Where do you keep your bicyle?

boss

Re: Where do you keep your bicyle?

Postby boss » Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:21 pm

I keep all four of our bikes in our unit, a little squeezey as it's only 2 bedrooms.

Wouldn't dream of storing them outdoors.

On the living near the beach thing - humidity is also worth considering. I spent quite a lot of time at Bondi Beach a few years ago over two weeks, when I returned home I had to bin my chain as it was so rusty. Axles, axle nuts, stem bolts were also casualties. This is on a BMX.

dynamictiger

Postby dynamictiger » Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:54 pm

If SWMBO is in a tolerant mood it is in the family room. Sometimes relegated to the home theater and occasionally, usually if I am riding more days than driving it may spend the odd night in the garage.

fatdudeonabike

Postby fatdudeonabike » Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:58 pm

I live with just my dog in a two bedroom place. My bike gets its own bedroom :D :D

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:13 pm

In the house! :D :D It's too nice to be outside or in the garage. :D

il padrone

Postby il padrone » Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:41 pm

simonn wrote:We keep our bicycles in our garage (and my Mum's :), need to sell some.)

Might be relevant to you, or not, but if we only had a carport, these look like a Good Thing(tm):

http://thebikebox.com.au/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I have nothing to do with them, never used one and never actually seen one. Just seem like a good mini-shed solution.
Thanks for that link. This looks like a really viable solution for our bike security situation. With over 12 bikes in our household our indoor storage is chockers, and we have no garage. Several valuable bikes are living outside with nil security apart from our low-crime neighborhood.

This bike-box would be safe and readily accessible. Just got to convince SWMBO that the price is reasonable :?
Mandatory helmet law?
"An unjustified and unethical imposition on a healthy activity."

KonaCommuter

Postby KonaCommuter » Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:33 pm

I keep my Gazelle e-Bike in the Garage because it's to heavy to lug up and down the stairs all the time and it's secure. My road bike I keep inside my flat near the door because I keep my chain at work. And the Kona MTB sits in the garage gathering dust
2012 Oppy A4

Lizzy

Postby Lizzy » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:23 pm

My mainstay commuter has her own room too. My remote base / beach / pub transit pod alternates between the BF's porch and the station.

The salty air thing mentioned earlier is for real - one of my other vices is sailing and there are a couple of bike racks at the sailing club - each and every bike in them is tetanus incarnate.
“Lexa”: 2012 Trek Lexa S; "Hannelore": 2019 Kalkhoff, "Teal Cecile" Reid traino shuttle

BandedRail

Postby BandedRail » Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:31 am

Where do I keep my bicycle? Between me & the road - anywhere else & you're doing it wrong :wink:

Seriously though, the road bike stays inside in the laundry, the MTBs are in a covered area outside (we have locked gates). At work we have a locked bike shed with U bars inside which I leave a D-lock on.

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Mulger bill » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:05 am

BandedRail wrote:Where do I keep my bicycle? Between me & the road - anywhere else & you're doing it wrong :wink:
Ohhh, so that's how it's done :idea:

I need four extra bums :(
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011

Stoo

Postby Stoo » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:46 am

I keep my bike in the living room, leaning up against the wall.
i can watch tv, work on and just stare at my bikes.
2004 Argon 18 Radon
2012 Argon 18 krypton
2010 Argon 18 Gallium Pro
2013 Argon 18 E-116

Percrime

Postby Percrime » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:48 am

Hmmmmmm. One pub bike.. spare road bike and my old (classic) road bike on a rack in the garage. mountain bike and 2 project bikes in a corner of the garage Another pub bike waiting for a new home is there as well My track bike in the spare room. Borrowed track bike in my office. Other pub bike (Kathys) and Kathys road bike on a rack in the hall. My roady leaning against Kathys pub bike. Assorted frames in the trailer rotting.

sdnelson19

Postby sdnelson19 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:20 am

right here.. they have their own room.