Cyclist injured, on 7 News tonight.

MilkRacer

Cyclist injured, on 7 News tonight.

Postby MilkRacer » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:57 pm

Searched the web for over 30 minutes, can't find the story. Apparently a prominent figure in WA cycling, now in RPH. Anyone find some info :?: Was involved in a 'hit and run.' Story was on 7 News at 6 PM.

Clownshoes

Re: Cyclist injured, on 7 News tonight.

Postby Clownshoes » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:24 pm

It was Jim Krynen, Public Transport Authority's Cycling Integration Manager. He has been racing bikes and improving Perth's bike network/infrastructure for over 30 years and some clown just cleaned him up in Maida Vale and drove off. Hit him so hard it tore the left rear view mirror clean off.

Just another day out there on Perth roads :roll:

dynamictiger

Postby dynamictiger » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:29 pm

I think what is interesting is the lack of reporting on yahoo or ninemsn over this incident.

Pravda

Postby Pravda » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:35 pm

dynamictiger wrote:I think what is interesting is the lack of reporting on yahoo or ninemsn over this incident.
Those being the two respected news outlets in WA.
2014 Canyon Aerode SLX
Puegeot Aneto 105
Kona Jake the Snake CX

dynamictiger

Postby dynamictiger » Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:24 pm

Pravda wrote:
dynamictiger wrote:I think what is interesting is the lack of reporting on yahoo or ninemsn over this incident.

Doesn't matter. It is the default browser at work used by most of the office. If it isn't on there most people working here wouldn't know about it. So whether they are or aren't respected news outlets, for this office they are the most used.

Clownshoes

Postby Clownshoes » Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:30 pm

Pravda wrote:
Hahah

I hope they find the driver culpable and follow it up on the news. If there is anything worse than getting hit by a car, it's not getting the registration when the car drives off leaving you to foot medical expenses and loss of personal property. Too many times (including myself) cyclists get brutalised on the roads and for some reason it happens more frequently in the eastern suburbs.

On the whole, Perth drivers are pretty appalling but I fear more for my life every day riding to Midland on my road bike than I would bombing Mount Street on my brakeless fixed gear bike. I think of Perth's eastern suburbs as killing fields for cyclists, cars being the Khmer Rouge.

Marty Moose

Postby Marty Moose » Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:48 pm

I heard the same this morning from a creditable source :) Well least I think he was :oops: