Shonky Fronky banned for 12 months ....

MichaelB

Shonky Fronky banned for 12 months ....

Postby MichaelB » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:58 am

Now that Fronky has been finally handed a ban fvor his positive test at TdF 2012, he'll miss TdF 2013.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/frank-s ... doping-ban

Does this mean that Abandonandy will have to try* and ride another GT without his shadow ?

I ,mean, his track record sinec 'coming back' from injury is a bit suspect to say the least. He couldn't finish the Tour of Beijing and even abandoned the TdU (started 124th of 130 riders for the last stage :shock: ).

I know early season form can be misleading but ....

Will this undoubted but fragile talent get back to good form , or is he now broken ?

* - has he actually managed to complete any of the races he has enetered in since Fronky's +ve test and his injury ?

outnabike

Re: Shonky Fronky banned for 12 months ....

Postby outnabike » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:37 am

I know nothing about drugs for use in sport, but how the hell do these athletes even get anywhere near these types of substances? He took it accidentally and he is not a cheat, maybe, so is this stuff in the weatbix?
Vivente World Randonneur complete with panniers

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Mulger bill » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:20 pm

Serves him right for going to Berties butcher :roll:
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011

skull

Postby skull » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:24 pm

outnabike wrote:I know nothing about drugs for use in sport, but how the hell do these athletes even get anywhere near these types of substances? He took it accidentally and he is not a cheat, maybe, so is this stuff in the weatbix?
There are a lot of things that are available quite readily and on the WADA prohibited list.

As an elite athlete he should be aware of what is in whatever they are consuming.