From upright to 'bent in Brisbane? Test rides?

dannyj

From upright to 'bent in Brisbane? Test rides?

Postby dannyj » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:02 am

I'd like to transfer from my upright for commuting/50k+ Sundays to a recumbent but I'm in Brisbane... [without flying to Canberra] is there anyway to test ride a recumbent before burning wads of cash?

Was looking at Highracers i.e. Bacchetta Giro 26...

cherock

Re: From upright to 'bent in Brisbane? Test rides?

Postby cherock » Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:33 pm

Hi, I ride a Bacchetta Corsa and live in Brisbane. Corsa is a bit sportier than the Giro 26 but I think the feel should be very similar. I know how difficult it is buying without test riding, I myself did heaps of research online before taking the plunge after failing to contact Bacchetta owners in Brisbane. I'm quite happy to arrange for a test ride :)

dannyj

Postby dannyj » Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:30 pm

Thanks Cherock - sent you a PM
cherock wrote:Hi, I ride a Bacchetta Corsa and live in Brisbane. Corsa is a bit sportier than the Giro 26 but I think the feel should be very similar. I know how difficult it is buying without test riding, I myself did heaps of research online before taking the plunge after failing to contact Bacchetta owners in Brisbane. I'm quite happy to arrange for a test ride :)

skyblot

Postby skyblot » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:48 pm

Check out http://www.brisbanecyclist.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, they have an active recumbent group on the forum and have semi-regular ride days although they've been a bit quiet recently. 3 Mangos in town too...
Selection of trikes, high and low racers, front and rear wheel drive.
Cheers