Australia Day Retro Ride

jbchybridrider

Re: Australia Day Retro Ride

Postby jbchybridrider » Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:42 pm

Wal42 wrote: http://youtu.be/GQ8U2LZpUPE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A+ for effort, better than nothing anyway. Shame about the weather and the flag. :)

elantra

Postby elantra » Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:23 pm

hope the waether is better soon.

Wal42

Postby Wal42 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:40 pm

elantra wrote:hope the waether is better soon.

The weather was shite today, took the MTB out this morning & rode to Nudgee Beach, there was about .5 metre of water across the bikeway after the crit track at Toombul, it was worse around lunchtime, took the single speed for a ride to 1 Mile Creek & back, couldn't see cr@p, glasses fogged up so couldn't see through them, but the wind & rain was that hard you couldn't ride with them up. Also managed to fill the Garmin up with water, played up when I downloaded the files for both rides, spent 2 hours stopped on this mornings ride (yep I managed to do 50kms on a MTB in a little over an hour), then lost the heart rate halfway round on my second ride, it's currently sitting in a container of rice.

Planned to ride tomorrow (I go on holidays on Friday, so no bikes at all for 2 weeks for me), but with the weather the way it currently is I may only do laps of Bunyaville forest park rather than straying too far from home.

funnybike

Postby funnybike » Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:19 pm

Crikey Wal! I just stayed home and serviced the llewellyn.

Wal42

Postby Wal42 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:26 pm

You know what track sprinters like me are like, all brawn & no brains.

ZepinAtor

Postby ZepinAtor » Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:32 pm

Wal42 wrote:
elantra wrote:hope the waether is better soon.

The weather was shite today, took the MTB out this morning & rode to Nudgee Beach, there was about .5 metre of water across the bikeway after the crit track at Toombul
We did almost the same, but didn't go past the .5 metre depth marker at the crit track. Funny coincidence though as my Garmin wasn't happy along with my Contour camera which both had a dummy spit after the ride.

Yep....... Bunyaville/Ironbark sound like good options for Monday.
Gas propulsion.......it's natural don't fight it.