Aldi indoor bike trainer

Scarfy96

Aldi indoor bike trainer

Postby Scarfy96 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:36 am

Seems these are coming up again Wed 6th Feb - $60.

Anyone got one previously? Reviews?

Howzat

Re: Aldi indoor bike trainer

Postby Howzat » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:00 am

Do you have a link Scarfy?

Scarfy96

Postby Scarfy96 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:10 am

No, looked on the Aldi site but they don't have the catalogue on it for Wed 6th Feb yet.

I only know because I have the printed catalogue in front of me - landed on my driveway this morning. Also doing $129 Mtn bikes, $20 helmets, bike stand and bike lift for hanging a bike off the roof in a shed etc.

I know they have done them previously so just wondering if anyone got one and what they thought of them.

Comedian

Postby Comedian » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:08 pm

I'd love to hear some feedback on these...

http://aldi.com.au/au/html/offers/2827_25362.htm

ozzymac

Postby ozzymac » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:26 pm

I bought one when they previously had them for sale. Looks to be the same one just a different colour.

It works, seems to be fairly well built. I only use it for bike fitting and tune ups etc, so don't know how long it would last if used on a regular basis.

Cheers

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk 2

slian

Postby slian » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:47 pm

Bump!

Was just gonna post this up looking for feedback when I stumble on this timely thread...

Also mainly for fine-tuning bikefit though obviously will be bonus if this can be used more regularly for indoor training.

Xplora

Postby Xplora » Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:48 pm

I"m going to try and pick one up, will report back. Really need something to put some more kms into the legs, family support and all that. Might be able to get the wife to HTFU and get some kms in as well! :x

cloudwarrior

Postby cloudwarrior » Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:00 pm

Picked up one today. Only taken it out of the box so far. Looks like I will need to change my rear skewer to use it. (skewer included in package)
Will report back after a few sessions

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk 2

Dadrock

Postby Dadrock » Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:25 pm

Got home last night to find that my partner had picked one up for me. Said she was sick of me whinging about not being able to ride, thanks to a commutated displaced distal fracture of the radius... :roll:

Hopped on last night and had a spin for 15 minutes...6 weeks off the bike and it feels like I've lost 12 months worth of fitness! Anyway, it held together and did what it says on the box. Just had to keep telling the kids to keep thier fingers away from my back wheel :shock:

hopefully I'll be back on the road in the next month, so this is only a temporary measure for me, but the price was right.

martin
"You make pigs smoke. You feed beef burgers to swans. You have big sheds, but nobody's allowed in..."

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:01 pm

Looky what I got. :mrgreen:
Thumb doovalaky pic.

No more wobble wobble wobble, dam I can't watch TV. Just not stable or confident on the rollers to not pay attention to where I am on them. :(
I don't suffer fools easily and so long as you have done your best,you should have no regrets.
Goal 6000km

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:57 am

Just did 20mins on this, with setting 1on a 92.5inc gear. Well holy crap that hurt and the sweet was unreal. :shock:

Very glad I got it and the plus is, I can watch telly without falling off. :lol:

Foo
I don't suffer fools easily and so long as you have done your best,you should have no regrets.
Goal 6000km

brandthin

Postby brandthin » Sun May 19, 2013 2:58 am

i'm glad i'm not the only one that needs a little bit of help deciding on an indoor bike trainer. I'm pretty new into cycling but i've really started to love it, which is why I think I need an indoor bike trainer now, I'm addicted!! I've been looking around and I need some suggestions, I found this site [link removed] and I really like the Forza F-2 Model and I was curious if any of you guys have had experience with that model or forza and if it's a pretty reliable brand. any help would be great, thanks guys.

rjk

Postby rjk » Mon May 20, 2013 8:11 am

as has been previously stated in many threads, get a kurt kinetic fluid trainer, best of its type on the market.

Incredibly quiet for a trainer, i do spin classes at a cycle club and 80% are kurt kinetics does that tell you something ?

http://www.kurtkinetic.com/road-machine-p-198-l-en.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Boardman CX pro now the commuter, Salsa Casseroll, Trek Domane

michellemclean81

Postby michellemclean81 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:20 pm

Can anyone tell me if the Aldi indoor trainer is decent enough for indoor cycling... i.e. won't wreck my bike or be too wobbly to get a good work out.

https://www.aldi.com.au/en/special-buys ... trainer-1/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It's only $70 in this week's sale so it seems like a great price but things that are too cheap worry me slightly.

The Kurt Kinetic training devices that were suggested are way out of my price range as I'm a full time student (i.e. poor!).

Any comments on the quality would be greatly appreciated.

stevecassidy

Postby stevecassidy » Sat Mar 07, 2015 7:52 pm

Hi Michell,
any $70 trainer is likely to be very noisy but it will likely work fine. It looks like this is a magnetic one and there are a bunch of similar models available, not just at Aldi. Cell have a $99 Jetblack model which will be better made than this one and probably quieter. Graeme Obree swears by the magnetic trainers because they have a reliable load and don't vary - meaning you can measure your power output more reliably.

If you want a quieter experience then go for a fluid trainer. I got the cheapest I could find which was the Force Fluid Trainer from Torpedo7 - I got it on special for around $150 I think. If you want to watch videos while you train the fluid trainer is much better - with the Aldi one you will need headphones turned up high.

So, this one will work fine most likely, spend what you can afford.

Steve
Where's your next race? cabici.net lists bike races in Sydney

michellemclean81

Postby michellemclean81 » Sun Mar 08, 2015 5:50 pm

Thanks very much for your reply, Steve. I think I'll hold off until I've done a bit more research on the ones you and a couple of other people have suggested.

The weather is still perfectly fine for riding anyway, so no rush! :)

Thanks again :)

plasmapuff

Postby plasmapuff » Sun May 17, 2015 5:51 pm

Now only $29.99 on clearance at Aldi. Saw one this arvo at Aldi Lutwyche in QLD. Possibly at other Aldis too.

https://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/194491" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

For $30 I thought it was worth the gamble. The front wheel riser block is usually $20 lol...

mechanics

Postby mechanics » Sun May 24, 2015 4:06 pm

I'm also looking for an indoor bike trainer (Resistance Trainers), or an exercise bike. Do you guys have any suggestion?