Advice please.

Jonnyp101275

Advice please.

Postby Jonnyp101275 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:49 pm

Does anyone have any advice on this bike as a first carbon bike?
I'm 175cm, 80kg, ride about 120-180 km a week. I can get this for $2300, and will prob upgrade the wheel set. I think its a great looking bike, I rode it for about 20min and loved it.

Introducing an Australian first, Ultegra Di2. The Azzurri Forza Ultegra Di2 Pro is now available. Secure one now to make sure you don't miss out! The first, second, third and fourth shipments sold before they arrived in Australia! (Store promotions/discounts do not apply to Azzurri Forza Di2 bikes).

The Azzurri Forza Ultegra Di2 Pro has a full carbon monocoque frame with a brand-new look for the up-coming season. It combines lightweight, strength, reliability and incredible value with the shifting brilliance and perfection of Shimano's latest electronic group-set, Ultegra Di2

http://assets.bikeexchange.com.au/dbima ... 1202151025" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by Jonnyp101275 on Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BrisVegas

Re: Advice please.

Postby BrisVegas » Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:54 pm

There's a lengthy thread on the Azzuri Di2 bike somewhere, you'll find it with the search facility. My take on it is that they're a decent "generic" carbon frame, at a pretty low price point considering the components. I think there have been plenty of complaints about the quality of service from cyclingexpress, but people take that risk because of the bargain.
2004 Litespeed Tuscany Ti SRAM Force 2x10 & 2021 Bombtrack Hook EXT SRAM Rival 1x11

Jonnyp101275

Postby Jonnyp101275 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:09 pm

Thanks, I'll look that up.
My plan was not to worry so much about the frame as most of my riding is commuting...but mainly the running gear and wheels so in future if I want to upgrade i'll just get a new frame.
I did go into cycling express and they seemed pretty good, took it out for a ride, and they said they would look after me with a better wheel set.
Melb bicycle centre is also doing the ULTRA carbon bike with the same set up.

http://assets.bikeexchange.com.au/dbima ... 1301311454" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

DoogleDave

Postby DoogleDave » Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:12 pm

I know a couple of people who have the Ultra and think it's great - but don't know anyone with the Azzuri (that's not to say they aren't as good).

In the end, if the bike feels great to ride and you like the look of it AND it has the components you're after what more can ask for?
Perhaps take the Ultra for a ride as well and that will either confirm the Azzuri or give you an option to choose from....

Dave
2012 Felt F75 | 105 | ProLite Braccianos | GP4000S

Jonnyp101275

Postby Jonnyp101275 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:52 pm

DoogleDave wrote:I know a couple of people who have the Ultra and think it's great - but don't know anyone with the Azzuri (that's not to say they aren't as good).

In the end, if the bike feels great to ride and you like the look of it AND it has the components you're after what more can ask for?
Perhaps take the Ultra for a ride as well and that will either confirm the Azzuri or give you an option to choose from....

Dave
Thanks Dave....In the end i went with the Azzurri....I'm loving it, looks great, rides great and got it for $2200 in the end.
I haven't read a bad review on it yet!! And with the research I did the carbon used is exactly like a lot of bigger brand name bikes!!