Indi Condor Seat Post Size

Workshop tales, trials and disasters.
Maintenance tips, techniques and myths.
Technical discussion, description and outright lies

Indi Condor Seat Post Size

Postby stuey88 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:18 pm

Hi All,

Does anybody know what size seat post I need to get for my Indi Condor? I've tried measuring the inside diameter with a set of digital calipers and i think it is 26.8mm. However I can only measure so far down the hole and don't want to buy a 26.8 seat post just to find out that it will only go in a couple of cm. Can someone put my mind at ease??

Cheers, Stu
stuey88

by BNA » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:02 pm

BNA

Re: Indi Condor Seat Post Size

Postby wqlava1 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:02 pm

stuey88 wrote:Hi All,

Does anybody know what size seat post I need to get for my Indi Condor? I've tried measuring the inside diameter with a set of digital calipers and i think it is 26.8mm. However I can only measure so far down the hole and don't want to buy a 26.8 seat post just to find out that it will only go in a couple of cm. Can someone put my mind at ease??

Cheers, Stu

In my experience (and I have a couple of times bought extra seat posts 0.2mm or 0.4mm different second time around)it is easy enough to measure a clean, not-corroded and reasonably unscratched seatpost accurately with vernier or digital calipers, but much harder to get a good reading on the inside of a seat tube. That's why I always keep the old seat post with an older frame until I settled on the replacement as part of the build.

You sometimes find that several measurements of the seat tube at different angles will tell you that the seat tube has been ovalled, usually on a fore and aft axis. Apart from that a post that fits in at the top for a couple of cm will usually fit in far enough for whatever adjustment you need. The corrosion (if any) down further will usually not worry you.

I'm not being especially helpful, but an actual seatpost of the right size is the best confirmation at you have succeeded. Trying one that only slops "a little bit" can be either 0.2 or 0.4mm.

As you don't yet have 10 posts, look for a post on here somewhere with a photo of your exact frame in it, then resurrect the thread as you ask the question if anyone has one and could look at the writing on their post for you. That would not be possible if your frame has been repainted.
2014 goal 52000m
wqlava1

Re: Indi Condor Seat Post Size

Postby stuey88 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:51 pm

Thanks,

It is exactly the same as the indi condor in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=45200

I have tried contacting the original poster to see if he still has any parts.
stuey88

Return to The Shed