road rage this morning

Apple

Re: road rage this morning

Postby Apple » Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:59 pm

Boy do we go back a looooooooooooooong way Mulger bill 8)
A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.
Speak your mind,Those that mind dont matter, Those that matter dont mind!!

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Mulger bill » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:15 pm

We do and it's all been good. :D
Have you considered one of those fancy right angled umbrellas when you ride? :wink:
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011

The 2nd Womble

Postby The 2nd Womble » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:23 am

Apple wrote:
mikesbytes wrote:Since we are analysing them, would some of them fit into the category of bully's, cowardly bully's at that
correct. They could have killed me, I have a family to look after. these yobbos maybe having fun playing russian roulette with my life, at the end of the day if they kill me, it's 400 dollars fine, right. :evil:
I love riding; it is my relaxation, time out for me. Enjoy the early morning scenery, what a beautiful country we live in, that we can go to National parks in 20km from home, but then we have to deal with brainless Bogans, rich or poor. At the end of the day cyclists are trusting these people behind cars with our lives.
There is no way in the world I would let my children ride a bike the way I do.
I have fear most days when I go out but I keep going out, why? Is it the thrill of danger? Or is it that I like to know that I am burning calories. I often ask myself why I ride. The best answer so far for me, is that I feel like a worrier, I feel free and I possess power that not many women my age have.
Man I am going on, well that’s what happens when you drink half a bottle of veuve, sorry guys, I just had to get it out. :oops:
Still unclear as to whether it was reported or not, or did it happen too fast to realise at the time? Had someone in Brissy yesterday side swiped by a ute tray and he was in shock to the point where he remembers nothing from being hit to the ute disappearing. He was unhurt btw
The only good Cyclist is a Bicyclist

Huge fan of booted RGers who just can't help themselves

Apple

Postby Apple » Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:40 am

It was a shock womble, I didn't even look at the number plates, so nothing to report, I am at fault for not being able to think fast enough.
The problem is that I keep playing it over in my head and I should really stop doing that.
A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.

greyhoundtom

Postby greyhoundtom » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:51 am

Apple wrote: The problem is that I keep playing it over in my head and I should really stop doing that.
That is a bit of a problem isn’t it..........if I had a dollar for every time I looked back on a situation and thought of what I should have done, I could now go out and buy a Di2 bike.

sogood

Postby sogood » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:40 am

Apple wrote:The problem is that I keep playing it over in my head and I should really stop doing that.
Ummm, so move to a different thread and stop thinking about the subject. Better to spend the energy and formulate a plan to avoid or minimise the risk of a future encounter.
Bianchi, Ridley, Tern, Montague and All things Apple :)
RK wrote:And that is Wikipedia - I can write my own definition.

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:59 am

Mulger bill wrote:We do and it's all been good. :D
Have you considered one of those fancy right angled umbrellas when you ride? :wink:
ZING!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: That's priceless.

jules21

Postby jules21 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:26 pm

jimsheedy wrote:A lot of stereotyping of so called lower classes here. Where would someone like Eugene Mcgee fit in with all this?
Jim, if you're referring to my post, i said "but there is an underclass who subsist in society, these are people for whom life is just one crisis to the next - they just generally don't cope."

underclass /= working or lower class. i was referring to a group of people who are defined by how they live their lives, not their earning power or social status.

jimsheedy

Postby jimsheedy » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:05 pm

No not particularly aimed at your post just the general culture that seems to direct a lot of this justified anger immediately at young working ( or non working ) class people. Often the stereotype is correct but I feel there is a much bigger picture here that gets ignored. The perpetrators of aggression towards cyclists and any other group not considered the norm, come from a large cross section of society.

I haven't copped a lot of this sort of stuff ( maybe being 6'3" and 85kg deters them) but the abuse I have received has been from an equal amount of middle aged prestige car drivers and women as it has come from young male p plate commodore drivers.

jules21

Postby jules21 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:27 pm

jimsheedy wrote:I haven't copped a lot of this sort of stuff ( maybe being 6'3" and 85kg deters them)
i am of similar proportions and only cop abuse from fleeing motorists. funny that.

newie

Postby newie » Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:16 pm

Apple wrote: The problem is that I keep playing it over in my head and I should really stop doing that.
This is my problem too. I let incidents out on the road get to me and upset me. I dwell on them for far too long and they undermine my enjoyment of riding. So if you do discover the secret to "letting go", please share.

Apple

Postby Apple » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:16 pm

newie wrote:
This is my problem too. I let incidents out on the road get to me and upset me. I dwell on them for far too long and they undermine my enjoyment of riding. So if you do discover the secret to "letting go", please share.
For me, is riding somewhere quite, away from cars like national Parks. I don’t know where you live but going to West head and Akuna during the week at about 8am, Just me and the bike, spending time together enjoying nature. Image

mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby mikesbytes » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:14 am

99.9% of road users are good people. Unfortunately 0.1% is a lot of people.

Generally that 0.1% will harass 100's of road users, despite their form of transport;
- Deliberately driving fast thru standing water to soak pedestrians
- Driving dangerously close other road users
- Blast the horn if their reaction to a change from red to green isn't sub one second
- Any variation from what they consider perfect driving will receive an extended blast on the horn. And they will perform the same variation themselves 5k up the road.
- Which ones did miss?

When it comes to a bicycle, its an easy target, as usually the bully can drive away, there's little risk of them be confronted further down the road, unlike if the target was a motorbike or a truck.

In my view these 0.1%ers result in a halving of the number of cyclists on Sydney roads
If the R-1 rule is broken, what happens to N+1?

newie

Postby newie » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:08 am

Apple wrote:For me, is riding somewhere quite, away from cars like national Parks. I don’t know where you live but going to West head and Akuna during the week at about 8am, Just me and the bike, spending time together enjoying nature.
You're right apple. For me at the moment, as I am in the final stages of preparation for the Alpine Classic, cycling has become a bit of a chore and source of stress and worry. I am at the point where I can't wait for the 28 Jan so I can go back to cycling being about just going out and having fun. I'm up in Newcastle, and although we have our fair share of bogan drivers up here, we also have some really nice places to ride. Often of a morning I will take the long way in to work which involves going past the beaches and harbour. In the past is has always put me in a great frame of mind for the day and any incidents are soon forgotten as I cruise along watching the surfers, sailboats and smiling and nodding to my fellow cyclists and pedestrians. Hopefully I will return a more positive frame of mind. If not, I may have to come down and test out this West head and Akuna of which you speak!

warthog1

Postby warthog1 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:00 am

Apple wrote:
newie wrote:
For me, is riding somewhere quite, away from cars like national Parks. I don’t know where you live but going to West head and Akuna during the week at about 8am, Just me and the bike, spending time together enjoying nature. Image
That is a photo of Nirvana :D
Dogs are the best people :wink:

Apple

Postby Apple » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:05 pm

That is a photo of Nirvana
:D ok what is Nirvana :)