1941 bicycle details?

McCannJ

1941 bicycle details?

Postby McCannJ » Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:05 pm

Hello,
I recently acquired a 1941 Gazelle from a client as a tip. I don't know too much about bicycles; however someone directed me to this forum in order to obtain some details. By details I mean anything that can be considered useful. The individual I received the bike from said it was used by the nazis during the war. He didnt say much else about its story. It is in fairly good condition with its original stickers and labels as well as a serial number. The tires are flat and a plastic cover on the back where's frame is cracked. There is also some rusting. Regards Jake McCann

im_no_pro
Super Mod
Super Mod

Re: 1941 bicycle details?

Postby im_no_pro » Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:17 pm

Hi Jake

Welcome to BNA, if someone can help you out with info this is one of the best places for it. I would suggest posting up some pics of it (including closeups of labels, badges etc). If you are unsure how to do so, have a read of this thread
master6 wrote: Moderators are like Club Handicappers; I often think they are wrong, but I dont want the job.

Torana68

Postby Torana68 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:22 pm

[quote="McCannJ"]Hello,
I recently acquired a 1941 Gazelle from a client as a tip. I don't know too much about bicycles; however someone directed me to this forum in order to obtain some details. By details I mean anything that can be considered useful.

would be one rare bike in Australia so im thinking not, Army bikes didnt have decals as a rule (WW2) just paint, probably black in this case. Need photos :D

McCannJ

Postby McCannJ » Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:22 am

I have been tied up at work this week, but I'll have some pictures up ASAP