The Dumb Cyclists and Pedestrians thread...

fatdudeonabike

Re: The Dumb Cyclists and Pedestrians thread...

Postby fatdudeonabike » Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:05 pm

Aushiker wrote:Haven't had silly cyclist in awhile then two in a week. This is number 2.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4TXJVGS150&hd=1[/youtube]
Damn man, I nearly had to change my underwear after watching that on computer.

Did you scream abuse? Poop yourself?

outnabike

Postby outnabike » Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:36 pm

fatdudeonabike wrote:
Aushiker wrote:Haven't had silly cyclist in awhile then two in a week. This is number 2.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4TXJVGS150&hd=1[/youtube]
Damn man, I nearly had to change my underwear after watching that on computer.

Did you scream abuse? Poop yourself?
That is a close call all right and nowhere left to go either, with a fence right there. I reckon you can paint all the lines you like on the road with riders like that. I just don't know how you missed him.
Vivente World Randonneur complete with panniers

ILMB

Postby ILMB » Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:38 pm

Mulger bill wrote:Regarding Andrews last vid:
Does anybody think that road style line marking of paths (ie, solid doubles on blind turns or other areas deemed dangerous to overtake) have made any difference?
NO!!!! :shock:

But wish it did! :D

TigerFilly

Postby TigerFilly » Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:03 am

I think this warrants my first entry in this thread.
Came across a young bloke in sweatshirt and rats-tail, sitting on his too-small bike having a smoke. His bike was smack bang on the centre line of the bike path with his feet splayed out to either side. I guess he couldn't be bothered moving off the path for his cigarette.

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:26 am

Go to be a couple of sides to this story of violent cyclists aggressively intimidating and stalking this innocent motorist:

http://www.news.com.au/travel/news/moto ... 6577414306" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Percrime

Postby Percrime » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:34 am

Yeah.. methinks so

Summernight

Postby Summernight » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:35 am

TigerFilly wrote:I think this warrants my first entry in this thread.
Came across a young bloke in sweatshirt and rats-tail, sitting on his too-small bike having a smoke. His bike was smack bang on the centre line of the bike path with his feet splayed out to either side. I guess he couldn't be bothered moving off the path for his cigarette.
:shock: When you gotta go, you gotta go...

Apparently... (I wouldn't know as I don't smoke)
And don't diss his bike. It is HAWT... Not

I've seen a couple of riders riding these too-small bikes along the roads, having to stand up and pedal the whole time and all I can think is "Ouch, that's got to be killing the legs".

:lol:

Howzat

Postby Howzat » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:36 am

What, another side to this guy's story of being monstered by aggressive cyclists? Unpossible! :roll:

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:41 am

Howzat wrote:What, another side to this guy's story of being monstered by aggressive cyclists? Unpossible! :roll:

He looks like a perfectly friendly driver, in a perfectly subtle and gentle looking car.

hannos

Postby hannos » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:52 am

Maybe the in-car cameras he has now install will show him breaking road rules?

He
had tooted the group of cyclists with his car horn when they crossed into his lane
"I had given them a toot to move them into their proper lane," he said.
Hmmm, methinks Mr Hull needs to brush up on his QLD Road Rules.
2010 BMC SLC01

jules21

Postby jules21 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:53 am

i love how they've convinced him that getting behind the wheel of his phallic magnitudinal compensatory-mobile for a photo-op would be a good idea :D

Summernight

Postby Summernight » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:14 am

hannos wrote:Maybe the in-car cameras he has now install will show him breaking road rules?

He
had tooted the group of cyclists with his car horn when they crossed into his lane
I thought the exact same thing. :roll:

Lukeyboy

Postby Lukeyboy » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:21 am

I find it amusing they published his number plate aswell. Maybe the photograpger is a cyclist? :P

il padrone

Postby il padrone » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:25 am

hannos wrote:Maybe the in-car cameras he has now install will show him breaking road rules?

He
Nah, didn't you know? It's "his lane".

Says it all really :roll:
Mandatory helmet law?
"An unjustified and unethical imposition on a healthy activity."

Howzat

Postby Howzat » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:35 am

Amazing how the manly he-man masculine guys in the roughest toughest 4WDs with the ram-bam bullbars and rooting shooting spotlights turn out to be the first in line to complain about those simply horrible mean scary and strangely threatening "Lycra Boys".

