Video Camera who uses one?

Summernight

Re: Video Camera who uses one?

Postby Summernight » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:51 pm

Aushiker wrote:Taken the plunge and placed an order this morning with Highly Tuned Athletes for the GoPro Hero 3 Black Edition and the GoPro HERO3 Battery BacPac. All up $464.00 delivered with local warranty. Cannot complain about that.

Now to get a new 32 GB class 10 card and k-Edge GoPro Go Big handlebar mount.

Regards
Andrew
$464? How'd you manage that price? The Black listed by itself is $479?

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:43 pm

Summernight wrote:$464? How'd you manage that price? The Black listed by itself is $479?
Special customer :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Just kidding, it was a special deal for those of us subscribed to their email. Limited to the first 25 customers who took up the offer.

Andrew

Summernight

Postby Summernight » Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:50 pm

Aushiker wrote:
Summernight wrote:$464? How'd you manage that price? The Black listed by itself is $479?
Special customer :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Just kidding, it was a special deal for those of us subscribed to their email. Limited to the first 25 customers who took up the offer.

Andrew
Noice!!!

Congratulations on being one of the 25. That's a great price for it and the battery bacpac. I hope yours is freeze-free. :)

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:39 pm

Summernight wrote:I hope yours is freeze-free. :)
So do I! Just going through he Garmin Edge 800 cannot acquire satellites issue again so really don't want more technology problems.

Andrew

KonaCommuter

Postby KonaCommuter » Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:08 pm

Aushiker wrote:Taken the plunge and placed an order this morning with Highly Tuned Athletes for the GoPro Hero 3 Black Edition and the GoPro HERO3 Battery BacPac. All up $464.00 delivered with local warranty. Cannot complain about that.

Now to get a new 32 GB class 10 card and k-Edge GoPro Go Big handlebar mount.

Regards
Andrew

Ha

I got one as well, although I added the handlebar mount and 64 GB class 10 card. Sucked in by the low price but add a few "extras" and I'm $582 poorer

I'm hoping to get my CCR scalps in slo-mo complete with the look of anguish on the face of my opponents :lol:
2012 Oppy A4

Lukeyboy

Postby Lukeyboy » Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:15 pm

KonaCommuter wrote: I'm hoping to get my CCR scalps in slo-mo complete with the look of anguish on the face of my opponents :lol:
Pitty you can't do that on the 4K res though. Slow mo with a mega resolution :twisted: :twisted:

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:05 pm

KonaCommuter wrote:
Aushiker wrote: I got one as well, although I added the handlebar mount and 64 GB class 10 card. Sucked in by the low price but add a few "extras" and I'm $582 poorer
make sure you tether that camera for when your mount breaks ... it will sure to happen as you go for a scalp :)

I got the Scandisk 32GB card from CrazySales for about $20.00 less. Every penny saved helps :)

Andrew

Riggsbie

Postby Riggsbie » Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:31 pm

Hi All,

I found a new 'feature' with my GoPro3 yesterday/today.....wondered if anyone else has or if there's a work around....

Used it yesterday on my velomobile at Lake Wendouree, it was recording fine, little red flashing light, beeps and everything.....file number increasing etc....

When I got home I plugged it into my PC (win xp) via the USB cable to retrieve the mp4 files and got a message "SD card not formatted".....

I tired the SD in an adaptor in the SD card reader in my work PC (win xp) and it did not work either.....

Just about to give up, I tried in a work colleagues SD card reader (win 7) and it worked fine ???

Anyone else experienced this undocumented feature ?

Thanks

Paul

Summernight

Postby Summernight » Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:07 pm

Riggsbie wrote:Hi All,

I found a new 'feature' with my GoPro3 yesterday/today....
Hehe. 'Feature'. I was looking forward to hearing that your GoPro levitates or something. :lol:

I didn't have that issue - I'm assuming you installed the latest firmware?

Riggsbie

Postby Riggsbie » Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:38 pm

Now levitation would be neat ;-)

I did a firmware update when I first got my GoPro3, have there been any new updates recently ?

Whenever I use the CinePro utility and check for updates it does not work.......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

eldavo

Postby eldavo » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:49 pm

Anyone current on the latest/greatest 808 versions?
I'm reading back posts a few of preferred suppliers and articles trying to square up on the variables to matrix compare a current short list.

I'm certain I don't want to put $400+ for one or two of the new GoFails just yet despite my appreciation for a quality purpose built platform. Reminds me of an iPod shuffle release several years ago for Xmas when issues are known but you can't miss the Xmas sales, take the cash and deal with the warranty issues later. Gifting and time lapse over holiday season avoids lots of DOA returns and refunds so you hold buyers committed in after sales loop.
The Contour+2 looked nice for GPS integration feature, but price still up there and minor specs not greatest, probably stick with smartphone tracking/logging with date/timestamps for reference if required with velcro pair of 808 good enough start to show off my recent dog attack victim incidents.

Baalzamon

Postby Baalzamon » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:10 pm

With the latest in gopro 3 issues, got me thinking about still getting a 2nd gopro 2 with wifi bakpac again
Masi Speciale CX 2008 - Brooks B17 special saddle, Garmin Edge 810

Pushy

Postby Pushy » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:50 pm

eldavo wrote:Anyone current on the latest/greatest 808 versions?
I'm reading back posts a few of preferred suppliers and articles trying to square up on the variables to matrix compare a current short list.
Yes, bear in mind that they are not rain/waterproof and limited battery time, so factor in a battery pack.
Les
06' Giant TCR C1
08' Colnago CLX
07' Apollo Swift

VW Jetta Diesel 5.5l/100km

Summernight

Postby Summernight » Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:16 pm

A little off topic but I thought that while my GoPro Hero 3 Black was out of commission flying back to its maker under warranty that I'd post a little clip of my trial using the chest mount while jumping my horse over a couple of jumps.

