members with more wheel building experience.