Bicycles Network Australia and Go! Alliance Partnership

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Bicycles Network Australia and Go! Alliance Partnership

Postby AUbicycles » Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:07 pm

Bicycles Network Australia is partnering with Go! Alliance.

Go! Alliance is broadly focussed on efficient transport and provides a framework / network so that valuable ideas and initiatives can gain guidance and support, and help good ideas become a reality. Bicycles Network Australia is not an advocacy group however encourages and advocates cycling and sees the partnerships as positive way to support cycling initiatives that benefit our communities Australia-wide.

Go! Alliance was founded by Omar and Barbara Khalifa, to provide an introduction David Halfpenny has an extensive interview with Omar Khalifa about Go! Alliance.

About Go! Alliance
Go! Alliance facilitates the development of improved transport, travel and mobility solutions by improving access to resources, funding, collaboration and information

Go! Alliance is working to create a broad network of individuals and organizations committed to improving transport, travel and mobility solutions at local, state and federal levels

Go! Alliance is establishing state, national and international links and a board that represents a broad range of expertise and helps build the motivation and capacity for enacting change

Go Alliance! Will seek to normalize and mainstream the use of all transport modes through the promotion of events that normalize and mainstream all transport modes and their use

Cycling is in my BNA

Mike Ayling

Re: Bicycles Network Australia and Go! Alliance Partnership

Postby Mike Ayling » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:19 pm

I found it interesting that Omar said in the interview that his main reason for leaving Bicycle NSW was a difference of opinion with the Board on the direction that that organisation should take.

It has always been my understanding that the former chief executive of Bicycle Network Victoria always had a compliant Board who allowed him to do whatever he thought best!

Mike
Recreational e bikes - for the sick, lame and lazy!

twizzle

Postby twizzle » Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:26 am

This "Go! Fix" app.

I can't find anything to show WHO looks at the reported incidents. What am I missing?
There is no point reporting stuff if my local Govt. isn't seeing the problems.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
I ride, therefore I am. But don't ride into harm's way.
...real cyclists don't have squeaky chains...

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:42 pm

The aim of Go! Fix is to grow the user-base so that the councils take it seriously. Quite simply, a local government does not have to react however will be encouraged to do so and if there are enough reports it shows that the government is not listening to the community and looks bad for the local government.

BNA is supporting so that it can reach this level and become the default for reporting these types of issues.
Cycling is in my BNA

twizzle

Postby twizzle » Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:32 am

Hmmmm.....

Sent from my iThingy...
I ride, therefore I am. But don't ride into harm's way.
...real cyclists don't have squeaky chains...

darkelf921

Postby darkelf921 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:12 pm

I've downloaded this app and tried it out. I am reporting as many issues as I can find and voting on a large number of cycling issues I see.

My ride traverses from one council to another. In the latter council area, I noticed a member of the council for the area, also viewed the app and would report problems in her area. Other than that, I doubt any of them would be looked at by anyone.

I think this app has merit. So I now place the problem in the app and then also report it to council. I would then add a comment in the app the problem has been called in and add the incident number in. I also make sure I tell the council I have reported the problem through this app. Most of the people on the other end don't know what the app is, which doesn't help.
My YouTube http://goo.gl/UlJrkN Channel

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:28 pm

twizzle are you thinking about doughnuts again?

I had a response to one issue which directed me to the responsible authorities - so also a type of solution. I guess a more fledged and integrated solution would be nicer however councils are generally not very responsive and if you have ever dealt with councils then a type of community driven approach that moves the council to open accept and adapt is far more effective that trying to move the councils to adapt.

But this app / service however will let councils tap directly into it. Omar is a better person to speak about this and I can ask him to respond in here to specific or detailed questions.
Cycling is in my BNA

Strawburger

Postby Strawburger » Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:27 pm

Not so sure if this go!fix app is a one minute wonder or whether other users are having better luck?

Have reported loads of stuff and have yet to close one issue :cry:
n=10 (2013 & 2004 roads,2010 track,2x 2009 foldups,1990 hybrid,1992 trainer,2007 rental,1970's step through,1980's zeus)

queequeg

Postby queequeg » Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:59 pm

Nope, go fix has been useless for me. too.
'11 Lynskey Cooper CX, '00 Hillbrick Steel Racing (Total Rebuild '10), '16 Cervelo R5, '18 Mason BokekTi

HappyHumber

Postby HappyHumber » Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:12 pm

Ruh-roh!

Some response is needed to placate the gathering swarms of indignant!
--
Hit me up via the BNA dm; I'll get an alert. If y'know, you know.

darkelf921

Postby darkelf921 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:53 pm

I have reported quite a few issues using this app. Some reports were fixed and able to be closed. One, I was very surprised with. However, I do not know if the councils work directly with the app. I know a competing app connects directly with the Brisbane City Council. I've never had a direct response through this app other than from the app suppliers.

So I would suggest this app is useful but there are definitely some improvements that could be made with it.
My YouTube http://goo.gl/UlJrkN Channel

Strawburger

Postby Strawburger » Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:52 am

Ok thanks for the feedback. By the looks of it, response to the submitted report varies depending on how active the council is with maintenance so I probably should adjust my reporting methods accordingly.
n=10 (2013 & 2004 roads,2010 track,2x 2009 foldups,1990 hybrid,1992 trainer,2007 rental,1970's step through,1980's zeus)

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:06 pm

Yes, I have actually had issues solved / responded to. For some the council responded letting me know it is not their jurisdiction which is fair enough - but the report remainings until the RMS fix it. For some I then followed up with the RMS and the problems have subsequently been solved.

It means that GoFix has been more of a tracker and one for local council issues. Because the app is a spin-off of the US version, I was getting the SeeClixFix emails which have absolutely no reference to GoFix both is regionality and branding (ie. no GoFix branding and issues from the US).

In my area there are a heap of 'junk' reports for fixing playgrounds - all identical and nothing has happened.
Cycling is in my BNA