Prettiest Cycling Team

GreyhoundCycle

Prettiest Cycling Team

Postby GreyhoundCycle » Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:54 pm

Never thought cycling can be this pretty :D So where can we see the race?

General Classification guys, No inappropriate comments please :D

http://www.bikeradar.com/road/gallery/a ... ch-36272/4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cruiserman

Re: Prettiest Cycling Team

Postby Cruiserman » Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:37 pm

Must have run short of the black and orange shoes.
2008 Specialized SWorks Roubaix SL - Zipps - Campag - Nuff Said
1986 Spokesman Model 11 Racing - Campag Nuvo Record - Stronglight - Shimano 600

15wilsonwu

Postby 15wilsonwu » Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:59 pm

Great, now what. Im outta tissue :wink:
Btw, I dont suppose cycling is their main job is it? Cause women cycling is seriously lacking in development and I doubt they could make a living with cycling.
2015 BMC TimeMachine TMR02
- Ultegra 6800
- Shimano RS31

Graeme H

Postby Graeme H » Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:54 am

Cruiserman wrote:Must have run short of the black and orange shoes.
Well spotted.
I think that's the Olympic star Laura Trott, in which case her Adidas sponsorship clearly trumps the team uniform.

Graeme H

Postby Graeme H » Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:34 am

15wilsonwu wrote:Btw, I don't suppose cycling is their main job is it?
You're right. The top handful of women professional cyclists make a living out of it (the likes of Marianne Vos, Emma Pooley, Evelyn Stevens) but not many do and, unlike the professional men, the women aren't protected by a UCI minimum salary rule. Even those relatively big earners have other careers backing them up: Vos suspended her medical studies to focus on cycling, Pooley moved to a smaller team this year to finish her PhD in engineering and Stevens quit her financial analyst job on Wall Street to cycle full time.

The women's peloton is full of riders with highly educated professions - doctors, physiotherapists, journalists, etc - suggesting that the sport itself isn't generally seen as a career option in the way it is for a successful male professional. They'll work alongside their training to save enough money for another season of racing in Europe.

The team we're looking at here is owned and managed by one of the riders, Rochelle Gilmore, who has made a living out of the sport as a businesswoman and has been running successful teams for some years, while also being a successful rider (and TV presenter, and every other role she can find to promote the sport and her sponsors).

If you're interested in this stuff, http://prowomenscycling.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; is a good place to start. They do a great fortnightly podcast during the season and post heaps of links to relevant articles, interviews etc.

And there are launch photos of other attractive teams here: http://womenscycling.tumblr.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mustang

Postby Mustang » Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:41 am

Nicole Cooke’s retirement statement

You absolutely have to read this - it’s not a surprise Nicole Cooke’s retiring, but her statement is explosive! So much here - no punches pulled on Lance, Tyler Hamilton, Genevieve Jeanson, the UCI, British Cycling and so much more. Seriously, click through right now!
Distance Goal 4000km
70 years young.

greyhoundtom

Postby greyhoundtom » Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:46 am

Fixed the link :) and it's a must read thanks Mustang ....... which certainly puts in perspective Lance's so called confession and wish to be forgiven for past wrong doings. :roll:

Nicole Cooke retirement statement

Only a small quote but very relevant from her statement:
Second fiddle to Jeanson during this time in Canada was a rider with morals called Lyne Bessette. Nobody can give back to Lyne Bessette or I the wins Jeanson stole from us. Throughout her career Jeanson repeatedly lied, just like Lance and yet now, she confesses that she had been on an extensive doping program since she was 16. The full story only came out, via quality investigative journalism.

Jeanson states, like all the others, she is "repentant" and all that is behind her. All these "born again" champions of a clean sport. They could be more accurately described as criminals who stole other's livelihoods who are only ever genuinely sorry about one thing — they are very sorry they were caught.

I do despair that the sport will ever clean itself up when the rewards of stealing are greater than riding clean. If that remains the case, the temptation for those with no morals will always be too great. Lyne summed it up quite nicely with a statement that won her few plaudits but was entirely right. I can't help thinking that the cheats win on the way up and the way down.

Tyler Hamilton will make more money from his book describing how he cheated than Bessette or I will make in all our years of our honest labour. The situation requires the very basics of morality. Please don't reward people like Hamilton with money. That is the last thing he needs. Donate his literary prize and subsequent earnings from such publications to a charity. There are many places infinitely more deserving than the filthy hands of Hamilton. I am happy to offer some ideas!

It is obvious that this issue is wider than the remit of the sporting governing bodies. It is no modest "sporting fraud". Wider society has to act.

Apple

Postby Apple » Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:45 am

15wilsonwu wrote:Great, now what. Im outta tissue :wink:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ROLMHO gold
A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.
Speak your mind,Those that mind dont matter, Those that matter dont mind!!

bardygrub

Postby bardygrub » Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:48 am

There should be a rule for da ladies when getting there pics of rooling up thier knicks just an inch or so to show off the tan marks :shock: as i like to look at my tan marks when im in my boxers but on da ladies whoooo :wink: