Brisbane to Surfers bike track

banjo

Brisbane to Surfers bike track

Postby banjo » Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:54 pm

Hi, I was hoping someone could help out with details about a bike track that runs between Brisbane and Surfers Paradise. I read about it somewhere and haven't been able to find the details since. Is there an actual off road path or is it on road? Can you ride the motorway? Any help would be appreciated.

MountGower

Postby MountGower » Sat Jun 21, 2008 4:53 pm

G'day Banjo

I wouldn't recomend the highway. There are service roads that are easily followed. They are not great smooth roads but roadies follow them every weekend and make it unscathed. I have done it and they are good enough roads. You can see them on google maps. At Helensvale, you can go over to Sanctuary Cove, Paradise Point and down that way. From my house at Coorparoo to Broardbeach the way I just described is less than 100km.

MountGower

Postby MountGower » Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:15 pm

HERE is a slight variation that goes down Brisbane Rd (GC Highway) instead of Helensvale Rd. I may be able to do this ride, depending on dates and times. Try posting on www.roadgrime.com.au for ride partners when the time comes.

banjo

Postby banjo » Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:54 pm

Thanx for the info & advise MountGower. I'll take a close look and keep roadgrime in mind.