Cycling Tasmania website

isitonu

Cycling Tasmania website

Postby isitonu » Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:01 pm

I have a CA licence and am considering entering some Open Events.

The CT site seems to give little information about events, and when I attempted an entry I was presented with details of Brett Campbell 138478, 9 Porters Rd Kayena Tas 7270.

Is Mr Campbell a hypothetical case, an ego maniac, or some poor fella exposed against his wishes?

How do I enter an Open Event?

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:06 pm

Hi,
Did you get more info on this. The Tasmanian forum is a bit quite and the scene in Tassy a lot younger than elsewhere. Heavymetal will be down to join you soon and get things fired up!

isitonu

Postby isitonu » Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:34 pm

I have with difficulty managed to speak with Cycling Tasmanias' office. They have explained to me that the site is maintained by Cycling Australia, and despite repeated requests to CA to remedy the problem, the faults still persist.

I sent an email to CA a couple of days ago and have not had a reply.

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:19 pm

Try giving Cycling Australia a call - emails are too slow. You may simply find that there is not much happening in Tasmania - hence Cycling Tasmania not having as strong a role as expected (ie. on hold).

What I would do is to get hooked up with other cyclists - I don't have any clubs listed for Tasmania in the directory (except a MTB club) and don't know if there are infact any. Check up with some of the bike shops and at least you may get news of training rides or other road bikers (if all else fails, pin up a note in the bike shops, looking for other road bikers). You should then pretty quickly get an idea of whats happening in the scene... or what is not happening.Good luck.

Christopher

master6

Re: Cycling Tasmania website

Postby master6 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:07 pm

Situation has improved. Cycling Tasmania has been dragged kicking and screaming into the 21st century. The site has improved from wicked to sub standard. Further improvement is hoped for.

RobRollin

Postby RobRollin » Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:38 am

It is still hard to find any reliable information. Email davidb3@dodo.com.au David Buckingham for more information.

This weekends race is at Richmond Football Oval at 10am and is a 60km race and I’m not sure of the format. Image it’s a graded race of some sort.

master6

Postby master6 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:51 pm

RobRollin, will you be a starter on Sunday at Richmond? I might put my coffee money on you for a place.

RobRollin

Postby RobRollin » Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:53 am

I dont have transport out there, otherwise I would have entered. I am trying to organise trasnport at the moment.

HAHAHAHA - a place....my goal is in whatever Grade I am put in, to give it everything and try and get a place.