Some eBay Rapha hate

alex

Re: Some eBay Rapha hate

Postby alex » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:51 pm

here it is if you were wondering

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Rapha-Espres ... =RTM742988" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

here is what rapha actually say about their espresso cups on their own website

"The cups have an ergonomic handle, making them extremely comfortable to hold, and a lip shaped for the best possible ‘mouth feel’. A thick base helps retain heat. The cups are durable enough to withstand everyday use yet refined enough to be decorative pieces in your kitchen."

mouth feel!
if i get killed while out on my bike i dont want a 'memorial ride' by random punters i have never met.

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:22 am

On the self conscious comment, my reasoning is the the seller purchased the pink shirt themself and subsequently did a double-take. Hard to think that the reverse psychology tactic will make him easily sell it.. It is more of a statement - but also possibly just poking fun.
Cycling is in my BNA

trailgumby

Postby trailgumby » Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:13 pm

Ha! :lol: :lol: The seller has now added a link back to this thread in his listing 8)

Nobody

Postby Nobody » Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:35 pm

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/170981245766" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
the angry mamils are defending their brand... their lifestyle... their culture. the HATE towards the fake history of rapha is simply not acceptable.
Obviously a reader here, or has been tipped off by one. Angry mamils might be an accurate description for most on here (at least from time to time) but I doubt many really care about a pink shirt or anything he/she has to say.
Last edited by Nobody on Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ausrandoman

Postby ausrandoman » Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:31 pm

I don't have a problem with Rapha products, I have a problem with Rapha advertising. If the product is any good (and I think it is good quality), why promote it with manipulative, mendacious and meretricious advertising? Are they trying to sell Rolex watches?

im_no_pro
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby im_no_pro » Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:07 pm

Probably someone who learned from the 'Wicked sick project' listing a few years back and tried to emulate it. Clever idea actually, particularly given the guys behind the BMX listing proved it worked.
master6 wrote: Moderators are like Club Handicappers; I often think they are wrong, but I dont want the job.

il padrone

Postby il padrone » Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:38 pm

ausrandoman wrote:I don't have a problem with Rapha products, I have a problem with Rapha advertising. If the product is any good (and I think it is good quality), why promote it with manipulative, mendacious and meretricious advertising? Are they trying to sell Rolex watches?
Using jargon like that you must work in marketing :wink: :P

Have you not noticed the marketing and jargon of virtually any other brand?? Slot in any other cycling brand and the statement will still fit. I really don't see why building an image around a brand is OK, really fine, for Campagnolo or Trek, but "manipulative, mendacious and meretricious" when it's Rapha :?
Mandatory helmet law?
"An unjustified and unethical imposition on a healthy activity."

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Mulger bill » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:20 pm

All advertising fits those three Ms.

The sad thing is so many people fall for the whole "you are and always be one on the outer until you buy our whatever, now with extra peer group cred!!!"
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011

Nobody

Postby Nobody » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:27 pm

I'm therefore glad I like staying on the outer. Doesn't work on me as much.

kb

Postby kb » Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:03 pm

There's Nobody it doesn't work on?

Dr_Mutley

Postby Dr_Mutley » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:41 pm

Nobody wrote:http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/170981245766
the angry mamils are defending their brand... their lifestyle... their culture. the HATE towards the fake history of rapha is simply not acceptable.
Obviously a reader here, or has been tipped off by one. Angry mamils might be an accurate description for most on here (at least from time to time) but I doubt many really care about a pink shirt or anything he/she has to say.
U might want to see Alex's post above if your looking for someone to give a hug to!

sogood

Postby sogood » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:45 pm

That's it! There's a clear interest in Rapha products and I propose there be a "Rapha Lovers" sub-forum here. I have a yet un-unused leg warmers, may I be a member? Traffic is guaranteed with 1/4 lovers while haters will make up the other 3/4. :mrgreen:
Bianchi, Ridley, Tern, Montague and All things Apple :)
RK wrote:And that is Wikipedia - I can write my own definition.

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:52 am

I think everyone is forgetting that it is not a journey. Every journey ends.... we go on.

If you don't believe me, watch!

(And if you like that, you will love this)

Cycling is in my BNA