Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

fatdudeonabike

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby fatdudeonabike » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:50 pm

The Wiggle order that I was speaking about recently arrived after 10 days - but 4 of those days were on a weekend. Despite people who ordered after me "beating" me, I still reckon that's pretty good!

Has anyone ever used The Bike Store Mortdale online shop?

They look to have some really good prices - they look among the cheaper Australian stores.

sbr511

Postby sbr511 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:36 pm

fatdudeonabike wrote: Has anyone ever used The Bike Store Mortdale online shop?
I bought my 661 helmet, knee guards and elbows from them,
hassle free online transaction and delivery was prompt and not a problem. :)
Avanti Torrent 2
Avanti Cadent 2
KTM 250SXF
Honda CT70
four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul.

Howzat

Postby Howzat » Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:11 pm

+1 for the Bike Store Mortdale. Fast, good selection, free delivery.

jaseyjase

Postby jaseyjase » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:30 pm

another +1 for TBSM, good selection at great prices.

jaseyjase

Postby jaseyjase » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:39 pm

jaseyjase wrote:Ribble Cycles - wheels, tubes, tyres, light, stem, socks. About $400 worth

5/2 - ordered and paid
8/2 - dispatched
11/2 - arrived

Happy with that, on top of the fact they have the best prices if in stock, and another 10% off on parts...woot
Oops, scratch that, was looking at the wrong tracking details! Shouldve been

5/2 - ordered and paid
8/2 - dispatched
13/2 - arrived

Still not bad, and about on par with previous orders from ribble, ie a touch over a week.

nickdos

Postby nickdos » Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:10 pm

Well ProBikeKit are slower than the other UK shops ATM...

ordered: 28/1
dispatched: 1/2
arrived: still waiting!

fatdudeonabike

Postby fatdudeonabike » Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:33 pm

Damn. I'll be shopping with Cell Bikes again!

Ordered: Yesterday (morning)
Arrived: Today (morning)

I wish they'd had everything that I needed to order this week - I think I'll probably have my other order (made Monday night) by Friday... but would've loved for it to also arrive today...

kunalraiker

Postby kunalraiker » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:01 pm

I wrote an e-mail about a lock that went faulty in the morning about 7am, Cell Bikes posted another one before mid-day the same day!
No questions asked

HAKS

Postby HAKS » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:25 pm

Cell are not to bad in my experience, the problem lays with their courier which has been absolutely useless every time I have ordered something.
Current Ride: Trek Madone 6.5 (2013)

K2

Postby K2 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:34 am

More thumbs up for Cell...

Back in September Cell auctioned a variety of items thru ebay and I won a couple of tyres. Paid late at night on the 24th, was advised it had been sent on the afternoon of the 25th [with tracking info], and the package arrived [in Brisbane] on the 26th.

Unfortunately it was missing one of the tyres. Advised them via ebay's messaging system late at night on the 26th. Early morning on the 27th they advised another would be sent [no questions asked], and it arrived on the 28th.

I'll happily use them direct when the need arises.

gettingfit

Postby gettingfit » Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:05 am

fatdudeonabike wrote:I wish they'd had everything that I needed to order this week
I find it a little frustrating that they send out their 'sale' emails every few days, yet half the good stuff they don't have in stock each time I check. I could have ordered 3 times as much if they actually had stock of the really good deals. However, my initial order was great, the products where great (I particularly love my el-cheapo $9.95 jersey, my first ever bike jersey and I nearly look hot in it, other than my belly sticking out ha ha).

outnabike

Postby outnabike » Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:23 am

I ordered some gear,(all through the Aus site), small items of little consequence from dealextreme. Just doing up some kids bikes.after 9 days I got an email saying the stuff is not in stock.The email was backdated 3 days. It says legitimate stores will not do this.

The send sig and the original sales sig are different and a search shows the email is from a different source and not to open it. I got onto the site and cancelled the complete order. All things considered I may have done my $60-00 but time will tell. they have the dollars via pay pall. and do not answer emails apparently. I will wait the requirerd 45 days and claim the loss through my bank. The bank reckon this stuff is pretty common.

They give 5 phone numbers and none are working. I can not recommend this mob at all.

Vivente World Randonneur complete with panniers

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:30 am

outnabike wrote:I ordered some gear,(all through the Aus site)
Dealextreme are currently on "new year holiday". try again in a week. Delivery has been known to take over 2 months (when they have the items)

Summernight

Postby Summernight » Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:42 am

outnabike wrote: I got onto the site and cancelled the complete order. All things considered I may have done my $60-00 but time will tell. they have the dollars via pay pall. and do not answer emails apparently. I will wait the requirerd 45 days and claim the loss through my bank. The bank reckon this stuff is pretty common.
Do you have to wait 45 days? I thought the banks wanted this stuff notified as soon as possible (ie. with credit card chargebacks I thought you had to notify the bank within 30 days otherwise you couldn't get the transfer reversed). And doesn't Paypal want notification quickly too?

