Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Re: as a bloke I'm appalled

Postby Mulger bill » Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:48 pm

Venus62 wrote:
Mulger bill wrote:
trailgumby wrote:And what's wrong with that? :lol: :lol:
Plenty, too many bottle blondes out there already.
Some of us are natural blondes. We do exist!

Good to hear. Natural is wonderful :mrgreen:
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011

Baldy

Postby Baldy » Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:02 am

Mulger bill wrote:
trailgumby wrote:And what's wrong with that? :lol: :lol:
Plenty, too many bottle blondes out there already.
Yeah exactly right. How dare these people colour their hair the way they want.

I say people but I assume you are talking about women? They really should know their place.

Is this 1913 or 2013?

Baldy

Postby Baldy » Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:13 am

I don't take responsibility for other peoples actions, male or female. Why would you? And anyone that would hold something against you, because someone of the same sex did something bad to them, has issues that are nothing to do with me.

You know women perve as well? The same kind of person that yells stuff out of a car or at passing riders can be male or female.

Women are just usually more sneaky about it. :wink:

shann

Postby shann » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:04 am

Baldy wrote:I don't take responsibility for other peoples actions, male or female. Why would you? And anyone that would hold something against you, because someone of the same sex did something bad to them, has issues that are nothing to do with me.

You know women perve as well? The same kind of person that yells stuff out of a car or at passing riders can be male or female.

Women are just usually more sneaky about it. :wink:
The weirdest part is that it doesn't really matter what you look like, some guy always has to yell something out of the car window. I'm absolutely not a looker, but I've had guys tail me down the street and then try to cut me off and yell abuse at me when I refuse to stop. Some guys think they're entitled to harass women just because they're in public. Ever thought that we don't give a toss what you think of how we look, because we're here to ride our bikes and not to show off?

Apple

Postby Apple » Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:47 pm

shann wrote:[. Ever thought that we don't give a toss what you think of how we look, because we're here to ride our bikes and not to show off?
Wait, just wait, I have to look good in my lycra, I don't care if my everyday clothes are boring, BUT put me in Lycra and matching helmet,( I have 4) and matching cycle shoes, (I am Imelda Marcos ).
Now if I get abused on the road, it just means driver has no taste in style.
:wink: :mrgreen:
A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.
Speak your mind,Those that mind dont matter, Those that matter dont mind!!

RonK

Postby RonK » Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:57 pm

Apple wrote:Wait, just wait, I have to look good in my lycra, I don't care if my everyday clothes are boring, BUT put me in Lycra and matching helmet,( I have 4) and matching cycle shoes, (I am Imelda Marcos ).
My wife would sneer at you - socks should also be carefully coordinated. :)

You must pay attention to detail. :) :) :)
Cycle touring blog and tour journals: whispering wheels...

newie

Postby newie » Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:23 pm

RonK wrote:
Apple wrote:Wait, just wait, I have to look good in my lycra, I don't care if my everyday clothes are boring, BUT put me in Lycra and matching helmet,( I have 4) and matching cycle shoes, (I am Imelda Marcos ).
My wife would sneer at you - socks should also be carefully coordinated. :)

You must pay attention to detail. :) :) :)
No, no, no!! Socks & shoes coordinate with the bike. Outfit & helmet coordinate with each other, but not the bike. Can 't be too matchy matchy.

Funnily enough, on my weekday commutes I'll wear whatever comes out of the drawer first, but I have to look good on the weekends.

Summernight

Postby Summernight » Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:07 pm

newie wrote:No, no, no!! Socks & shoes coordinate with the bike. Outfit & helmet coordinate with each other, but not the bike. Can 't be too matchy matchy.

Funnily enough, on my weekday commutes I'll wear whatever comes out of the drawer first, but I have to look good on the weekends.
Whoops!! Now I know what I've been doing wrong this whole time. Methinks I need to get a new bike so my outfits DON'T match the bike. :P

newie

Postby newie » Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:58 pm

Summernight wrote:
Whoops!! Now I know what I've been doing wrong this whole time. Methinks I need to get a new bike so my outfits DON'T match the bike. :P
Hee Hee!! Maybe hold off before rushing out to the bike shop. Someone might come on and tell me I am putting cycling ladies into disrepute by clashing with my bike. That said, any excuse for n+1 though...

Apple

Postby Apple » Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:22 pm

RonK wrote:
Apple wrote:You must pay attention to detail. :) :) :)
I don't wear socks, only in winter, I like the nude look 8)
A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.

marinmomma

Postby marinmomma » Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:56 pm

Apple wrote:
RonK wrote:
Apple wrote:You must pay attention to detail. :) :) :)
I don't wear socks, only in winter, I like the nude look 8)
Eew, yuck, gotta wear socks, longer ones to get sock tan lines happening. 8)
Lisa

arkle

Postby arkle » Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:15 pm

I'm single and I like cycling. I'd like to find a girlfriend who likes me and likes cycling. Then we can cycle together.

arkle
http://www.facebook.com/SteveHargreavesArtwork
instagram: @stevehargreavesartwork

Summernight

Postby Summernight » Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:29 pm

arkle wrote:I'm single and I like cycling. I'd like to find a girlfriend who likes me and likes cycling. Then we can cycle together.

arkle
As long as you match her outfit, apparently!!! :P

outnabike

Postby outnabike » Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:11 pm

arkle wrote:I'm single and I like cycling. I'd like to find a girlfriend who likes me and likes cycling. Then we can cycle together.

arkle

Me too, I've got all the right gear, I find women are just too selective.

