Popular Bike Shops
Join the Cycling Forums on Strava
Australian Cycling Forums on Strava
Latest Reviews and Articles
Will your next bike be Intelligent? ABS and Smart Bike Tech
Vitus Vitesse EVO Disc Review – Speed Machine indeed!
- Posts: 1444
- Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:05 pm
- Location: West Gippy
- Posts: 312
- Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:01 pm
- Location: Sydney
1. go on strava, find a segment of interest, download the SEGMENT .gpx file
2. go to garmin connect and upload the gpx file as a 'course'
3. upload the course to your garmin
4. go to courses on your garmin and select one of the ones you uploaded.
as far as i know there is no way to do this automatically or even in a semi automated fashion. but it can be done, and might come in handy if you are targeting a specific KOM?
- Posts: 8959
- Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:11 pm
The best method is just to manually add them to your Garmin device, or just remember where particular ones are.
But really, none of us ever fight for Strava segments - we are all slow careful riders (yeah right).
- Posts: 15451
- Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:49 pm
- Location: Somewhere with padded walls and really big hills!
- General Australian Cycling Topics
- Info / announcements
- Buying a bike / parts
- General Cycling Discussion
- The Bike Shed
- Cycling Health
- Cycling Safety and Advocacy
- Women's Cycling
- Bike & Gear Reviews
- Cycling Trade
- Stolen Bikes
- Bicycle FAQs
- Serious Biking
- Audax / Randonneuring
- Retro biking
- Fixed Gear/ Single Speed
- Electric Bicycles
- Dragsters / Lowriders / Cruisers
- Children's Bikes
- Road Racing
- Road Biking
- Time Trial
- International and National Tours and Events
- Cycle Touring
- Touring Australia
- Touring Overseas
- Touring Bikes and Equipment
- Western Australia
- New South Wales
- South Australia
- Northern Territory
- Country & Regional
- The Market Place
- Member to Member Bike and Gear Sales
- Want to Buy, Group Buy, Swap
- My Bikes or Gear Elsewhere
- Cycling Brands
- Malvern Star
- Custom Builders
- Generic Carbon
About the Australian Cycling Forums
The largest cycling discussion forum in Australia for all things bike; from new riders to seasoned bike nuts, the Australian Cycling Forums are a welcoming community where you can ask questions and talk about the type of bikes and cycling topics you like.