AKO

Postby AKO » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:46 am

That's generally what happens on the group rides I go on. We go looking for the largest, most dangerous looking vehicles and intimidate the drivers :roll: . What a tossa.
Had a wally on his green P's in a green dual cab hilux jump on his horn while passing me the day before yesterday. He and his dweeb mate thought it quite humorous until they realised they had to stop for a red light 30 metres up the road. Both refused to make eye contact even with me politely asking if there was a problem :twisted: .
Giant TCR Advanced 1 (2014)
Malvern Star XCS 5.0 MTB (2012)
Malvern Star Path Racer 1 (2015)
ProLite Cuneo

WyvernRH

Postby WyvernRH » Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:45 pm

Lukeyboy wrote:I find it amusing they published his number plate aswell. Maybe the photograpger is a cyclist? :P
Typical Courier screw-up! I loved this comment tho, just about summed up the ignorance of road rules in a lot of the other comments.
<quote>
Dani Morena of Adelaide Posted at 12:18 PM Today
While we're on the topic of cyclists, when I was a girl we were taught to always cycle facing the oncoming traffic. It makes sense for a cyclist to see the cars coming to take any necessary defensive action, so what happened? When did it become Law that cyclists travel, blindly and dangerously, with the traffic?
<end>
Cheers
Richard

bychosis

Postby bychosis » Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:48 pm

WyvernRH wrote:
Lukeyboy wrote:I find it amusing they published his number plate aswell. Maybe the photograpger is a cyclist? :P
Typical Courier screw-up! I loved this comment tho, just about summed up the ignorance of road rules in a lot of the other comments.
<quote>
Dani Morena of Adelaide Posted at 12:18 PM Today
While we're on the topic of cyclists, when I was a girl we were taught to always cycle facing the oncoming traffic. It makes sense for a cyclist to see the cars coming to take any necessary defensive action, so what happened? When did it become Law that cyclists travel, blindly and dangerously, with the traffic?
<end>
Cheers
Richard
And here is one idea that highlights there are big differences in the way people view cyclists. Some see them as cruising along the footpaths and when on the road don't go fast enough to flow with traffic, others keep a reasonable pace with traffic and would find it more dangerous to travel against.
bychosis (bahy-koh-sis): A mental disorder of delusions indicating impaired contact with a reality of no bicycles.

Ozkaban

Postby Ozkaban » Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:54 pm

:mrgreen:

Surely others with an ounce of wit can trump this comfortably?

http://memegenerator.net/Mervin-Hull" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Wakatuki

Postby Wakatuki » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:04 pm

muzfox

Postby muzfox » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:06 pm

I don't post here this often, but this one got to me a bit...

I cycle, not in bunch rides or anything, I do it for fitness on the road and on bike paths.

I also own, love and drive a Nissan Patrol GU just like this guy. I'm a member of a 4wd club and myself and my family love going bush and enjoy getting to places normal vehicles can't.

Some of the comments made here about drivers of 4wds are just plain offensive. Your right to your opinion, I don't begrudge you that at all..but a lot of 4wd owners also cycle, run, kayak, lots of other activities. To just lump us into some group of idiots who don't belong on the road makes you part of the problem.

My take on that article is the riders were moving into his lane, already taking up one lane. If that happened to me, I would toot as well, whether driving my 4wd, or my wifes camry. I always give respect to cyclists on the road, I'm one of them, but occasionally you come across those that don't follow the rules, or give the same respect that they expect and in those cases, my safety comes before yours, so I'll let you know your doing something wrong.

I just think some of the comments posted here don't put cyclists in a great light.

If I had a group of people turn up at my work and start abusing me from across the road, I'd feel very theatened, whether they were cyclists, truck drivers, or surfers...and that was one of the big points here. If I was cycling and a motorist did something dangerous to me, I'd report it, not turn up at their front door and hurl abuse.

My thoughts anyway.

jules21

Postby jules21 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:10 pm

jules21

Postby jules21 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:14 pm

muzfox wrote:My take on that article is the riders were moving into his lane, already taking up one lane.
you might want to rethink that.
A WITNESS to the fiery encounter on Thursday between a driver and cyclists in West End has laid the blame squarely on the horn-happy motorist.

Greg Robson, who was riding on his own 75m behind the group of 20 cyclists, claims West End business owner Mervyn Hull's four-wheel-drive vehicle passed within millimetres of a rider's handlebars.

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:17 pm

jules21 wrote:
muzfox wrote:My take on that article is the riders were moving into his lane, already taking up one lane.
you might want to rethink that.
A WITNESS to the fiery encounter on Thursday between a driver and cyclists in West End has laid the blame squarely on the horn-happy motorist.

Greg Robson, who was riding on his own 75m behind the group of 20 cyclists, claims West End business owner Mervyn Hull's four-wheel-drive vehicle passed within millimetres of a rider's handlebars.
was waiting for a witness to come forward. now, will the QPS charge this driver. yeah right

il padrone

Postby il padrone » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:26 pm

Mr Hull said he has now installed in-car cameras.
That sounds like a really great idea ;)
Mandatory helmet law?
"An unjustified and unethical imposition on a healthy activity."