Another experiment in doping....

jimh

Another experiment in doping....

Postby jimh » Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:36 am

greyhoundtom

Re: Another experiment in doping....

Postby greyhoundtom » Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:27 am

Performance enhancing illegal drugs or not.............in another couple of months I will be 69 and I can assure you that once you get past 60, unless you have been extremely careful in the selection of your parents its all down hill from there, and the hill gets steeper with every passing year.

If I could only afford it would I use HGH, Testosterone and peptides, or even throw EPO into the mix so I could feel and perform like I was 50 or 60 again?..........you better believe it..........and anyone that pinged me on it would get the finger.

find_bruce

Postby find_bruce » Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:18 am

greyhoundtom wrote:Performance enhancing illegal drugs or not.............in another couple of months I will be 69 and I can assure you that once you get past 60, unless you have been extremely careful in the selection of your parents its all down hill from there, and the hill gets steeper with every passing year.

If I could only afford it would I use HGH, Testosterone and peptides, or even throw EPO into the mix so I could feel and perform like I was 50 or 60 again?..........you better believe it..........and anyone that pinged me on it would get the finger.
From an ethical perspective, if drugs help an aging person continue to be able to continue leading an active lifestyle, then I personally have no problem with a choice to use the drug.

On the other hand if the reason a person was using drugs was to improve their performance in competition, then it is IMO cheating regardless of whether that is at an elite level or not.
Anything you can do, I can do slower

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:56 am

If and it is a very big there was no chance of the said persons competing in sport and gaining an edge, then yeah but it is a real can of worms to try and enforce. :?

May be there should be a register of all persons when issued a prescription by the Drs and then this could be cross referenced by sporting bodies. :idea: Still open to abuse though. :x

Foo
I don't suffer fools easily and so long as you have done your best,you should have no regrets.
Goal 6000km

danny the boy

Postby danny the boy » Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:40 pm

Geez I'm disappointed this article doesnt have a comment section.

Dear "James" you tosser, I bet you're the exact type of Beach Rd cyclist that gives everybody else a bad name. My bike cost less than $3 grand and 70k ride along there I can do in just over 2hr's. I dont even use multi-vitamins let alone spending over $200 a week on injections you flog. The next time a journo ask you a question instead of a being a hero just say no comment.

zero

Postby zero » Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:54 pm

eh, he is the same height as me, weighs 5kg less than me (which make him many things but not imposing) and I would expect to drop him whilst riding on a mountain bike ?

He is also only a few years older than me, its not I'm a 20yo or anything ?

Can't figure this story out other than illustrating stupidity ?
Or its a fake story and the rider doesn't exist...

gabrielle260

Postby gabrielle260 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:28 pm

Well, we must all be PLU's because I agree with all of you!
Apparently HGH also improves your eyesight... As I squint to see the type on my iPhone I can see why us oldies might take it- if only I could afford it!
But yes, this guy in the paper sounds like a right tosser!
Andrew

bigfriendlyvegan

Postby bigfriendlyvegan » Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:42 pm

zero wrote:eh, he is the same height as me, weighs 5kg less than me (which make him many things but not imposing) and I would expect to drop him whilst riding on a mountain bike ?

He is also only a few years older than me, its not I'm a 20yo or anything ?

Can't figure this story out other than illustrating stupidity ?
Or its a fake story and the rider doesn't exist...
I think they're trying to make a point like: glasses, hearing aids, hip replacement...hgh? Why not, if it's there to address a deficit?

Ross

Postby Ross » Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:26 pm

danny the boy wrote:Geez I'm disappointed this article doesnt have a comment section.

Dear "James" you tosser, I bet you're the exact type of Beach Rd cyclist that gives everybody else a bad name. My bike cost less than $3 grand and 70k ride along there I can do in just over 2hr's. I dont even use multi-vitamins let alone spending over $200 a week on injections you flog. The next time a journo ask you a question instead of a being a hero just say no comment.

70km in 2 hours, good for you. Did anyone actually ask you how fast you could do that ride in? Looks like you are being a hero. :roll:
If the guy wants to ride a $12K bike and use Myopep then good luck to him, it's none of our business unless it directly impacts on us.
Who knows how the interview really went. The reporter might of asked a heap of questions and received detailed replies that add to the ones in this article and put them in context, but for whatever reason only a couple of lines were used.

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Mulger bill » Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:50 pm

Ross wrote:...it's none of our business unless it directly impacts on us.
Never been called a druggie by some random who you've just told you ride? Hmmm?

This article goes a long way to supporting that mindset.
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011