Cell review:

Ordered goods 31/01 2:54 pm
Just arrived today on the 4/02 3:00pm

The Good:
Amazing delivery.
Online chat is actually real and helpful
Products that may leak were taped

The Bad:
The amount of tape used actually sits on the labels so you'll have to tear them off
I ordered R&R devil grease that turns out it wasn't in stock. Cell upgraded me to EPX grease which I can't find listed on their product list. Would have been nice to give me a call or email before shipping to verify the replacement as I only found out when opening the package. I'll stick with this grease anyway :mrgreen:

Boognoss
Super Mod
Super Mod

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby Boognoss » Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:48 pm

My second good ChainReactionCycles experience (out of two).

Ordered a couple of hubs, 700C rims, cassette, crankset and clothing items last Thursday 31/1. Received today Tuesday 5/1 to Sydney metro address.

It wasn't a heavy box but bulky due to the size of the rims. Well packed and all correct.

Wouldn't find an Ultegra 6600 crankset for about AU$70 anywhere else would you? ;) For less than the price of a chainring I now have two and new shiny crank. Bargain.
Salsa Casseroll, Avanti Quantum, Specialized Tricross, Specialized Allez, Cell SS

sb944

Postby sb944 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:34 pm

Wiggle order while $80-$10 and free delivery specials were on, came same day next week after order, first class efforst as usual from the UK.

BikeBug, I can confirm not everything they say "In Stock" for they actually have in stock. 6 days, but still just quicker than UK, and in this case cheaper and local store return piece of mind for me.

fatdudeonabike

Postby fatdudeonabike » Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:19 pm

Why is my Wiggle order taking so long! I don't mean "long" - I didn't really expect to have it by now anyway. But I made my order before many of you who have received them!

I live in Canberra, not in bloody Strahan (Tasmania)

sylloxtric

Postby sylloxtric » Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:49 pm

Velo.net.au while the guy I spoke to there seem nice.. they have very poor communications. Emailed them 3 times only got a reply on the third one regarding a refund. On checkout, item marked as in stock but a week later I only found out of stock when I rang!

First time I tried cycling express, comms not up to par for my liking either. Orders were processed 27/1 website reckons all items in stock. I called today, as mate prompted me to ring as he ordered a similar item. Was advised no stock and stock was expected today. No comms at all about this! And to top that the other 2 items are on hold as it appears they are waiting for the out of stock item.

:-(

Always had good experiences with Cellbikes and torpedo7 though!

rifraf

Postby rifraf » Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:51 pm

fatdudeonabike wrote:Why is my Wiggle order taking so long! I don't mean "long" - I didn't really expect to have it by now anyway. But I made my order before many of you who have received them!

I live in Canberra, not in bloody Strahan (Tasmania)
The hold up is likely to be at customs.
Dont forget we had a long weekend recently and they will still be playing catchup.
I had some stuff arrive yesterday after paying on the 25th of last month which was double the amount of time from my previous order and a smaller box.
It'll come, stop watching the letter box and pretend you dont care anymore and the deities will stop messing with your head and allow it to reach you. :wink:
What have you got coming? I finally got my cleats for my new shoes so I can finally use them to go on a ride. I forgot to grab them when ordering the shoes. :roll:
Surly Ogre, Extrawheel trailer.

fatdudeonabike

Postby fatdudeonabike » Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:59 pm

Yes, a watched pot never boils and all that... I haven't actually been watching the letter box that much. It was just that after reading people on here getting their orders when they ordered them after me, I was expecting it to be on my desk when I got to work this morning (after taking yesterday off for the Superbowl).

It's not terribly exciting, it's just a couple of books and a pair of swimming goggles.

I'm a fair way off cleats and shoes - I still need the pannier and bag for commuting, and I'm still keen as hell for a Garmin 910xt... hopefully as soon as this weekend when I go to Sydney.

Crittski

Postby Crittski » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:12 pm

Ordered a new fox fork from c r c, uk last monday, and it turned up on my doorstep on thursday, not even three days later!
Santa Cruz Blur TRc XTR
Volagi Liscio Ultegra

jaseyjase

Postby jaseyjase » Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:17 pm

Shiny Bikes - 2013 Campy Veloce Grouppo

Ordered and Paid - 21/1
Dispatched - 24/1
Arrived - 5/2

Not bad, packing couldve been better. But would buy again from them.

Crittski

Postby Crittski » Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:36 pm

ordered Thule Euroclassic G6 Bike carrier 5/2/13 at 1300hrs from Thule Botany Store in Sydney. It arrived before 1100hrs 6/2/13. Less than 24 hours from Sydney to Brisbane by Couriers Please. Free delivery too, very impressed by this outfit again.
Santa Cruz Blur TRc XTR
Volagi Liscio Ultegra

bardygrub

Postby bardygrub » Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:48 pm

A tad off the subjest but... is everyone that purchases off wiggle using the .com.au site?