Vivente World Randonneur complete with panniers

Apple

Postby Apple » Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:17 pm

outnabike wrote:[Me too, I've got all the right gear, I find women are just too selective.

You are HAWt 8) I will send you a PM :wink: just ditch the socks :mrgreen:

arkle

Postby arkle » Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:19 pm

Oi I was being serious.

I see plenty of nice girls out cycling, but they're always going the other way. Fast.

arkle

Apple

Postby Apple » Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:34 pm

arkle wrote:Oi I was being serious.

I see plenty of nice girls out cycling, but they're always going the other way. Fast.

arkle
I just saw your work with the Camera, just take the camera with you next time you ride and take pictures and tell the nice female riders that you will send them the shots.
I think all women love men who take nice pictures of them. :D
Stop by the side of the road, take the photos when they ride past. Try and notice the local coffee shop that they have coffee at and start talking about photography. You know casual not like some psych
:P
oh and make sure your lycra looks good :roll:

arkle

Postby arkle » Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:39 pm

Apple wrote:
arkle wrote:Oi I was being serious.

arkle
I just saw your work with the Camera, just take the camera with you next time you ride and take pictures and tell the nice female riders that you will send them the shots.
I think all women love men who take nice pictures of them. :D
Stop by the side of the road, take the photos when they ride past. Try and notice the local coffee shop that they have coffee at and start talking about photography. You know casual not like some psych
:P
oh and make sure your lycra looks good :roll:
Let me get this right. You want me to stand by the side of the road taking photographs of random female cyclists as they ride past. I can't see that working at all. Everyone is going to think I'm a pervert.

arkle

Apple

Postby Apple » Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:45 pm

arkle wrote: Let me get this right. You want me to stand by the side of the road taking photographs of random female cyclists as they ride past. I can't see that working at all. Everyone is going to think I'm a pervert.

arkle
Not if you are in Lycra and have a bike also next to you. :)

Summernight

Postby Summernight » Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:52 pm

Apple wrote:
arkle wrote: Let me get this right. You want me to stand by the side of the road taking photographs of random female cyclists as they ride past. I can't see that working at all. Everyone is going to think I'm a pervert.

arkle
Not if you are in Lycra and have a bike also next to you. :)
I had a guy ask questions of me as I was waiting at some lights. Because he had his bike and lycra on it was all good. :P Also he explained in the first few seconds that he was a civil engineer for The City of Yarra and wanted to know some answers in relation to fixing up an intersection to be more bike friendly. No camera though. :lol:

Apple

Postby Apple » Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:58 pm

See arkle, even summernight would talk to you, thats because you would be in Lycra. We trust our fellow riders 8)
I think you are just shy,
how old are you any way :?
I am a cougar but I think you would even be to young for me to train up :roll:
But man do you take good shots :mrgreen: You know arkle I wouldnt mind some airbrushing for my facebook shot, how do I do that. Oh sorry off track :mrgreen:

arkle

Postby arkle » Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:10 pm

Apple wrote:See arkle, even summernight would talk to you, thats because you would be in Lycra. We trust our fellow riders 8)
But man do you take good shots :mrgreen: You know arkle I wouldnt mind some airbrushing for my facebook shot, how do I do that. Oh sorry off track :mrgreen:
EVEN summernight eh? I feel blessed. My lycra is my underwear. It's always covered by a singlet and running shorts. Wow who would have thought that photography could be so erotic? Maybe I should dangle some prints off my crossbar. OK where's this fb photo?

arkle

trailgumby

Postby trailgumby » Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:22 pm

Baldy wrote:Yeah exactly right. How dare these people colour their hair the way they want.

I say people but I assume you are talking about women? They really should know their place.

Is this 1913 or 2013?
Like this? (Thanks apple :mrgreen: )

Summernight

Postby Summernight » Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:25 pm

arkle wrote:
Apple wrote:See arkle, even summernight would talk to you, thats because you would be in Lycra. We trust our fellow riders 8)
EVEN summernight eh? I feel blessed. My lycra is my underwear. It's always covered by a singlet and running shorts. Wow who would have thought that photography could be so erotic? Maybe I should dangle some prints off my crossbar. OK where's this fb photo?

arkle
I know. I'm THAT bad. :P
I talk to randoms at the lights. Sometimes they're not even in lycra, just on bikes. Some look at me strangely. :mrgreen:

Baldy

Postby Baldy » Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:02 pm

arkle
A girlfriend who likes you!! You greedy bastard :P