Holy showtime Batman - Lance to admit doping?

biker jk

Re: Holy showtime Batman - Lance to admit doping?

Postby biker jk » Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:27 pm

ColinOldnCranky wrote:Oops. I just realised. The deadline that Pat MacQuaid of USADA declared for Armstrong to make full disclosure on what and who is today.

I assume that deadline will be missed.

MacQuaid stated that Armstrong had to make that disclosure by today or he would NEVER have the lifetime ban revised. Last chance and all that. (Though never is never quiet never.)
It was actually a USADA imposed deadline and it has been extended for two weeks (to meet a request from Armstrong who could be playing games, who knows).

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:25 am

A nice piece by Gerard Vroomen on why the UCI's biological passport doesn't work which suggests their claim of a new era of clean cycling is hogwash.

To summarise:

"In the end, there are only two possible conclusions:

1. Armstrong’s profile was flagged by the software, a sign the tool may be useful, but the UCI decided not to forward the profile to the expert panel for review.
2. Armstrong’s profile was not flagged by the software, which means the software and therefore the whole protocol is useless."

http://gerard.cc/2013/02/14/uci-vs-ashenden/

trailgumby

Postby trailgumby » Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:14 am

Nes overnight: the Feds have joined Floyds whistleblower case against Lance. Go Floyd :D

ColinOldnCranky

Postby ColinOldnCranky » Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:47 am

To all those who were screaming a while back that the Lance doping story was all about media conspiracy to plaster fault at cycling, note that this news is no longer getting top-listing in google news, nor is it frotn page news. And that the hugely popular footy codes are copping it.

News is cycles of high intensity. Nothing personal at the time. Riding is not that high on the general publics agenda, they just like a lot of intensity over brief moments. Frankly this story should not be bubbling along so quietly so soon.
Unchain yourself-Ride a unicycle

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:53 am

Armstrongs posse argued that US Postal benefitted and while the argument isn't without merit, it was rejected. The flaw in the arguement is that US Postal and other sponsors certainly did profit, though apart from the fact that Armstrong and crew knowingly broke the contract, the sponsors will likely also see a tarnished reputation because of their association and it is difficult to get exact monetry values on that.

In basic terms, consider the number of people who purchased Trek bikes because of Lance and the number who don't or wont buy this brand any longer.

Reminds me, was it 2009 that Armstrong rode the 'artistically enhanced' Trek bikes that were later Auctioned, eg the Damien Hirst butterflies one? Do these now have the same value and can the new owners take action for loss in value. It was for a good cause though very much about the legacy of Armstrong.

Is there any value to Armstrong collectables any more?
Cycling is in my BNA

vander

Postby vander » Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:36 pm

Also the man that claimed he would talk to authorities let his chance to talk to USADA lapse saying they do not have global authority despite the fact that WADA came out and said anything they say to USADA is the same as talking to WADA themselves.

He has orchestrated it to look like he wants to help despite not wanting to and not actually following through.

toolonglegs

Postby toolonglegs » Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:11 pm

trailgumby wrote:Nes overnight: the Feds have joined Floyds whistleblower case against Lance. Go Floyd :D
Floyd also won a TDF while cheating , did every drug under the sun, lied and lied and lied, fleeced the public to fund his legal fund, only owned up to the truth when he hit rock bottom, not long after his father in law had committed suicide ( presume what you want there ) etc etc etc ... sorry if I am not going to cheer on one cheat profiteering from another.
Yes I respect that he has finally come totally clean and that Lance hasn't . But unless this is to pay back every penny he got illegally / by fraud ... then no cheering from me.

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:49 pm

toolonglegs wrote:
trailgumby wrote:Nes overnight: the Feds have joined Floyds whistleblower case against Lance. Go Floyd :D
Floyd also won a TDF while cheating , did every drug under the sun, lied and lied and lied, fleeced the public to fund his legal fund, only owned up to the truth when he hit rock bottom, not long after his father in law had committed suicide ( presume what you want there ) etc etc etc ... sorry if I am not going to cheer on one cheat profiteering from another.
Yes I respect that he has finally come totally clean and that Lance hasn't . But unless this is to pay back every penny he got illegally / by fraud ... then no cheering from me.
I hear you but Floyd is near destitute so hasn't exactly profited from cheating while Armstrong is worth $125 million at least.

Marty Moose

Postby Marty Moose » Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:25 pm

I agree with the above comments sorry of. Will the companies that made millions off their names also pay back their ill gotten gains or do the multi nationals walk away with the $$

Sent from my MB526 using Tapatalk 2

toolonglegs

Postby toolonglegs » Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:40 pm

biker jk wrote:
toolonglegs wrote:
I hear you but Floyd is near destitute so hasn't exactly profited from cheating while Armstrong is worth $125 million at least.
Floyd lost everything fitting trying to prove his innocence :roll: ... plus he never made it back properly after his hip replacement so couldn't carry on his career. If he wins even a tiny bit of what they are estimating in this whistle blowers case he will be far from destitute.
We don't know what LA will lose yet.
Suppose we will see.
Marty Moose wrote:I agree with the above comments sorry of. Will the companies that made millions off their names also pay back their ill gotten gains or do the multi nationals walk away with the $$

Sent from my MB526 using Tapatalk 2
They always do.

find_bruce

Postby find_bruce » Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:26 pm

toolonglegs wrote:Floyd also won a TDF while cheating , did every drug under the sun, lied and lied and lied, fleeced the public to fund his legal fund ... But unless this is to pay back every penny he got illegally / by fraud ... then no cheering from me.
Will be ironic if Landis uses money recovered form Pharmstrong to pay back the people Landis himself defrauded through the "Floyd Fairness Fund"

Sharkey

Postby Sharkey » Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:11 pm

This comment was in MX last week :D