Summernight

Postby Summernight » Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:13 pm

bardygrub wrote:A tad off the subjest but... is everyone that purchases off wiggle using the .com.au site?
I do, why?

bardygrub

Postby bardygrub » Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:22 pm

Summernight wrote:
bardygrub wrote:A tad off the subjest but... is everyone that purchases off wiggle using the .com.au site?
I do, why?
i just logged on to wiggle and it asked my did i want to go to the aus site, that's all. placed an order 3 weeks ago and it didnt ask me then. all good.

YouAgainstMe

Postby YouAgainstMe » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:20 am

Wiggle again! Ordered floor pump along with other odds and ends so massive box on the 3rd and no priority checkout so I expected it to take a little longer. Arrived today!

warren.suen

Postby warren.suen » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:22 am

It looks like wiggle send everything to Sunshine in bulk and from there to us.. very clever way of doing business if they have enough orders to justify it.

Saves them money and makes their deliveries quicker

YouAgainstMe

Postby YouAgainstMe » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:36 am

warren.suen wrote:It looks like wiggle send everything to Sunshine in bulk and from there to us.. very clever way of doing business if they have enough orders to justify it.

Saves them money and makes their deliveries quicker
My order def came from the UK, just checked the postage and it came DHL worldwide. I have had smaller orders from the Sunshine Wiggle via Auspost take longer, go figure! :lol:

sil3nt

Postby sil3nt » Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:25 pm

/cry

Story so far :

Ordered a set of Shimano RS80 C50's on the 14th of Jan and the first ones were lost by AusPost ie the tracker has not been updated and I contacted Cycling Express who subsequently launched an investigation and lead to another set of the same wheels being send on the 31st Jan.

I just called Australia post again as its now 7 day's since the second set of wheels left CE, the guy there said If I don't see any info on the tracker by tomorrow lunchtime that I again should call the "Supplier" -CE and get them to launch another investigation into finding them.

At this stage I am not sure who to get angry at its almost a month since I ordered these wheels and its really starting to make me angry not to mention that I have not exactly received the most attentive customer service during the whole process. Fingers crossed I see something tomorrow :/

****EDIT***

Woo they turned up this morning... now to get out of work early to get to the post office before they close :)
Last edited by sil3nt on Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rides : Merida Reacto 907E & The SS Larry

InTheWoods

Postby InTheWoods » Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:56 pm

Wiggle. Ordered late at night on Friday 1st, so effectively it was kind of like ordering on Monday. Turned up today :D

jaseyjase

Postby jaseyjase » Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:39 pm

CellBikes - 5 x c02 cannisters and some SRAM outer cable frame protectors. Probably shouldve ordered more things to make up for the $10 postage

ordered - 2/2
confirmation - 4/2
arrived - 8/2

just in time for the weekend :D

MarkG

Postby MarkG » Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:47 pm

Ordered Edge 510 from BikeBug approx 1 week back, well pre-order as it wasn't in stock yet.
They arrived in stock yesterday and they were dispatched straight away, free, express post.
Great service and communication.
Proudly "a hater of academics with helmet cams"

boss

Postby boss » Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:02 pm

jaseyjase wrote:CellBikes - 5 x c02 cannisters and some SRAM outer cable frame protectors. Probably shouldve ordered more things to make up for the $10 postage

ordered - 2/2
confirmation - 4/2
arrived - 8/2

just in time for the weekend :D
The cable protectors sure do shut up cables on a carbon frame eh!

gettingfit

Postby gettingfit » Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:37 pm

Also recently bought a jersey, pump, tyre levers and camelbak water bottles off Cell, arrived in 2 days, was well priced and great items.

Bought some tubes off an ebay seller, something like 'the-pedal-pusher' - got great advice and then the products got here next day.

Purchased some products off a few sellers on this forum however, one of which I was not terribly impressed with, but it was not a lot of money. Ho hum, live and learn!

scirocco

Postby scirocco » Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:00 pm

Another c r c order (under $100). Regular shipping. 9 days from order to receipt in WA.

jaseyjase

Postby jaseyjase » Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:15 pm

Ribble Cycles - wheels, tubes, tyres, light, stem, socks. About $400 worth

5/2 - ordered and paid
8/2 - dispatched
11/2 - arrived

Happy with that, on top of the fact they have the best prices if in stock, and another 10% off on parts...woot

HAKS

Postby HAKS » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:42 pm

Another pleasant Wiggle experience - Knicks, cleats, GU

Ordered: Wed 6th Late evening (AEST)
Dispatched: Thur 7th AM (AEST)
Arrived (Canberra): Mon 11th Evening.

Still got a c r c order put in at the same time but dispatched 1 day later en-route.
Current Ride: Trek Madone 6.5 (2013)