Sunglasses FOR THE ROAD!

LM324

Re: Sunglasses FOR THE ROAD!

Postby LM324 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:09 pm

How about

http://www.torpedo7.com.au/products/R7G ... sunglasses" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

queequeg

Postby queequeg » Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:42 pm

kunalraiker wrote:
Wal42 wrote:I think about $200 for the Jawbones & around $70 for the photochromic lenses, so all up $270, but I got 3 or 4 sets of lenses with the glasses, so it's not a bad buy when you consider the quality. I don't change out the photochromic lenses when I'm riding road, day, night, wet, it doesn't matter. I fit the amber ones when I'm riding the MTB.
There aer way too many fakes out there, makes me very suspicious for purchasing them online, but that's where you get the fine prices
I got my jawbones online from the USA for $180, but it was a clear/black photo chromatic lens only. they are genuine glasses and I can use the same lens day and night which makes them perfect for commuting and early morning road riding. The lens is a bit worn now after two years, but these have outlasted every cheap frame I have owned. I find that most frames crack due to changing lenses. the jawbones have a swing lock closure to hold the lens, so there is no stress on the frame when fitting a new lens.
I would buy jawbones again without hesitation, but not at the local RRP of $450 (who are they kidding?). my sister works for the local distributor and even their "can't be beaten" staff price is still more expensive than the RRP of the same glasses on the Oakley USA website. When buying online from a US store, I use the Oakley official store to figure out the discount, Paying $180 for jawbones is not a huge discount from the standard US price, but always buy from a reputable seller.
'11 Lynskey Cooper CX, '00 Hillbrick Steel Racing (Total Rebuild '10), '16 Cervelo R5, '18 Mason BokekTi

kunalraiker

Postby kunalraiker » Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:21 pm

queequeg wrote:
kunalraiker wrote:
Wal42 wrote:I think about $200 for the Jawbones & around $70 for the photochromic lenses, so all up $270, but I got 3 or 4 sets of lenses with the glasses, so it's not a bad buy when you consider the quality. I don't change out the photochromic lenses when I'm riding road, day, night, wet, it doesn't matter. I fit the amber ones when I'm riding the MTB.
There aer way too many fakes out there, makes me very suspicious for purchasing them online, but that's where you get the fine prices
I got my jawbones online from the USA for $180, but it was a clear/black photo chromatic lens only. they are genuine glasses and I can use the same lens day and night which makes them perfect for commuting and early morning road riding. The lens is a bit worn now after two years, but these have outlasted every cheap frame I have owned. I find that most frames crack due to changing lenses. the jawbones have a swing lock closure to hold the lens, so there is no stress on the frame when fitting a new lens.
I would buy jawbones again without hesitation, but not at the local RRP of $450 (who are they kidding?). my sister works for the local distributor and even their "can't be beaten" staff price is still more expensive than the RRP of the same glasses on the Oakley USA website. When buying online from a US store, I use the Oakley official store to figure out the discount, Paying $180 for jawbones is not a huge discount from the standard US price, but always buy from a reputable seller.
Thanks, that information is handy, I tried a pair at the DFO Oakley store today, boy are the comfy, I have a little weird head size :)
Often one of my eyebrows touch the glass, not with the jawbone!
Plus they are so light :)

Nikolai

Postby Nikolai » Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:06 pm

kunalraiker wrote:The budget is the biggest factor, would like to stick to $25.00 if possible.
Deal Extreme (dx.com). A lot of sunglasses under $25. Free shipping too. Delivery is slower than most other online stores though.

winstonw

Postby winstonw » Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:19 pm

Nikolai wrote:Deal Extreme (dx.com). A lot of sunglasses under $25. Free shipping too. Delivery is slower than most other online stores though.
not to mention you cannot cancel your membership...or the regular 'special' promotional emails...very annoying.

Cossie Phil

Postby Cossie Phil » Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:24 pm

Go down to Bunnings and have a look through their safety glasses..I paid about $14 for mine, lost them on a climb a few weeks ago and went straight back for another pair.

Nikolai

Postby Nikolai » Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:41 pm

winstonw wrote:
Nikolai wrote:Deal Extreme (dx.com). A lot of sunglasses under $25. Free shipping too. Delivery is slower than most other online stores though.
not to mention you cannot cancel your membership...or the regular 'special' promotional emails...very annoying.
Perhaps, I never bothered to check, I use a Delete button.

kunalraiker

Postby kunalraiker » Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:10 pm

I got the jawbones , with 3 sets of glasses - Jade and Black (Iridium) and yellow ones for night.
Thanks All, these are definitely a premium pair, even though I don't look great with them, I feel great :P

DealeXtreme

Deal Extreme: Alex

Postby DealeXtreme » Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:40 pm

Hi Nikolai or anyone else thinking about buying from dx.com, I am the new AU dx representative and can answer any questions of queries anyone has on dx or delivery times. We now have a new 5-7 working days delivery service to Australia using TOLL Australia postal service, so items should arrive pretty quick from now on :) Thanks Alex
Nikolai wrote:
kunalraiker wrote:The budget is the biggest factor, would like to stick to $25.00 if possible.
Deal Extreme (dx.com). A lot of sunglasses under $25. Free shipping too. Delivery is slower than most other online stores though.

