Cruiser/lowrider custom bike clubs in wa??

Jimmyd

Cruiser/lowrider custom bike clubs in wa??

Postby Jimmyd » Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:33 pm

G day I have been searching high n low for a group I can
Socialize and ride with in the perth area
I ride a 20" lowrider and have been lone ranger for many weekends rides
If you know of any clubs or just like to catch up n cruise hit me up

cray-

Re: Cruiser/lowrider custom bike clubs in wa??

Postby cray- » Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:29 pm

Sad to say there is almost no scene for dragsters/lowriders/cruisers in Perth as far as I know.

See my previous response here: http://www.bicycles.net.au/forums/viewt ... 30&t=40666

There seems to be a few rides organised on OzBMX, maybe some of those guys have other style bikes and would be keen to bring out something different, worth a shot. http://www.ozbmx.com.au/index.php?showforum=12

Here is a good thread on Retro Rollers that features some awesome choppers: http://www.retro-rollers.com/t1294f26-H ... ow-WA.html

There are tonnes of cool bikes around but no regular group of people riding or showing. Get on RR and see if you can drum up some interest.

Jimmyd

Postby Jimmyd » Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:42 pm

Yer mate I will do try to get a decent thread going then drop a cruise date n hope for the best !! Thanks for the forums prob would not of found them with out your help

Jimmyd

Postby Jimmyd » Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:13 am

Any one keen to ride this sat I'm taking the train and will b passing by rockinham " Freo " and Perth CBd bout midday if your keen to catch up n join me gonna b a sunny day u can contact me by msging 0424266582

rontherigger

Postby rontherigger » Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:16 am

I have a Custom chopper bicycle and have been wondering also about a cruising club in Perth and went to a bike shop in Adelaide Tce and they told me there is a Cruising Club mainly cruising around the CBD in Perth but I need to follow that one up as I haven't found them on the net.
I took my beast out for a 20km ride the other day and as it weighs about 50kg it was a decent ride especially uphills. I might start finding a better start point with my trailer and making a weekly habit of it. A mate of mine is also into these cruisers, he has a Ghostrider by Electra, and we are trying to arrange a ride soon, as we are just starting out we'll see if it takes off or not, maybe we can spur enough interest out there to start a Social Dragster, Custom, Lowrider, Cruising Bicycle Club of Perth with weekly or fortnightly meets. There would have to be some kind of etiquette involved as to not upset other members or the public but I think it could work once the meets start happening.
Slow and steady wins the race

rod

Postby rod » Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:43 pm

hi guys there is a group of us that ride every friday night from south perth
we usually ride through the city and beyond.
most bikes are electra cruisers, dragsters , electric bikes , old school bmx , swing bikes etc.

get in contact and i will give more details

rod

cray-

Postby cray- » Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:47 pm

Hey Rod,

Is this the same group that used to leave from Hamburger Hill on Friday nights? There was a forum a few years back that where those gus used to hang out but I can;t seem to find a link, it's possibly gone. Do you congregate online anywhere in particular?

rontherigger

Postby rontherigger » Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:03 pm

Hey Rod,
I read in an old forum they leave Fri nights at McDonalds, Sth Perth:
is that still going or has it changed? what time is the meet?

rod

Postby rod » Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:55 pm

hi guys,
we are the same group that used to leave from hamburger hill up till it burnt down, was getting a bit scary up there , surprisingly enough no ones car got broken into.
the last couple of years we have been meeting at the chicken treat car park, next to mcdonalds corner of berwick/canning hwy south perth.
we leave at 8pm friday nights weather permitting . check with me here friday before 6pm and i will confirm its on or not.
we used to chat on dragsterbikes.com a few years ago and also posted for a while on ozbmx.com .
rider numbers usually average 8- 10 guys, we have had over 20+ in the old days.

hope to meet a few guys from here up there , just wait for someone with a bike to appear and we will make you more than welcome.

rod

rontherigger

Postby rontherigger » Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:24 pm

Hi Rod,
still good 4tonights ride?

rod

Postby rod » Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:55 pm

its all good ride is on tonight
hope to see a few guys down there

later

rod

rod

Postby rod » Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:57 pm

unfortunately tonight ride has been moved to a starting point of james street gosnells .
just got a text in with the info.
once every now and then we do have 1 off rides from a different location.

rod

Postby rod » Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:35 pm

hi guys, ride is on for tonight.
leaving 8p from chicken treat carpark south perth.
may see 1 or more of you there.

cray-

Postby cray- » Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:56 pm

Any pics? What kind of turnout are you having this time of year?

