6K Club 2013 Edition

open topic, for anything cycling related.

Re: 6K Club 2013 Edition

Postby norbs » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:41 am

80kms for me this morning with cycling media megastar Mike Tomalaris. :)
User avatar
norbs
 
Posts: 2314
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:20 am
Location: Shoalhaven. NSW

by BNA » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:53 am

BNA
 

Re: 6K Club 2013 Edition

Postby DaveOZ » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:53 am

Two media megastars riding together. WOW. :lol:
Image
User avatar
DaveOZ
 
Posts: 1482
Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:15 am
Location: Bowral NSW

Re: 6K Club 2013 Edition

Postby norbs » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:57 pm

DaveOZ wrote:Two media megastars riding together. WOW. :lol:

I was asked for more autographs. ;-)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
User avatar
norbs
 
Posts: 2314
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:20 am
Location: Shoalhaven. NSW

Re: 6K Club 2013 Edition

Postby roller » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:24 pm

back for 2013!!

have logged some kms, having trouble with my signature dooby, i have done the following:

-put a target in bike journal
-ensured it's publically visible

signature image for 2013 still not displaying. hints/tips?

:mrgreen:
Image
User avatar
roller
 
Posts: 1540
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: embleton

Re: 6K Club 2013 Edition

Postby Mustang » Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:59 pm

roller wrote:back for 2013!!

have logged some kms, having trouble with my signature dooby, i have done the following:

-put a target in bike journal
-ensured it's publically visible

signature image for 2013 still not displaying. hints/tips?

:mrgreen:

Possibly with the existing (you may need to erase 2012) you may have too many characters. The new rule is 124 characters!!!.
I also have asked for help, as some are running two strava signatures? I can only load one "Basic"?
Image
User avatar
Mustang
 
Posts: 1366
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:20 am
Location: Little Mountain Q

Re: 6K Club 2013 Edition

Postby roller » Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:10 pm

Mustang wrote:
roller wrote:back for 2013!!

have logged some kms, having trouble with my signature dooby, i have done the following:

-put a target in bike journal
-ensured it's publically visible

signature image for 2013 still not displaying. hints/tips?

:mrgreen:

Possibly with the existing (you may need to erase 2012) you may have too many characters. The new rule is 124 characters!!!.
I also have asked for help, as some are running two strava signatures? I can only load one "Basic"?


well that's the problem, the old one is still showing, i thought it would be replaced by the new one once I updated my total.

:confused:
Image
User avatar
roller
 
Posts: 1540
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: embleton

Re: 6K Club 2013 Edition

Postby grantw » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:09 pm

Looks like you have parsed the image link incorrectly -

Just drop the code from statmonkey into your sig ie
Code: Select all
[img]http://statmonkey.is-a-geek.net/cycling/sig?id=yournumber[/img]
Image
User avatar
grantw
 
Posts: 1445
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:22 am
Location: Wollongong

Re: 6K Club 2013 Edition

Postby DavidS » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:31 pm

celeste boy wrote:............and looking at that graph, David you had better stop playing with the computer and get out and do some kms.

(Gauntlet faceslapped by someone who did not reach his goal last year.)

Graham


Ooh, a gauntlet again. Well, I'm back at work (I rarely ride other than commuting) so I'll be coming to get you, slow and steady. Given we seem to be back in drought conditions I should be riding 5 days a week (can't wait for my legs to be really hurting later this week given I've barely ridden for a month!). Let's see how we compare in a few months :D

DS
Image

Riding: Cannondale Quick Speed 2
User avatar
DavidS
 
Posts: 1321
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:24 pm
Location: Melbourne

Re: 6K Club 2013 Edition

Postby Mustang » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:44 am

grantw wrote:Looks like you have parsed the image link incorrectly -

Just drop the code from statmonkey into your sig ie
Code: Select all
[img]http://statmonkey.is-a-geek.net/cycling/sig?id=yournumber[/img]

I can load the basic but not the double info.
A prompt appears in red that the pixels are too high.?
Image
User avatar
Mustang
 
Posts: 1366
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:20 am
Location: Little Mountain Q

Re: 6K Club 2013 Edition

Postby grantw » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:27 am

Sorry, I was talking to roller, not sure why you'd be getting the pixel message, plenty of other folks have the double bars. A glitch perhaps?
Image
User avatar
grantw
 
Posts: 1445
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:22 am
Location: Wollongong

Re: 6K Club 2013 Edition

Postby Mugglechops » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:41 pm

So far a great start to work this year.

