Bike Gallery

MADCAP

Re: Bike Gallery

Postby MADCAP » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:35 pm

A-Style wrote:Image

Whilst we're on the topic of De Rosa... here's my Merak Evolution 2013!

Probably not the greatest photo I could have done but gives you an idea.

Unreal bike. Logged probably just under 1000kms on it in 4 weeks give or take and have to say it just does everything so well. Fast and ultra stiff whilst being comfortable to sit in the saddle for 4+ hours. Not to mention the fact that it descends like crazy and steers like its on rails. I'm sure it does things much like most other higher end frames.

Subjective opinion all the same but very happy with it so far.

Also like the fact that you don't see too many on the roads although that has never been a motivating factor for me. Just gotta decide whether I want to move from Dura-Ace pedals over to Speedplay. Not a necessity but wondering if it might be better.
Black is BADASS - Looks LIKE A BOSS

kunalraiker

Postby kunalraiker » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:33 am

MADCAP wrote:

Unreal bike. Logged probably just under 1000kms on it in 4 weeks give or take and have to say it just does everything so well. Fast and ultra stiff whilst being comfortable to sit in the saddle for 4+ hours. Not to mention the fact that it descends like crazy and steers like its on rails. I'm sure it does things much like most other higher end frames.

Also like the fact that you don't see too many on the roads although that has never been a motivating factor for me. Just gotta decide whether I want to move from Dura-Ace pedals over to Speedplay. Not a necessity but wondering if it might be better.
Black is BADASS - Looks LIKE A BOSS-Not really cannot tell whether its a REID or another Black Bike on the Road.

boss

Postby boss » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:55 pm

Fair enough. We're all entitled to our own tastes :mrgreen:

My dream bike would be a matte black frame with gloss black decals, murdered out. No white pin stripes or any colour really.

Mrfenejeans

Postby Mrfenejeans » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:01 pm

boss wrote: My dream bike would be a matte black frame with gloss black decals, murdered out. No white pin stripes or any colour really.

My Cannondale CAAD10 black inc is almost along those lines only with gold Cannondale logos which are rather inconspicuous, Just need to get around to get some decent photos in a more picturesque background than the brickwalls of my home.

boss

Postby boss » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:05 pm

Mrfenejeans wrote:
boss wrote: My dream bike would be a matte black frame with gloss black decals, murdered out. No white pin stripes or any colour really.

My Cannondale CAAD10 black inc is almost along those lines only with gold Cannondale logos which are rather inconspicuous, Just need to get around to get some decent photos in a more picturesque background than the brickwalls of my home.
Perfect excuse to get out into the hills or down to the beach!

P.S. Very Jealous!

stinhambo

Postby stinhambo » Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:56 pm

I think my next bike will be a Cannondale. They are seriously sexy things.

sdnelson19

Postby sdnelson19 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:04 am

Bert got retired, leaving Ernie a little lonely. So here's Oscar. Image

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk 2

YouAgainstMe

Postby YouAgainstMe » Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:13 am

My new ride. I have some carbon ultegra pedals on order which I think will make the bike look a lot better than the old silver 105's. Bike fits (i'm 6'4) and rides like a dream 8) Couldn't be happier!

MarkG

Postby MarkG » Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:40 pm

Very nice mate!
Proudly "a hater of academics with helmet cams"

AndyRevill

Postby AndyRevill » Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:03 pm

My new Trek Domane 4.5, replaces my dead 1.7. Only had it for just over the week and absolutely love it! rides like a dream!

Sorry, not the best pictures but was in a hurry to go for a ride :D

Trek 1.7 dec.
Trek Domane 4.5

Mustang

Postby Mustang » Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:56 am

I like the white/black rather than all black, we need to be seen!
Nice bars. Also Trek are boasting no weight restrictions on warranty.
Distance Goal 4000km
70 years young.

timgrainger

Postby timgrainger » Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:15 pm

Wow, some very, very nice hardware! I'm just getting back into photography after way too much focus on the 9-5, so here's a pic of my newest toy. Sadly, it's a case of easy come, easy go - BMC's 56cm is much bigger than any other 56cm I've ridden, so if you're a taller person than me (180cm) and interested...let me know.

For the photo heads among you - shot just after sunset last weekend. 200mm lens at f4, and there's a flash unit just left of frame. Welcome any other comments/constructive criticism etc.

timgrainger

Postby timgrainger » Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:21 pm

And seeing AndyRevill's Domane above, here's my everyday ride, a 2009 Madone 5.2. If it looks "as new", that's because it still is - I got posted to the remote NT a month after buying it (and if my Troopie was struggling with low-range desert roads, I didn't hold much hope for the Trek), and then after returning, into an equally busy job.

I honestly haven't really had much time to ride it regularly until November last year - still only has 2,300kms on it.

MarkG

Postby MarkG » Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:34 pm

timgrainger wrote:Wow, some very, very nice hardware! I'm just getting back into photography after way too much focus on the 9-5, so here's a pic of my newest toy. Sadly, it's a case of easy come, easy go - BMC's 56cm is much bigger than any other 56cm I've ridden, so if you're a taller person than me (180cm) and interested...let me know.

