Kedron Brook Bikeway to the sea conditions report

Lukeyboy

Re: Kedron Brook Bikeway to the sea conditions report

Postby Lukeyboy » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:02 pm

Washout at Toombul.

Comedian

Postby Comedian » Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:07 pm

Large amounts of sand was being removed this morning around the back of stafford city and the grange. It was still quite a mess... But rideable...

Hamster

Postby Hamster » Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:41 pm

Coming from the Northern side it's blocked off this morning (6 Feb) near the Boondall Environment Centre with a sign advising of fallen trees. :evil: :cry:
It would not be at all strange if history came to the conclusion that the perfection of the bicycle was the greatest achievement of the nineteenth century.

Lukeyboy

Postby Lukeyboy » Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:20 pm

Hamster wrote:Coming from the Northern side it's blocked off this morning (6 Feb) near the Boondall Environment Centre with a sign advising of fallen trees. :evil: :cry:
Its still blocked off? Might have to get out there with my chainsaw. Its only a couple trees over the pathway. A couple trees in weird positions but no different than they were before the winds.

From the 30th of Jan. The first tree has been down since I went through on the 27th.

Hamster

Postby Hamster » Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:34 am

The path through the Boondall Wetlands is now OPEN :D :D :D
It would not be at all strange if history came to the conclusion that the perfection of the bicycle was the greatest achievement of the nineteenth century.

ray

Postby ray » Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:40 pm

Hamster wrote:The path through the Boondall Wetlands is now OPEN :D :D :D
Is there any standing water through the Bondall Wetlands? I went as far as Nudgee Road yesterday from the Nundah Cri and on my way back the bikepath was beginning to flood due to the rising tide.

Lukeyboy

Postby Lukeyboy » Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:23 pm

No standing water. But there are wet patches and that 10-20m bit where its mega slippery with mud/twigs/thin twiggy leaves about 500m in on the Boondall side (You know the part that always floods when theres a sprinkle of rain/a 1cm wave). That being said today I didn't drop below 33kph through that area.

brett.hooker

Postby brett.hooker » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:37 pm

I did boondall wetlands on Saturday morning and had to ride through 3 inches of standing water at the peak of high tide... Love the adventure... :-)
It had been fine on the way out, but very damp on the way back... Totally traversable though, all the way from kedron brook road to redcliffe and back...
Loving my Merida's and working towards adding a Pinarello to the stable... Go go go...

Lukeyboy

Postby Lukeyboy » Thu May 16, 2013 6:14 pm

Sigh. Out of all the bikeway the council found the perfect spots for new painted distance markers in the boondall wetlands leg.

They have finally got rid of those death traps at Kedron. When you're flying along at night you don't notice them until its too late. It was made worse as the lights next to them didn't work for months and that was even before the flood washed them out.

The pathway bits have all been cemented over with the final bits being done today.

Work has also just started on repairing the washout next to the railway line at Toombul.

brett.hooker

Postby brett.hooker » Thu May 16, 2013 9:47 pm

Thanks for the update!!!
Loving my Merida's and working towards adding a Pinarello to the stable... Go go go...

grpaxto

Postby grpaxto » Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:27 pm

Looks like the new Gateway Bikeway bridge over Shulz Canal near the hedley crit track is going up quickly. Will be a good connector into Eagle Farm/Gateway once finished.
http://www.tmr.qld.gov.au/Projects/Name ... -link.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;