Good Australian Clothing/Kit Manufacturers?

Dr_Mutley

Re: Good Australian Clothing/Kit Manufacturers?

Postby Dr_Mutley » Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:30 pm

Baldy wrote:Skins

The C400 bibs are very nice.
lol (AT) skins... Not quite the little, "one" man local guys I had in mind! But I agree their bibs aren't bad!!

Dr_Mutley

Postby Dr_Mutley » Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:31 pm

HappyHumber wrote:Dear God.... it looks like someone has bitten into a licorice allsort and some nasty blackish grub larvae has exploded out of it.

Haha that's gold! I won't take offense :-)
Granted, it's far from an every day training kit...

Good for standing out in mass cycling events tho! Ie Willunga Hill stage (AT) the TDU :-)

boss

Postby boss » Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:54 pm

I'm gonna get it I reckon.

jzr

Postby jzr » Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:14 pm

@Dr_Mutley - Is it a bib or just a knick? When you get it (or if you already have it) can you report back on the quality of the chamois? Fairly comfy on a long ride? How does it stack up to a Castelli chamois?

I know the guy who runs it - top bloke - so I am thinking of buying the bib (if it is one) in support. He's manufactured t-shirts and sporting kit for local clubs and other custom stuff for quite a while under another brand, bumped into him at the TDU and discovered he was now into cycling kit as he is a keen cyclist and I think this kit is fairly new to market. This is only the start so I imagine there will much more coming from him in the future.

coffeeandwine

Postby coffeeandwine » Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:31 pm

I would highly recommend Niche Distribution in Ocean Grove. We had some custom knicks and bib knicks done through them for our team for Around The Bay (approx $77 each). They do jerseys and vests as well.

The design they came up with was really flash-much better than my original idea.
Three guys (I am one) reckon they are the most comfortable (bib)knicks we have ever worn. There was a consistent comment that the band on the legs are a little tight at first, watch the sizing if you have sprinters thighs (no issue now).
Chamois was very comfy, even after 210km. On long training rides of 100km, did not even notice the chamois. They also do women's specific chamois for no extra, reports are very comfy!
Steve was very good to deal with as well, I will certainly be back.
Merida 903 from the LBS; Diesel engine

Dr_Mutley

Postby Dr_Mutley » Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:43 pm

jzr wrote:@Dr_Mutley - Is it a bib or just a knick? When you get it (or if you already have it) can you report back on the quality of the chamois? Fairly comfy on a long ride? How does it stack up to a Castelli chamois?

I know the guy who runs it - top bloke - so I am thinking of buying the bib (if it is one) in support. He's manufactured t-shirts and sporting kit for local clubs and other custom stuff for quite a while under another brand, bumped into him at the TDU and discovered he was now into cycling kit as he is a keen cyclist and I think this kit is fairly new to market. This is only the start so I imagine there will much more coming from him in the future.
Hi jzr...
The chamois is good... My daily Knicks are castelli body paint 2.0 with the progetto x2 chamois, and I found the chamois in the fiascos a little less bulky, but still very comfy. On a whole I'm impressed with the quality and the comfort on the couple of long rides I did in them..

I don't know the fella, but the guy i met said he thought he was behind the legacy gear which u see a bit about town? I liked the look of that kit although the gothic typeface of the lettering didn't do much for me...

Edit: yeah bibs sorry...

jzr

Postby jzr » Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:43 pm

Dr_Mutley wrote:On a whole I'm impressed with the quality and the comfort on the couple of long rides I did in them..
Cheers for that! Might have to give them a go.