For the photo heads among you - shot just after sunset last weekend. 200mm lens at f4, and there's a flash unit just left of frame. Welcome any other comments/constructive criticism etc.
Very cool!
Proudly "a hater of academics with helmet cams"

timgrainger

Postby timgrainger » Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:45 pm

MarkG wrote:
Very cool!
Thanks Mark. It's an absolutely beautiful piece of kit (only four or five in the country), so I wanted to get the shot right and I was pretty happy with the final image. I spent a fair bit of time trawling the net for bike pic tips and tricks, and the best piece of advice was to go for plain or non distracting backgrounds (given how much 'see through' there is on a typical pushie).

My biggest challenge now is to find a new way to prop the bike up that allows me to shoot from a different angle (you might note that both the BMC and Trek are shot the same...meaning I must be hiding something behind that front wheel/back wheel/LHS crank...!)

Howzat

Postby Howzat » Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:36 pm

Ah, just take a moment to balance it - like this... :wink:

timgrainger

Postby timgrainger » Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:34 pm

Howzat wrote:Ah, just take a moment to balance it - like this...
Hmm. You sure that puppy dog isn't playing some sort of part?

Lovely looking Madone. Looks big - a 60 or 62cm frame?

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Mulger bill » Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:47 pm

timgrainger wrote:
Nope, it's the laundry basket. They have special powers in cycling photography. :D
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011

A-Style

Postby A-Style » Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:20 pm

MADCAP wrote:

Thanks pal! Very happy with it. Although frame aesthetics had little do with my purchasing of it what I love most about it is that its understated.

Frankly if I wanted a flashier bike I would have brought a Look 695 or Dogma because they both look unreal IMO.

Admittedly it was out of this and a C59 but I couldn't agree on a price that I was comfortable with so I went this option which was a custom build. All in all I am extremely pleased with my decision.

Only criticism however is to do with the engine! Bahahaha! Nah its purring at the moment. Lol 1200km in January. :D

timgrainger

Postby timgrainger » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:20 am

Mulger bill wrote:
timgrainger wrote:
Nope, it's the laundry basket. They have special powers in cycling photography. :D
Bill, I wouldn't rule it out. In researching "how to stand bike up for photo" last week, I came across more than a few wacky suggestions, but the one I liked most (and used quite often, apparently) is to have a friend balance the bike, and then just as you're about to take the photo, jump out of frame. If done correctly, the bike will stand on its own for 1-2 seconds, before crashing to down to the ground. I'm assuming the really well trained folks can balance the bike, jump out of frame and jump back in again before the bike falls down.

visrealm

Postby visrealm » Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:30 pm

timgrainger wrote:Wow, some very, very nice hardware! I'm just getting back into photography after way too much focus on the 9-5, so here's a pic of my newest toy. Sadly, it's a case of easy come, easy go - BMC's 56cm is much bigger than any other 56cm I've ridden, so if you're a taller person than me (180cm) and interested...let me know.

I'm mainly wondering how the bike is being propped up? :? Or has the evidence been removed? 8)
'14 Avanti Corsa SL Team (Roadie)
'13 Specialized Secteur Disc (Commuter)
'04 Giant Yukon (MTB)
'12 Avanti Cadent 1 - R.I.P.

cobba

Postby cobba » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:03 pm

zancs wrote:Image

My first post and of my new ride fresh from the shop.
2012 Specialized SL4 Tarmac Pro frame
Specialized Shallow Bend Aluminium bars with fi'zi:k 3mm thick tape
2012 SRam Red Black group
Fulcrum Race Zero Special Edition with Vittoria Open Corsa CX tyres
fi'zi:k Arione Titanium rails
Shimano Ultegra Carbon pedals.

Weighed in at the shop at 6.82kg's without the pedals (pedals 254gms).
Your bike has a recall notice.

http://www.recalls.gov.au/content/index ... Id/1045150

timgrainger

Postby timgrainger » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:12 pm

visrealm wrote: I'm mainly wondering how the bike is being propped up? :? Or has the evidence been removed? 8)
Hello visrealm - there's length of plastic tubing that's wedged between the chainstay, crank and pedal on the LHS. On the BMC/CX shot, you can't see it due to the angle the front wheel is rotated, but if you look closely on the shot of the Trek, you'll just see it (in between big chainring and front wheel).

So far, the technique works well, but as you can see, it kinda limits the choices you have for framing/composing the pic!

Dan

Bike Gallery

Postby Dan » Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:03 pm

timgrainger wrote:

Welcome any other comments/constructive criticism etc.
Some pedals? ;)

Lots of posts concerning preferences/convention/witchcraft regarding bicycle photography - I think there's even a thread dedicated to it...

schroeds

Postby schroeds » Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:10 pm

Picked this up the other day, it's for my wife's nephew. Stiff as. Needs some decent pedals.

Not so much a cyclist...more of a sit down comedian