Time to get more serious. Which powermeter??

Dr_Mutley

Re: Time to get more serious. Which powermeter??

Postby Dr_Mutley » Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:32 pm

U know u want it! :-)

toolonglegs

Postby toolonglegs » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:47 pm

Oh I know I want it :lol: ... but no holding strong.
I also want a TT frame, disc rear, new road groupset and two sets of race wheels ... been swapping things round too much and everything is getting worn out!.

g_dorazio

Postby g_dorazio » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:10 pm

Can we just change the name of this thread to "Spam toolonglegs with cheap power meter options"?

jamesf0

Postby jamesf0 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:31 am

I've been tossing this up for a while too. Bit of background:

2 road bikes,

Race bike has BB30, generally only ride this for races, occasionaly use it as a treat on quicker group rides

Training bike is 24mm outboard bearings (Shimano 105), ride this all the time. Love having a training bike that I don't mind taking out whatever the weather is doing!

Was thinking of getting a Quarq (through Alex), couldn't decide which bike to get it for.

Ended up looking into powertap prices. I'd enquired a year ago, and prices were up over $2000 locally, but nearly went for a comp model off wiggle. Would have been approx. $750 for the wheel (discount code at the time).

I've looked again, decided the G3 powertap is the way to go. Prices around $1400 for wheel online. Asked at my LBS, got quoted a price of $1299 for the G3 wheel! SOLD!