Detachable seat stays

Questions about purchasing bicycles and parts

Detachable seat stays

Postby Mozzar » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:07 am

I would like to know where i could get a detachable seat stay that is about 50cm long. I need one to complete a bicycle my friend has and she would be very grateful. I'm willing to pay via paypal and pay for shipping if it's to far to drive.
Mozzar

by BNA » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:16 pm

BNA

Re: Detachable seat stays

Postby AUbicycles » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:16 pm

You Probably need to provide more info, are you talking about a seat stay that detaches in the middle for, e.g. a belt drive?

Seat stay don't typically detach rather are welded, though some have removable dropouts.
AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Detachable seat stays

Postby il padrone » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:52 pm

Are you talking about bolt-on seat stays that used to be common on the old roadster gents bikes, like this old-style bike has?

Used to much more common type of bike in the 70s, but now they are rarer found. You are probably going to need to get a whole frame - never recall seeing just the seat stays alone. Try your local kerbside hard rubbish for cast off bikes, or second hand dealers. If you are in Melbourne, Bicycle Recycle may have odd frames/bikes.
Riding bikes in traffic - what seems dangerous is usually safe; what seems safe is often more dangerous.
il padrone

Return to Buying a bike / parts