Nikolai

Re: Deal Extreme: Alex

Postby Nikolai » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:21 pm

alexanderDX wrote:Hi Nikolai or anyone else thinking about buying from dx.com, I am the new AU dx representative and can answer any questions of queries anyone has on dx or delivery times. We now have a new 5-7 working days delivery service to Australia using TOLL Australia postal service, so items should arrive pretty quick from now on :) Thanks Alex
Nikolai wrote:
Hi Alex. Thanks for letting us know you guys are expending. I bought from dx.com a few times, pretty happy.

reeper250

Postby reeper250 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:39 pm

I got three pairs of sunglasses from a store online. Fast postage and very good glasses.

Here are the Polarized and Photochromic sections:
http://www.here-ok.com/oakley-polarized ... kpuart2g96" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.here-ok.com/oakley-photochro ... kpuart2g96" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

TDC

Postby TDC » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:33 pm

Nikolai wrote:
alexanderDX wrote:Hi Nikolai or anyone else thinking about buying from dx.com, I am the new AU dx representative and can answer any questions of queries anyone has on dx or delivery times. We now have a new 5-7 working days delivery service to Australia using TOLL Australia postal service, so items should arrive pretty quick from now on :) Thanks Alex
Off topic for a second...Is this you?

http://www.pezcyclingnews.com/?pg=fulls ... est%20News" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

twizzle

Postby twizzle » Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:03 am

Cossie Phil wrote:Go down to Bunnings and have a look through their safety glasses..I paid about $14 for mine, lost them on a climb a few weeks ago and went straight back for another pair.
They have some very good ones. Unlike "Masters", which only had junk.

Sent from my iThingy...
I ride, therefore I am. But don't ride into harm's way.
...real cyclists don't have squeaky chains...

kunalraiker

Postby kunalraiker » Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:56 am

kunalraiker wrote:I got the jawbones , with 3 sets of glasses - Jade and Black (Iridium) and yellow ones for night.
Thanks All, these are definitely a premium pair, even though I don't look great with them, I feel great :P

Just to confirm guys, I purchased the Oakley Jawbone, thanks for all recommendations!

Nikolai

Postby Nikolai » Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:29 pm

TDC wrote:
Nikolai wrote:
Off topic for a second...Is this you?

http://www.pezcyclingnews.com/?pg=fulls ... est%20News" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Yes, it is.

Big_Red

Postby Big_Red » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:32 am

reeper250 wrote:I got three pairs of sunglasses from a store online. Fast postage and very good glasses.

http://www.here-ok.com/oakley-polarized ... kpuart2g96" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.here-ok.com/oakley-photochro ... kpuart2g96" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
How long ago did you order, how long did it take for you to receive the items and are they of comparable quality to the glasses sold in a retail outlet in Australia?

It seems a little odd that almost every type of Oakley sunglasses are listed at a price of $122, marked down to $25.
The whole thing screams FAKE! to me... and that website has scraped details off a legit site and purports to be trading from the US.
The description for every pair of oakley sunglasses (there are literally hundreds to look at) is identical with only the pictures changed as well.

If you've purchased sunglasses from there and actually received something i think you've been very lucky.

boss

Postby boss » Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:08 am

Big_Red wrote:
reeper250 wrote:I got three pairs of sunglasses from a store online. Fast postage and very good glasses.

http://www.here-ok.com/oakley-polarized-hijinx-c-59.html?zenid=abprrrsdd3m3n8l0kpuart2g96
http://www.here-ok.com/oakley-photochromic-c-57.html?zenid=abprrrsdd3m3n8l0kpuart2g96
How long ago did you order, how long did it take for you to receive the items and are they of comparable quality to the glasses sold in a retail outlet in Australia?

It seems a little odd that almost every type of Oakley sunglasses are listed at a price of $122, marked down to $25.
The whole thing screams FAKE! to me... and that website has scraped details off a legit site and purports to be trading from the US.
The description for every pair of oakley sunglasses (there are literally hundreds to look at) is identical with only the pictures changed as well.

If you've purchased sunglasses from there and actually received something i think you've been very lucky.
There is a massive difference between fake and scam...