Article in Paper

Wakatuki

Article in Paper

Postby Wakatuki » Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:56 am

Ride in Groups.. or you have only got yourself to blame!
Sorry for poor post but out on bike spotted this while having a coffee. What a shameful article, our fault again!

Will edit when I get home. EDITED to short link.
Last edited by Wakatuki on Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

reefer

Re: Article in Paper

Postby reefer » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:35 pm

Really, our fault? How on earth do you arrive at that from that article?

sumgy

Postby sumgy » Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:01 pm

I must have read a different article to the OP. :?:

KonaCommuter

Postby KonaCommuter » Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:22 pm

"To minimise the chance of these sorts of things happening, riders should never ride alone - and stay in groups."

Mr Carey also recommends cyclists invest in some precautionary items for their bikes.

"You can get little cameras that go on your helmet, which can be handy if you do get into trouble," he said.

If you're in trouble, here's a better place to mount that camera

2012 Oppy A4

Wakatuki

Postby Wakatuki » Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:12 pm

I see you read the article KonaCummuter.. :wink:

Why on earth should we have to ride in groups or buy a camera to stop this happening!

What next, car drivers complaining about bunches or riding two abreast, oh wait that's already happening. :? BNA Gold Coast Journalist

il padrone

Postby il padrone » Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:28 pm

Commuters, and most people using bicycles simply for transport, generally have to cycle alone to travel by bike.
How about some real action by police when such incidents are reported? It'd be good to see increased patrols, statements by police that such actions were assault and would be enforced as such.
Mandatory helmet law?
"An unjustified and unethical imposition on a healthy activity."

queequeg

Postby queequeg » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:04 pm

I found Nicklin Way to be a nice road to cycle on. Massively wide road shoulders and three lanes each way in places,
I did get harassed by a Toyota Hilux driven by a singlet wearing tattooed moron, but that was along aerodrome rd further north. I was on my own coming back from an early ride to Noosa from Golden Beach, and he was the only negative encounter the whole two weeks I rode up there.
'11 Lynskey Cooper CX, '00 Hillbrick Steel Racing (Total Rebuild '10), '16 Cervelo R5, '18 Mason BokekTi

Xplora

Postby Xplora » Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:21 pm

queequeg wrote:I found Nicklin Way to be a nice road to cycle on. Massively wide road shoulders and three lanes each way in places,
I did get harassed by a Toyota Hilux driven by a singlet wearing tattooed moron, but that was along aerodrome rd further north. I was on my own coming back from an early ride to Noosa from Golden Beach, and he was the only negative encounter the whole two weeks I rode up there.
The key phrase was "single moron". The unacceptable spankery that some drivers exhibit failing to share the road is the key problem. People are the problem, not conditions, not infrastructure and not the vehicles.