I rode 63kms yesterday and 74kms today :D
User avatar
Mugglechops
 
Posts: 2361
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:51 pm
Location: Shoalhaven

Re: 6K Club 2013 Edition

Postby DaveOZ » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:07 pm

Great work Lewy. I hope the momentum continues!

I've had a few days off and it's scary how quickly the red arrow gets away.
Image
User avatar
DaveOZ
 
Posts: 1482
Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:15 am
Location: Bowral NSW

Re: 6K Club 2013 Edition

Postby Mugglechops » Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:38 pm

DaveOZ wrote:Great work Lewy. I hope the momentum continues!

I've had a few days off and it's scary how quickly the red arrow gets away.


I am just trying to get 400miles done in the Strava challenge before I have my elbow op on Friday.

Then it's anything up to a month off the bike :(
User avatar
Mugglechops
 
Posts: 2361
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:51 pm
Location: Shoalhaven

Re: 6K Club 2013 Edition

Postby bosvit » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:56 pm

Mugglechops wrote:
DaveOZ wrote:Great work Lewy. I hope the momentum continues!

I've had a few days off and it's scary how quickly the red arrow gets away.


I am just trying to get 400miles done in the Strava challenge before I have my elbow op on Friday.

Then it's anything up to a month off the bike :(

And a big chase to catch the peleton
User avatar
bosvit
 
Posts: 1590
Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:47 pm
Location: Port Lincoln

Re: 6K Club 2013 Edition

Postby celeste boy » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:02 pm

DaveOZ wrote:Great work Lewy. I hope the momentum continues!

I've had a few days off and it's scary how quickly the red arrow gets away.


Doesn't momentum = mass X velocity ?

Is there a message there?

Good to see you on the road today Dave. Looking good. You should have done that hill easily. I needed to pedal down the Hume HWY masher with the wind in my face. The SH bike club were starting where we parked the cars. Tempting to give them a shake but decided against it!

Graham
Image
celeste boy
 
Posts: 719
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:56 am
Location: Bowral

Re: 6K Club 2013 Edition

Postby roller » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:12 pm

grantw wrote:Looks like you have parsed the image link incorrectly -

Just drop the code from statmonkey into your sig ie
Code: Select all
[img]http://statmonkey.is-a-geek.net/cycling/sig?id=yournumber[/img]


is there a non-strava version, ie bike journal?
Image
User avatar
roller
 
Posts: 1540
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: embleton

Re: 6K Club 2013 Edition

Postby grantw » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:35 pm

roller wrote:
is there a non-strava version, ie bike journal?


Yes.
Have you created an account at http://statmonkey.is-a-geek.net/cycling ? Do so.

Then in your settings you select either strava or bikejournal from the pull down menu.

Add your bikejournal login information so statmonkey can access your data to create the graph.

Then on the BNA go to your user control panel and copy and paste the appropriate code from statmonkey into your signature. It will look something like

Code: Select all
[img]http://statmonkey.is-a-geek.net/cycling/sig?basic=y&id=yournumber[/img]


I hope that helps :)
Image
User avatar
grantw
 
Posts: 1445
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:22 am
Location: Wollongong

Re: 6K Club 2013 Edition

Postby sblack » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:45 pm

roller, from earlier in the thread...
ColinOldnCranky wrote:
sblack wrote:Colin, go to the cycling target thingy settings page and choose bikejournal as your source and your bikejournal username as the source account. You should be able to get the 'strava' bar working off your bikejournal entries and not have to use strava at all (which I agree if you aren't using a GPS device is not as appealing.

