Anyone rode anywhere this weekend?

pospete

Anyone rode anywhere this weekend?

Postby pospete » Sun Feb 11, 2007 8:35 pm

No, nowhere, and tonight I am fasting for tommorrows hosp appointment. Tuesday is our Anniversary so we're going on The Tram Car Restauarant again. Won't be back on the sadle till wednesday.
Talk to the hand

mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby mikesbytes » Sun Feb 11, 2007 8:39 pm

Fasting sucks, all the best with the hospital tomorrow. Take something decent to read.

Sogood and I rode our club ride today.

Have a nice day
training log
ImageImageImage

LuckyPierre

Postby LuckyPierre » Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:16 pm

I got halfway through (well, almost halfway) through my club event and then rode down to the shop and back to see how my chain repairs held up!
I hope all goes well tomorrow!

Hotdog

Postby Hotdog » Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:17 am

No riding for me, I was going to go on a ride with the Bike North BUG on Sunday morning but it was washed out by the rain :( Raining again today, too, got soaked through on the short 6.5km commute from my GF's place to work this morning. Oh well, at least some of it is fallng in the catchment.

Hope the appointment went well.

mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby mikesbytes » Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:27 am

Not many riding to work in Sydney this morning
If the R-1 rule is broken, what happens to N+1?

Hotdog

Postby Hotdog » Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:53 am

No, I certainly didn't see any other nutters out in the rain on bicycles. I thought about catching the train instead but it takes quite a bit longer because there's a long walk between the nearest station and where I work. It wasn't too bad, I have roller hub brakes which work fine in the wet and also mudguards, and when I got to work I could have a nice warm shower and change into the dry clothes I'd brought with me in my panniers.

Besides, I was itching to try out the new tyres (Continental Sports Contact 26x1.3") and cadence sensor I bought over the weekend. Very pleased with both, despite the weather and throwing the chain once I still made a personal best time :)

mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby mikesbytes » Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:38 am

Brakes slow you down, don't use them if you can.

The rear decided to become sticky this morning and wasn't releasing correctly so I just used the front and left the rear for emergency.

Saw my first rider on the Harbour bridge going the same way as me and saw 5 others going the other way and thats all I saw.

tuco

Postby tuco » Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:10 pm

Yes, finally!!!!!

I sent the rain down to Sydney.

Didn't ride Saturday morning because I strained something in my back Friday walking up a hill however I rode slowly to the velodrome and back with my daughter Saturday afternoon. Only 10km return.

Sunday - Back was feeling good so 30km light pack ride in the morning and a short 15km ride in the evening.

Good to get back into it now the sun is shining again.

Lots of rainbow coloured fast moving objects spotted all around town over the weekend.

Hotdog

Postby Hotdog » Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:27 pm

tuco wrote:Yes, finally!!!!!

I sent the rain down to Sydney.
You have indeed, and it seems set on sticking around for today at least. Work is currently being enlivened by dodging the buckets of rainwater in the corridor and trying to place the limited supply of buckets, plastic crates and plastic cups in a way that catches all the drips from the ceiling in my office. The water coming down through one of the light fittings is especially exciting.

mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby mikesbytes » Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:38 pm

Pissing down at lunchtime. I used my yoga mat for shelter.

531db

Postby 531db » Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:48 pm

Took the retro Falcon fixie for a 66.5 km ride, (2 hrs 12 min) yesterday afternoon, it rained cats and dogs, but was quite refreshing after those stink hot days of just a month or two ago.
With the rain contributing to a slippery road surface the fixie definitely felt more 'controlable'.
The pain was cleaning the bike afterwards and the Brooks B17 leather saddle however still has'nt dried out 18 hours later.
P!$$ing down again today, I want to take my newly rebuilt Fellini (real 1986 steel, 14spd Campagnolo friclickion shifters on the downtube) for a spin before fronting up at crit racing tomorrow, but it's not looking good.

mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby mikesbytes » Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:44 pm

531db wrote:Took the retro Falcon fixie for a 66.5 km ride, (2 hrs 12 min) yesterday afternoon, it rained cats and dogs, but was quite refreshing after those stink hot days of just a month or two ago.
With the rain contributing to a slippery road surface the fixie definitely felt more 'controlable'.
The pain was cleaning the bike afterwards and the Brooks B17 leather saddle however still has'nt dried out 18 hours later.
P!$$ing down again today, I want to take my newly rebuilt Fellini (real 1986 steel, 14spd Campagnolo friclickion shifters on the downtube) for a spin before fronting up at crit racing tomorrow, but it's not looking good.
Hey 531db, which bike has the Reynolds 531 double butted?

Are you in Audax? 66.5k a bit short for them, far enough for me.

Yes I remember the leather seats, had them in NZ, it gets wet too often over there to use them.

Looks like the lawns will need mowing on the weekend.

531db

Postby 531db » Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:11 pm

mikesbytes said;

"Hey 531db, which bike has the Reynolds 531 double butted? "

Neither - the Falcon is Reynolds 531 straight gauge on the 3 main tubes and A&P for the fork and probably the stays. The Fellini is in Italian Oria Chrome Moly.

My Reynolds 531 double butted bikes/frames are: 2 x 1990's Hillman custom builds (531C), 1 x 1985 Gefsco, 1 x 1982 Carlton Professional, 1 x 1972 TI Raleigh, 1 x 1970's Harry Middleton, 1971 x 1968 Royal Star, 1 x 1955 Holland (Bates of Coburg), 1 x 1946 Super Elliott.

Then there are my bikes/frames in Columbus and Tange Prestige Chrome Moly, plus the those in Falck, Ishiwata , BTM and unknown tubing.

"Are you in Audax? 66.5k a bit short for them, far enough for me."

Yep, doing the qualification rides for Paris-Brest-Paris 1200 km. The 400 km has been done, I only have to do the 200, 300 and 600 rides now.
66.5 km on the fixie is about normal for me. I have ridden 200 and 300 km Audax's on retro fixies in the past.

"Yes I remember the leather seats, had them in NZ, it gets wet too often over there to use them"

Ridden more than a few miles in NZ on a Brooks, no more rain than the Sydney area IMHO.

"Looks like the lawns will need mowing on the weekend."

Any time suitable for mowing what alternates between the dustbowl and the jungle is time for riding my bike(s) or tinkering with them :lol:

Absolutely p!$$ing down now, lounge room roof has sprung a leak :x

pospete

Postby pospete » Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:56 pm

Oh yeah Hosp appointment was OK. Results will take a month to come through tho.
Talk to the hand

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Mulger bill » Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:58 pm

Hope it goes well for you Pete

Shaun