Please be aware that this clip may give you seasickness... :roll: And no, stabilising it using Youtube's stabiliser wouldn't make it better. :lol:

eldavo

Postby eldavo » Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:35 pm

Pushy wrote:Yes, bear in mind that they are not rain/waterproof and limited battery time, so factor in a battery pack.
cheers, good point about water bumping me back to the brands. I have a Panasonic Lumix FT1 (first gen of their HD shock/waterproof pocketable) and it opens up a new world of convenient photos/video around water. Back to looking at the brand options... be nice to find out when GPH3Black is fixed.

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:59 pm

Well off to a good start with my GoPro .... :wink: Just sent the following off to GoPro support. Anyone have any experiences with the Battery BacPac? Have missed doing something?
Hi

I have a brand new Hero3 Black and a Hero3 Battery BacPac. I have attached the Battery BacPack to the camera as per the manual.

According to the manual the camera should show battery status for both the internal camera and the BacPac. I am not getting two status icons, just one for what I assume is the camera.

Plugging in the USB cable to the BacPac does not result in any indication of charging. There is no animated icon.

I have tried charging the BacPac both connected and disconnected to the camera without any change in status.

I am able to charge the internal battery okay with the animated icon and red light.

Please advise if there is a possible fix for getting the BacPac recognised and charged.
Thanks
Andrew

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:05 pm

Aushiker wrote:Well off to a good start with my GoPro .... :wink: Just sent the following off to GoPro support. Anyone have any experiences with the Battery BacPac? Have missed doing something?
Looks like I found the fix for the charging at least. I needed to initially plug in both batteries together to give it a jump start to to speak. Now charging both batteries :)

Andrew

KonaCommuter

Postby KonaCommuter » Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:44 am

Aushiker wrote:
Aushiker wrote:Well off to a good start with my GoPro .... :wink: Just sent the following off to GoPro support. Anyone have any experiences with the Battery BacPac? Have missed doing something?
Looks like I found the fix for the charging at least. I needed to initially plug in both batteries together to give it a jump start to to speak. Now charging both batteries :)

Andrew

LOL - I had the same issue.
2012 Oppy A4

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:49 pm

KonaCommuter wrote:
Aushiker wrote:

Andrew

On the camera are you getting two battery icons? I am only getting one and the manual suggest there should be two.

Andrew

KonaCommuter

Postby KonaCommuter » Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:43 pm

Aushiker wrote: On the camera are you getting two battery icons? I am only getting one and the manual suggest there should be two.

Andrew
One battery icon. Could the second icon be the one that is on the battery pack?

I'm presuming the number 4H:30 means that (AT) 960 - 100 means that I can record for 4 1/2 hours at 960p & 100 FPS. The time didn't change when I put on the battery pack....... Battery pack is fully charged

I'm still in the early stages of learning the ins and outs of the camera. There's certainly a learning curve, whereas the Contour Roam is simple as.

Early impressions

GoPro 3 Black - more versatile, larger memory capacity (64 gb)
Contour Roam - User friendly, more suited as a helmet cam than the GoPro. Want to start recording? Just slide the slide and you're good to go.

Whilst I'm at it, would it hurt to ship the batteries fully charged? The WiFi remote and camera (sold together in the same pack) already synced?
2012 Oppy A4

Crittski

Postby Crittski » Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:18 pm

GoPro mounts are heaps better than Contour mounts ( I have the VIO POV cam, Contour Roam, Contour GPS, GoPro Black cams). I am having so much fun running the GP Black at 240fps, the slow mo is awesome!!
Santa Cruz Blur TRc XTR
Volagi Liscio Ultegra

Boognoss
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Boognoss » Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:36 pm

Aushiker wrote:
KonaCommuter wrote:
Aushiker wrote:

Andrew

On the camera are you getting two battery icons? I am only getting one and the manual suggest there should be two.

Andrew

The icon on the Hero3 changes with the battery pack.

No BacPac:

With Bacpac:

Are you not seeing that? The first time I charged up my Bacpac it took a while to even look alive or display on its own LCD panel.
Salsa Casseroll, Avanti Quantum, Specialized Tricross, Specialized Allez, Cell SS

eldavo

Postby eldavo » Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:49 pm

KonaCommuter wrote:Whilst I'm at it, would it hurt to ship the batteries fully charged? The WiFi remote and camera (sold together in the same pack) already synced?
Battery tech says something like 80% capacity for LiIon to store with least self discharge.

trailgumby

Postby trailgumby » Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:55 pm

Summernight wrote:A little off topic but I thought that while my GoPro Hero 3 Black was out of commission flying back to its maker under warranty that I'd post a little clip of my trial using the chest mount while jumping my horse over a couple of jumps.

Please be aware that this clip may give you seasickness... :roll: And no, stabilising it using Youtube's stabiliser wouldn't make it better. :lol:

First person view of Gangnam Style :lol:

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:03 pm

KonaCommuter wrote:
Aushiker wrote: On the camera are you getting two battery icons? I am only getting one and the manual suggest there should be two.

Andrew
One battery icon. Could the second icon be the one that is on the battery pack?
With the Hero3 and the Battery BacPac installed there should be two battery status icons showing on the camera. I have now got mine working. Had to do a firmware upgrade manually.

Andrew