warthog1

National track champs

Postby warthog1 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:32 pm

On now sbs 2
Dogs are the best people :wink:

foo on patrol

Re: National track champs

Postby foo on patrol » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:31 pm

Yep watching now. That mens sprint was good. 8)

Foo
I don't suffer fools easily and so long as you have done your best,you should have no regrets.
Goal 6000km

Eleri

Postby Eleri » Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:45 pm

I went out to the 'drome last night. Hard to know why more people don't go but Dunc Gray is in a stupid location so perhaps that's part of it.

Can't go tonight unfortunately but it was a good night! Just wished we had the replay of that men's sprint at the time :-) But have since seen it online.

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:30 pm

With the mens sprint, take note you youngins coming up through the ranks! :wink: You make a split second decision when you see an opportunity and you must grab it and run with it! :idea:

Foo
I don't suffer fools easily and so long as you have done your best,you should have no regrets.
Goal 6000km

wombatK

Postby wombatK » Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:43 pm

Eleri wrote:I went out to the 'drome last night. Hard to know why more people don't go but Dunc Gray is in a stupid location so perhaps that's part of it.
People don't know about it. Cycling Australia run its events incognito, and Bankstown Sports
(the venue operators) do their utmost to keep the secret.

Drive or ride by the 'drome, and you won't find any signs announcing the event - or indeed that
much is happening there.

Pretty much every other sports ground I know of puts signs up advertising their coming events,
but not Dunc Gray. The only sign near it is the For Lease sign put up for the now closed
Handlebar Tavern.
WombatK

Somebody has to do something, and it's just incredibly pathetic that it has to be us -Jerry Garcia

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:12 pm

wombatK wrote:
Eleri wrote:I went out to the 'drome last night. Hard to know why more people don't go but Dunc Gray is in a stupid location so perhaps that's part of it.
People don't know about it. Cycling Australia run its events incognito, and Bankstown Sports
(the venue operators) do their utmost to keep the secret.

Drive or ride by the 'drome, and you won't find any signs announcing the event - or indeed that
much is happening there.

Pretty much every other sports ground I know of puts signs up advertising their coming events,
but not Dunc Gray. The only sign near it is the For Lease sign put up for the now closed
Handlebar Tavern.
And this here is the p**s poor reason why, cycling in Australia is so retarded. :evil: The people that run the show have no bloody idea of how too promote it! :roll:

Foo
Goal 6000km

Strawburger

Postby Strawburger » Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:06 pm

Just coming back from the racing tonight. Absolutely brilliant! Even got the wife to approve to have a go at the track soon. :D

Some great racing, good atmosphere and generally everyone enjoying themselves. Got to speak to Brad McGee and A gold medalist, and even bumped into Crafty & Mike Tommolaris!

Photos soon!
n=10 (2013 & 2004 roads,2010 track,2x 2009 foldups,1990 hybrid,1992 trainer,2007 rental,1970's step through,1980's zeus)

Derny Driver

Postby Derny Driver » Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:17 pm

Strawburger wrote:Just coming back from the racing tonight. Absolutely brilliant! Even got the wife to approve to have a go at the track soon. :D

Some great racing, good atmosphere and generally everyone enjoying themselves. Got to speak to Brad McGee and A gold medalist, and even bumped into Crafty & Mike Tommolaris!

Photos soon!
Crafty aint famous dude :wink:

Strawburger

Postby Strawburger » Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:30 pm

Yeah I know :D but I couldn't think of anyone else I ran into... Oh, Mitchell Bullen. Now there is one muscly unit!
n=10 (2013 & 2004 roads,2010 track,2x 2009 foldups,1990 hybrid,1992 trainer,2007 rental,1970's step through,1980's zeus)

Strawburger

Postby Strawburger » Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:36 pm

By the way, is the red derny only for special occasions? They used the motorbike tonight and reckon the derny adds to the keirin event.

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:26 am

Agree on the location. I understand that the velodrome was going to be Sydney Olympic Park though tennis got the upper hand.
Cycling is in my BNA

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:00 am

Strawburger wrote:By the way, is the red derny only for special occasions? They used the motorbike tonight and reckon the derny adds to the keirin event.
I noticed they didn't have a roller on the back of it neither but then again I can't say I have seen one on the Dernies neither, why? :?

Foo
Goal 6000km

Derny Driver

Postby Derny Driver » Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:32 am

foo on patrol wrote:
Strawburger wrote:By the way, is the red derny only for special occasions? They used the motorbike tonight and reckon the derny adds to the keirin event.
I noticed they didn't have a roller on the back of it neither but then again I can't say I have seen one on the Dernies neither, why? :?

Foo
Dernys dont have rollers, just a mudguard. The mudguards have black tyre marks all over them. They are rounded so that if you run up onto it the tyre just slices left or right. The motorbike though, if you hit it, you will crash. Dont know why they havent fitted a roller to it.
The red dernys are actually very old and quite cantankerous to start (push start). They are pretty awful to ride, having a push throttle like a lawnmower ... I guess the moto is just easier. The dernys havent been used for a year or two now.

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:45 am

Thanks DD I would feel a lot safer with the roller fitted. I made one from an old washing machine for my motor bike back in the day. :mrgreen:

Foo
Goal 6000km

bigfriendlyvegan

Postby bigfriendlyvegan » Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:23 am

Derny Driver wrote:
foo on patrol wrote:

Foo
Dernys dont have rollers, just a mudguard. The mudguards have black tyre marks all over them. They are rounded so that if you run up onto it the tyre just slices left or right. The motorbike though, if you hit it, you will crash. Dont know why they havent fitted a roller to it.
The red dernys are actually very old and quite cantankerous to start (push start). They are pretty awful to ride, having a push throttle like a lawnmower ... I guess the moto is just easier. The dernys havent been used for a year or two now.
They use the red derny all of the time at DGV, I've ridden behind it multiple times.

vander

Postby vander » Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:45 am

bigfriendlyvegan wrote:
Derny Driver wrote:
foo on patrol wrote: I noticed they didn't have a roller on the back of it neither but then again I can't say I have seen one on the Dernies neither, why? :?

Foo
They use the red derny all of the time at DGV, I've ridden behind it multiple times.
They had problems with it this year (it not working) and used the motorbike a couple of times maybe they just went the safer option which they knew would work yesterday.

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:45 am

Watching the events last night and Friday nights, I think we have a very good crop of young riders coming through the ranks, in booth the girls and the blokes. 8)

Foo
Goal 6000km