Hit and Run Sydney North

sogood

Re: Hit and Run Sydney North

Postby sogood » Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:23 pm

ILMB wrote:PS: New regulations mean that registering as a donor on one's driving license is no longer recognised. See here for changed regulations http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/licensing/organdonation.html
Went over to register and it told me I am duplicating. Must have done it some time back when it first came out.

The other important comment on organ donation is to make sure your wishes are widely known to your loved ones. Many transplant opportunities were missed due to delayed confirmation or last minute reluctance by the relatives. Often because of the wishes weren't made clear or widely known, the one loved one who has been told can feel immensely pressured when other members of the family are in disagreement.
Bianchi, Ridley, Tern, Montague and All things Apple :)
RK wrote:And that is Wikipedia - I can write my own definition.

Lukeyboy

Postby Lukeyboy » Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:33 pm

Very sad to hear that he passed away but was great to hear that his organs are now helping out so many others in need.

birdbrain

Postby birdbrain » Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:44 pm

I would hate to turn this into a debate about what happened and who if anybody was involved but I have to go on my experience on two occasions and the police investigation :roll: to know that anything is possible.

A wonderful gesture being an organ donor and no doubt Ron's gift will save the lives of others.

gabrielle260

Postby gabrielle260 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:41 pm

Very sad news!
I'm in Bright and have just caught the news about Ron, a fellow Audax member. The AGM is on this weekend- I'll post about any mention then,
Andrew

grantw

Postby grantw » Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:13 pm

sogood wrote:
ILMB wrote:PS: New regulations mean that registering as a donor on one's driving license is no longer recognised. See here for changed regulations http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/licensing/organdonation.html
Went over to register and it told me I am duplicating. Must have done it some time back when it first came out.
Same thing happened so I called the 1800 number, seems they imported the RMS donor information but they still require validation. They send you a separate donor card as opposed to having your license endorsed.

sogood

Postby sogood » Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:47 pm

grantw wrote:Same thing happened so I called the 1800 number, seems they imported the RMS donor information but they still require validation. They send you a separate donor card as opposed to having your license endorsed.
Thanks for the follow up. I don't think I'll further "use" the system and just leave it at that. As long as they have sufficient data to flag my intent within the system, the rest will come through my loved ones. They will have the final say when I am no longer conscious. I just have to ensure they will follow my wish. Fact is, the hospital can not act without relatives' consent.
Bianchi, Ridley, Tern, Montague and All things Apple :)
RK wrote:And that is Wikipedia - I can write my own definition.