Howzat

Postby Howzat » Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:42 am

Make your refund claim on Paypal early. I got ripped off one time, but waited patiently in good faith. Then claimed on Paypal, who said the transaction was over 45 days or ago (or similar) and they would not refund the money as it was too late. That was the last time I used "ScamPal" for an overseas transaction.

outnabike

Postby outnabike » Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:44 am

This is the blurb I was handed off another site.

"Hello from Deal Extreme AU

Postby Simon888 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:57 pm
Hello everyone,

My name is Alex and I am the Deal Extreme representative for Australia, so If you have any questions about Deal Extreme, then don't hesitate to get in touch. I'll try to answer any queries if I can.

Deal Extreme now has a special AU Direct Policy and will be using TOLL delivery service to deliver in stock items to South and Eastern Australian States within 5-7 working days. We have a range or products from LEDs, Alarm Systems, GPS, Flashlights, Car Accessories and electronics, tools, camping gear....etc"

Problem is on the site when ordering , they do not state if the product is out of stock. They take the money first then ask you to wait or cancell.

Summernight

Postby Summernight » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:06 am

outnabike wrote:This is the blurb I was handed off another site.

"Hello from Deal Extreme AU

Postby Simon888 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:57 pm
Hello everyone,

My name is Alex and I am the Deal Extreme representative for Australia, so If you have any questions about Deal Extreme, then don't hesitate to get in touch. I'll try to answer any queries if I can.

Deal Extreme now has a special AU Direct Policy and will be using TOLL delivery service to deliver in stock items to South and Eastern Australian States within 5-7 working days. We have a range or products from LEDs, Alarm Systems, GPS, Flashlights, Car Accessories and electronics, tools, camping gear....etc"

Problem is on the site when ordering , they do not state if the product is out of stock. They take the money first then ask you to wait or cancell.
Cancel and lodge the claim through Paypal ASAP. If DealExchange want your money and the sale they should be getting back to you very quickly as to why things are out of stock and when you can expect them to be in stock. If they aren't then no skin off your nose to get your money back and it's them who have lost the sale and not you who have lost your money.

I don't care if someone is on New Year Holiday - if they are on an extended New Year Holiday they should have an automatic email generated that is sent to me (or stated clearly on their website) that says that they are not in the office until 'x' date and will process orders then.

They are clearly reading emails and are at work if that Alex has posted in that other forum on January 10 2013. Get your refund.

MarkG

Postby MarkG » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:43 am

Purchased my Garmin Edge 510 from BikeBug.
Awesome service and customer care - and David from BB even called me to see if I received my item. What a top guy.
I wish other bike stores would treat their customers like this.
I've found my new bike shop!
The ironic thing is that I'm on the other side of the country, but have no qualms in dealing with them every time.
Proudly "a hater of academics with helmet cams"

Secret Squirrel

Postby Secret Squirrel » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:45 am

BikeBug again matched all the overseas prices,and with fast service. :lol:

outnabike

Postby outnabike » Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:48 pm

Summernight wrote:
outnabike wrote: I got onto the site and cancelled the complete order. All things considered I may have done my $60-00 but time will tell. they have the dollars via pay pall. and do not answer emails apparently. I will wait the requirerd 45 days and claim the loss through my bank. The bank reckon this stuff is pretty common.
Do you have to wait 45 days? I thought the banks wanted this stuff notified as soon as possible (ie. with credit card chargebacks I thought you had to notify the bank within 30 days otherwise you couldn't get the transfer reversed). And doesn't Paypal want notification quickly too?
45 days is the cut off time allowed by papal. They don't help with a thing until after that date due to possible late deliveries or resolutions. I found Pay pal to be completely useless and as hard to get hold of as the errant company that caused the issue.

outnabike

Postby outnabike » Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:01 pm

I did read that Annaconda were having a sale so went and bought a budget helmet, A Limar superlight, and received a 33% discount. I got this info off the forum but can't find the post now. It may have been in another thread.
So this is gonna be my summer helmet and the first legal one I have ever had. Boy it took a lot of finding in the - $ 60-00 bracket to find one that was comfortable though. This one is ok and guaranteed to be made in china, so it is top quality.
I only had it on a short time and I may have to get some sort of a tie down for the quality paper work though as I am getting a battered ear from it.

twizzle

Postby twizzle » Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:25 pm

OMGosh - a t-shirt! What were you thinking?

Sent from my iThingy.
I ride, therefore I am. But don't ride into harm's way.
...real cyclists don't have squeaky chains...

outnabike

Postby outnabike » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:15 am

twizzle wrote:OMGosh - a t-shirt! What were you thinking?

Sent from my iThingy.
I represent that, :D its got terylene in it.

tubby74

Postby tubby74 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:48 pm

great service from pushys. ordered mtb shirts, gloves and shorts during recent sale. I got the sizes wrong on the shorts and gloves , entirely my fault. Returned to them, got a call to say they were out of stock of the exact items I wanted, and they helped pick equivalent and sent it down. very easy todeal with

antipodean

Postby antipodean » Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:56 pm

Set of mtb flat bars ordered from c r c Friday 15th, delivered today Tuesday 19th - wow