I hope to make it down one of these days but we've recently (6 months ago) hatched a youngling so my free time has drastically changed/disappeared.

rod

Postby rod » Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:41 pm

cray- wrote:Any pics? What kind of turnout are you having this time of year?

I hope to make it down one of these days but we've recently (6 months ago) hatched a youngling so my free time has drastically changed/disappeared.
12 of us last ride , it was a simple ride through the city over the narrows , stop at the mend street jetty and back to chicken treat south perth.

dont have any pics

Brightside

Postby Brightside » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:00 pm

Jimmyd wrote:G day I have been searching high n low for a group I can
Socialize and ride with in the perth area
I ride a 20" lowrider and have been lone ranger for many weekends rides
If you know of any clubs or just like to catch up n cruise hit me up
G'day Jimmyd , There is usually a Friday night ride meeting approx 7.45pm -8.00 at McDonalds car park ,cnr Canning hwy and Berwick st in Vic Park. the rides vary from week to week and can be anything between 20 - 30 K's. All are welcome and gender is no barrier.All types of bikes are involved .... Choppers ,cruisers ,dragsters,retroBMX ,fixxies etc... Great fun ,good people and cheeper night out than going to the pub. The more the merrier...
Hope to see you on the next ride...

Jumpin Jezza

Postby Jumpin Jezza » Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:26 am

Hi there all! Ive just registered here to get talking to riders of perth. I have had the bicycle bug for many years and and have a few different styles of regular rides. I have been riding regularly around Perth, Freo and the southern suburbs forever by me self but wouldnt mind sometimes riding with a group. (The missus will only ride for so long before she starts complaining). I have heard of yooz blokes that meet in South Perth on Friday nights. Problem is i work nights so usually only get a good ride in on the weekend. Anyone interested in a weekend ride..... Looking forward to hearing from ya!

Jumpin Jezza

Postby Jumpin Jezza » Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:33 am

Hey there all! I have just registered here to find a group or individual to ride with. I have many different styles of bikes but my regular ride is kinda rat chopper i guess you could say. I work nights at the moment so cant make it down for an 8pm meet at chicken treat but am interested if any meets are on the weekend. I am based in the Kelmscott area at the moment and am interested to hear from anyone keen to ride.

mxmort

Postby mxmort » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:48 pm

Can someone tell me when the next one will be from south perth as gosnells is to far away

Chopper bike

Postby Chopper bike » Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:15 am

Hi there
I'm in Victoria and have found the same thing, I ride a customised mountain bike chopper. Although many people admire my ride ther are not many groups getting together with there unique and customised bikes. So I have just recently created a Facebook page to find other people with the same interests. I am mainly posting photos of custom bicycles at the moment but come and have a look. The more people involved the more info we can share, I hope this was kind helpful
cheers Chopper bike. Fans of Chopper Bicycles

mrmorbid

Postby mrmorbid » Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:45 pm

What is your FB group name Chopper bike, as there is a member in our group (Adelaide Easyriders) who is from Vic. and may be keen to look for others to ride with.

Chopper bike

Postby Chopper bike » Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:18 am

Hi guys my Facebook page is. Fans of Chopper Bicycles
Cheers chopper bike

keith144

Postby keith144 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:45 pm

Hey Guys my mate and i wonna get some lowrider/dragster bikes in perth is there any shops we can go buy some from or do we have to do it off the net if any of you can recommend some shops would be some good help thanks

JumpinJezza

Postby JumpinJezza » Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:12 pm

A few I know of are....Scarborough Beach Bicycles and Ace Cyclery.

tops al

Postby tops al » Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:28 am

ace cyclery is an awesome shop hes got some cool bikes in there and they've got a bunch of parts for lowriders cruisers choppers ect...

is there any clubs in perth for lowriders choppers and other custom bikes? been looking but cant find anything. cheers