Giant Defy website error?

zzkazu

Giant Defy website error?

Postby zzkazu » Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:28 pm

Have been looking to get my first road bike for touring and riding to work. I have been selecting between the Giant Defy 1 & 2, the giant site outlined that main differences are:

ALUXX SL-Grade Aluminium Frame
Shimano 105 10-speed shifters and derailleur's
Giant Connect composite seatpost
Giant P-R2 double wall rims, sealed bearing hubs, DT Swiss Competition butted spokes wheelset
Sizes: XS, S, M, M/L, L, XL
Colour: White/Black/Red

However, I have looked at the these variants at a number of places and the 2013 Defy 2 comes with the "ALUXX SL-Grade Aluminium Frame " and "Giant composite seatpost" Anybody know if its a typo on the Giant website? Also I'm not sure for my needs if the Defy 1 is worth the extra monies noting this.

thanks Greg (my first post)

Howzat

Re: Giant Defy website error?

Postby Howzat » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:58 pm

You're correct those aren't differences, they are shared features. Generally the most significant difference is in the groupset - ie. 105 gears vs Tiagra or Sora.

zzkazu

Postby zzkazu » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:30 pm

Ok some of the shops I went too couldn't explain this so Giant should clarify for the riff raff.

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Mulger bill » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:01 pm

It's pretty standard across many makers ranges, the "Scorcher" V1, V2 and V3 will often have the same frame and fork with varying combos of groupsets, wheels and such to fit the different pricepoints being aimed at.
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011