Thanks. Your advice - clear and very specific to my need.

I have now done the deed. Looking forward to being in the mix with the rest. (Especially as I extremely pleased with my best ever start for the year. :) )


Colin, roller and any other bikejournal users, the bikejournal signature only works for the single line version of the statmonkey bar so the code to paste into your signature bar is
Code: Select all
[img]http://statmonkey.is-a-geek.net/cycling/sig?basic=y&id=###[/img]
where ### is your statmonkey number although it's probably easiest to go to your home page and just copy the code straight from there with your number already in it.

edit: looks like Grant beat me to it
Image
User avatar
sblack
 
Posts: 1294
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:38 pm

Re: 6K Club 2013 Edition

Postby Mustang » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:06 pm

grantw wrote:Sorry, I was talking to roller, not sure why you'd be getting the pixel message, plenty of other folks have the double bars. A glitch perhaps?

Tried several times over a few days, not sure what else I can do, the mods just refer you to the sticky regarding oversize signatures.
Image
User avatar
Mustang
 
Posts: 1366
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:20 am
Location: Little Mountain Q

Re: 6K Club 2013 Edition

Postby singlespeedscott » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:29 pm

Bloody night shift. I have been rogered with 6 12hr night shifts in 8 days. No riding for me this week :(
Image
User avatar
singlespeedscott
 
Posts: 3148
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:35 pm
Location: Elimbah, Queensland

Re: 6K Club 2013 Edition

Postby grantw » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:59 pm

Mustang wrote:
grantw wrote:Sorry, I was talking to roller, not sure why you'd be getting the pixel message, plenty of other folks have the double bars. A glitch perhaps?

Tried several times over a few days, not sure what else I can do, the mods just refer you to the sticky regarding oversize signatures.


are you using strava or bikejournal? If the latter you will only be able to display the simple bar graph as mentioned by Shane earlier.
Image
User avatar
grantw
 
Posts: 1445
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:22 am
Location: Wollongong

Re: 6K Club 2013 Edition

Postby norbs » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:10 pm

Hello from Radelaide.



Image


Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
User avatar
norbs
 
Posts: 2314
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:20 am
Location: Shoalhaven. NSW

Re: 6K Club 2013 Edition

Postby bosvit » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:23 pm

Excellent photos norbs

are you going to be on Willunga hill on Saturday?
User avatar
bosvit
 
Posts: 1590
Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:47 pm
Location: Port Lincoln

Re: 6K Club 2013 Edition

Postby norbs » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:41 am

bosvit wrote:Excellent photos norbs

are you going to be on Willunga hill on Saturday?


I believe so.

Off to Norton summit now. :)
User avatar
norbs
 
Posts: 2314
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:20 am
Location: Shoalhaven. NSW

Re: 6K Club 2013 Edition

Postby DaveOZ » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:26 am

celeste boy wrote:Good to see you on the road today Dave. Looking good. You should have done that hill easily. I needed to pedal down the Hume HWY masher with the wind in my face. The SH bike club were starting where we parked the cars. Tempting to give them a shake but decided against it!

Graham


Good to catch up Graham. I went looking on Strava for the SHCC boys and noticed the did the same loop as you (AT) 31.7km/h average.

http://app.strava.com/activities/38314341

:shock:
Image
User avatar
DaveOZ
 
Posts: 1482
Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:15 am
Location: Bowral NSW

PreviousNext

Return to General discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], lard, snortin



Popular Bike Shops
Torpedo 7 Torpedo7 AU
Ground Effect Ground Effect NZ
Chain Reaction Cycles CRC UK
Wiggle Wiggle UK
Ebay Ebay AU

“Bicycles BNA Twitter
“Bicycles BNA Facebook
“Google+ BNA Google+
“Bicycles BNA Newsletter

> FREE BNA Stickers
> BNA Cycling Kit