Website Downtime

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Website Downtime

Postby AUbicycles » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:08 pm

I was not online and just got reports of 25 minutes downtime between 4:30 - 5:00 PM today

Obviously wanted to find out and spotted that the webhost mediatemple was performing an upgrade and for some reason I didn't receive any notification. I am enquiring as to why though at least know the reason and apologise for any inconvenience or shock.
Cycling is in my BNA

reefer

Re: Website Downtime

Postby reefer » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:02 pm

Been a few occasions this week I tried to open BNA and was unable too like today. I was able to read some forum posts, by using my history to open the page but the HTTP address had an M before the usual BNA web address. I guessed this was some sort of cached page?

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:20 pm

m usually indicated mobile, though we don't specifically serve a mobile version - though do support tapatalk which I recommend for viewing on a smart phone. I havn't spotted downtime apart from today, so please email me a screenshot if you get it again.

--

On the hosting upgrade - I would expect notifications of upgrade and maintenance to be sent via email by default (which was not the case). Settings have been changed and for planned downtime can better provide notification here.
Cycling is in my BNA

skull

Postby skull » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:27 pm

I find the tapatalk app a bit buggy. Usually get 2-3 errors a day requiring a force close of the application.

The Walrus

Postby The Walrus » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:14 am

I never have a problem with Tapatalk...maybe I'm lucky, or just full of <language>
Never underestimate the power of ignorance

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:15 am

Hi,
A tapatalk update is due (on the forums) and I hope that this helps.... it is a big update so requires planning and heaps of changes.
Cycling is in my BNA