Women's Crit Race Grade Speeds

rdwaltonut

Women's Crit Race Grade Speeds

Postby rdwaltonut » Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:25 pm

I was wondering what the women's speeds by grade for crit racing.
"Try not. Do...or do not. There is no try." -Yoda-

nickobec

Re: Women's Crit Race Grade Speeds

Postby nickobec » Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:50 pm

rdwaltonut wrote:I was wondering what the women's speeds by grade for crit racing.
Depends on the course, the weather and who is racing.

Last week at Bentley Tech Park the Women's B and Men's/Open D got combined, and the women ripped the legs of the D grade men at 37kph, it is not a flat circuit.

I would hate to tried to keep up with the A grade women the previous race there, given the finishers M Hoskins, D King, L Trott

Did two more crits last weekend, a vets D grade on a flat circuit and 37kph pace there was sedentary in comparison. And an open D grade on a very windy circuit, with two very technical corners and at 34kph was as tough riding with the B grade Women

nescius

Postby nescius » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:38 pm

It depends on the course and conditions, at Stromlo on Wednesday it looks like Women's B averaged about 36kmh but there was a fairly solid headwind up the rise on the back straight that would have slowed them down. Women's A on the same night averaged just under 40kmh.
Scott Spark 900 RC | Yeti Arc | Yeti SB130 | Trek Madone 4.5 | Look 695 SR ipack

toppity

Postby toppity » Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:21 am

If you are asking this question because you are trying to compare your training times against race times then don't bother with that. Racing is always faster than you can ever train. Just get out and give it a try.

Otherwise some of the A grade women at our club are comfortable in B/C grade men which averages between 36 and 40 depending on course and conditions. It's a little like the how long is a piece of string question.
I ride several bicycles, but not at once.