Cycling calorie counter

tuco

Cycling calorie counter

Postby tuco » Wed Feb 14, 2007 2:59 pm

Has anyone found or use a useful and relatively accurate calorie counter for cycling?

I've been searching and found a few. The better ones take into account weight and age but I haven't found one which allows the actual speed I rode to be inputted. They seem to have a range to select from or are stupid values like 9.4 miles. What's a mile?

There was one on the Victorian cycling (I think) web site which only went to 21km/h and happily told me how many tim tams I'd need to eat to get the calories back.

The results I get are up to 30 and 40% difference in calories burnt.

I don't really need a mega accurate one but one which is reasonably correct and allow for variables like weight, age and speed would be nice.

LuckyPierre

Postby LuckyPierre » Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:24 pm

Check out the 'exercise diary' on cycle2max.
I've been putting my training into it since the beginning of the year. I'm not sure about weight / age, but it does use a method that takes account of the type of activity, duration and level of exertion - and yes, it does realize that you can cycle at more than 21 km/hr. :)

tuco

Postby tuco » Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:36 pm

peterrjleach wrote:Check out the 'exercise diary' on cycle2max.
I'm looking but I'm not seeing.

LuckyPierre

Postby LuckyPierre » Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:43 pm

Oops, I left a bit out. :oops:
You have to register (there's a 'Cycle2max Registration' link on the home page), then log in and set up your profile. There's a link to my profile down near the bottom of the home page under 'new profiles' and you should be able to see my diary if you go there (after you've registered, of course).

mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby mikesbytes » Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:06 pm

peterrjleach wrote:Oops, I left a bit out. :oops:
You have to register (there's a 'Cycle2max Registration' link on the home page), then log in and set up your profile. There's a link to my profile down near the bottom of the home page under 'new profiles' and you should be able to see my diary if you go there (after you've registered, of course).
Is there a simple link?

Have a nice day
training log
ImageImageImage
If the R-1 rule is broken, what happens to N+1?

LuckyPierre

Postby LuckyPierre » Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:03 pm

There doesn't seem to be.
Cycle2max doesn't seem to embed member information in its URL's, so it's doing something different to most other forums.
The link works for me. :cry:

tuco

Postby tuco » Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:42 pm

I tried to register but I still haven't received the email which was supposed to take 10 to 15 minutes.

Maybe they don't believe I'm Robbie McEwen.