With my Synapse around town

SuperCan

With my Synapse around town

Postby SuperCan » Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:35 pm

G'day all

A new member here from Canberra. i recently made a video clip with a few shots and video snips I had. thought this would be a good excuse to say hello and join in.

Hope it works and you like it. :-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWXdNn7byh0

Howzat

Re: With my Synapse around town

Postby Howzat » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:53 am

Cool video, what's the music? With the building tension it just needs a few more clips of Jim's Mowing trailers.

SuperCan

Postby SuperCan » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:47 pm

Howzat wrote:Cool video, what's the music? With the building tension it just needs a few more clips of Jim's Mowing trailers.
The music is by Audiomachine.

Jim Mowing trailers?? Sorry mate didn't get it. :-)

BTW, how do I set up the stats like you show in your sig? Couldn'tfind it on user cp.

Kwaichang

Postby Kwaichang » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:53 pm

Great video SuperCan. Did you shoot it on a GoPro? Also what did you edit it in?
One more question how do you find the Synapse? Happy with the bike? I'm just about to take delivery of mine and can't wait!

SuperCan

Postby SuperCan » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:21 pm

Kwaichang wrote:Great video SuperCan. Did you shoot it on a GoPro? Also what did you edit it in?
One more question how do you find the Synapse? Happy with the bike? I'm just about to take delivery of mine and can't wait!
Hahaha thanks mate! The still shots at the begining were with a DSLR. The video shots were with a Contour HD. I used iMovie to compile the clip. :-)

I find Synapse Carbon a great frame. I have now done 3000 km on my C3. The comfort is really good. I commuted with a Scott CR1 before for 8000 km. although the Scott rolled on hand-built 32-spoke wheels, the comfort with Synapse running on the OEM R1700 and DuraAce 7900 C50 has been noticeably better. And both these wheels are much stiffer than my training wheels on the CR1.

A couple of months ago, I bought a SuperSix 3 and I can attest it's even stiffer than CR1. It's running on my C50s now and the combo communicates all road surface details to my hands and back side! ;-)

I was tossing between Specialized Roubaix and Synapse in 2011. Shortish test rides didn't help as they both had compliant rides and more comfy than my CR1. In the end, I liked the look of Synapse better.

arkle

Postby arkle » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:56 pm

Superb video!

arkle
http://www.facebook.com/SteveHargreavesArtwork
instagram: @stevehargreavesartwork

Howzat

Postby Howzat » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:57 pm

The reference was to the famous Jim's Mowing video from last year, shot in Weston Creek I think

This signature thingys are generated at this site: http://statmonkey.is-a-geek.net/cycling/login/auth" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Create an account, link it to Strava and/or Bike Journal, and it generates little graphics for you to link to. Then in this forum, under the User Control Panel link, under Options, go to Profile, Edit Signature, and paste the graphics link.

KL.

Postby KL. » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:25 am

Howzat wrote:The reference was to the famous Jim's Mowing video from last year, shot in Weston Creek I think
Hi Howzat, that's amazing ... hope they reported this driver to the police. All that driver needed to do was wait 5 to 10 seconds then turn/exit behind them :shock:

Hi SuperCan, excellent video :)

SuperCan

Postby SuperCan » Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:46 am

Howzat wrote:The reference was to the famous Jim's Mowing video from last year, shot in Weston Creek I think

This signature thingys are generated at this site: http://statmonkey.is-a-geek.net/cycling/login/auth" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Create an account, link it to Strava and/or Bike Journal, and it generates little graphics for you to link to. Then in this forum, under the User Control Panel link, under Options, go to Profile, Edit Signature, and paste the graphics link.
Oh I get it now! :-)

Yeah I had seen this clip before. There was a bit of discussion that went on among cyclists at work especially about the usefulness these cameras while riding. It's been a while and I don't seem to recall but I think the driver got away as police said there was no harm done.

Thanks muchly for the trick on signature. Will have a go tonight. :-)

SuperCan

Postby SuperCan » Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:52 am

arkle and KL., thanks guys for your kind words. II'm glad you liked it... :)

Howzat

Postby Howzat » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:48 am

In the end the Jim's Mowing "driver" copped a $300 fine - and a boatload of bad publicity for his business.

Summernight

Postby Summernight » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:10 am

That rider... Wow... His balance and control of his bike were amazing. Props to him. I'd be splatted all over the road.

SuperCan

Postby SuperCan » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:29 pm

Howzat wrote:In the end the Jim's Mowing "driver" copped a $300 fine - and a boatload of bad publicity for his business.
Hmmm... Serves him right.

SuperCan

Postby SuperCan » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:32 pm

Summernight wrote:

That rider... Wow... His balance and control of his bike were amazing. Props to him. I'd be splatted all over the road.
He was also lucky no other traffic was on that lane when he made that evasive move. It could have been worse, but thanks goodness he scaped unharmed.

bradey_boy

Postby bradey_boy » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:17 pm

Flog. How did they not high side it?!