Just like to say thanks

Jerryjan

Just like to say thanks

Postby Jerryjan » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:57 am

Hi
I would just like to say thanks to the 2 riders who helped me after I came off my bike on the 24th Jan. I was coming hope from work, crossing Lord st in Bassendean on railway parade in the direction of Midland, alway very busy at 5.00 pm. I crossed the road went down the ramp, but came off the path stopped dead hitting the Kerberos and landed on my face , hands and shoulder. Two guys one behind me and one coming the other way helped me and checked me over. One of the guys walked me down the road (as I only live down the road from there). I went to Sawn districts, I broke the knuckle for my little finger on my left hand. Badly scraped my face and the shoulder is badly scraped and quite painful. They kept me in over night, but I don't feel too bad now.
I am to blame for coming off the path, but the hole and concrete kerbing could be a lot better. I will go and see the bassendean council and see if they can improve it.
Once again thanks guys you know who you are.

Cheers Jerry

Red Rider

Re: Just like to say thanks

Postby Red Rider » Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:57 pm

Great to hear of the good sammies :) Hope you recover quickly and Bassendean fix the path promptly. That is a tricky little path, sloping and twisty and tight.

Jerryjan

Postby Jerryjan » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:38 pm

Thanks for the reply Red Rider, great map but you did not put the cross where my body was. I have just met with the Bassendean council and they are going to alter the path so it is more friendly for stupid people like me who can't stay on the straight and narrow. Looks like I will be out for upto six weeks.
Cheers Jerry

Sprocket

Postby Sprocket » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:55 pm

Sorry to hear about your mishap Jerry. But good on you following up with the council. I hate that part so much that I go south down Lord Street on the footpath, cross at the lights and go through the back roads to the bridge. Here's hoping that Bassendean Council fix it up nicely.

Jerryjan

Postby Jerryjan » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:13 pm

Just an update.
The bassendean council has filled in hole and built a concrete ramp where I came to grief. That is excellent service it has been less than 1 week.
Cheers Jerry

Sprocket

Postby Sprocket » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:17 pm

Well done Jerry! Good things come out of bad. I'll test out Jerry's section this evening :D