Thread about the nether regions - Possibly NSFC

Forum rules
The information / discussion in the Cycling Health Forum is not qualified medical advice. Please consult your doctor.
JessicaAlba

Thread about the nether regions - Possibly NSFC

Postby JessicaAlba » Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:17 pm

So, I'm gonna be pretty frank here. Any of you under the age of etc...

The past few rides, I've experienced some nasty rubbing of the head of my !!! spammer !!! on the chamois in my bib knicks. This has never happened in 2000+ks (I only started riding 8 moths ago) and it's something of a concern. Particularly when it comes to intimate activity and I get a stinging feeling similar to any graze exposed to moisture. Even normal clothing is irritating and painful...

Any similar experiences here? I am aware of chamois creams and the like, but do they also help with the wedding tackle??
Felt F2/DuraAce/FSA/DA C35s/Gatorskins

2014 Scott Addict Team Issue/DA9000/Syncros RL1.1/Zipp 404/Gatorskins

Summernight

Re: Thread about the nether regions - Possibly NSFC

Postby Summernight » Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:31 pm

Male or female, gender doesn't really matter. Happens to a lot of us I believe.

Is there anything you have changed about the seat position? Are your knicks getting old? I'm sure some one else here can give you more possible causes (I don't have the 'tackle' to deal with so can't comment on different positioning of the jewels) :lol: .

Different saddles may be an idea, although that might be a bit premature and drastic a step in your case as it sounds like everything has been fine up to now.

Painful downunder should not be suffered. There are fixes!

wombatK

Postby wombatK » Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:10 pm

JessicaAlba wrote: Any similar experiences here? I am aware of chamois creams and the like, but do they also help with the wedding tackle??
Have a look at Steve Hoggs Sensitive Issues
and you'll realise your experience isn't uncommon.

The key to fixing it is getting your weight properly supported on the seat.

Could it be that after 8 months of cycling, you've lost some weight from your backside and hence changed
how your weight is distributed or supported on your seat ? If so, revisit your seat fit.
WombatK

Somebody has to do something, and it's just incredibly pathetic that it has to be us -Jerry Garcia

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Mulger bill » Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:30 pm

Summernight wrote:There are fixes!
:shock: I don't know if I'd go that drastic to solve a bit of junk pain...
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011

MarkG

Postby MarkG » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:20 am

Hahah!
I was fixed the day I got married!
Proudly "a hater of academics with helmet cams"

matagi

Postby matagi » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:09 am

What sort of saddle are you using? I had similar issues with a "women's" gel saddle. It was fine when I first began riding, but problems arose as I gained fitness and increased my riding distance. I ended up on a "male" saddle, problem solved.

I had one pair of knicks where the chamois was sewn on in such a way that I thought my labia were being sawn off! :shock:

So saddle and knicks are worth checking out as possible culprits.

Summernight

Postby Summernight » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:45 am

Mulger bill wrote:
If you're not dedicated enough to do what is necessary...

:lol:

I'll admit that I was confused about the OP's gender at first (having that famous actress as his username) and was about to wax eloquently about switching saddles to my favourite ladies saddle as a no brainer.

But with references to 'wedding tackle' and the head of the 'spammer' I came to the conclusion that the OP was more likely to be of the male persuasion (I would not refer to my womanly parts as 'wedding tackle' and not sure any female of my acquaintance would do so either) and so I defer to the more knowledgeable among us. :D

JessicaAlba

Postby JessicaAlba » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:11 pm

Summernight wrote:
Mulger bill wrote:
If you're not dedicated enough to do what is necessary...

:lol:

I'll admit that I was confused about the OP's gender at first (having that famous actress as his username) and was about to wax eloquently about switching saddles to my favourite ladies saddle as a no brainer.

But with references to 'wedding tackle' and the head of the 'spammer' I came to the conclusion that the OP was more likely to be of the male persuasion (I would not refer to my womanly parts as 'wedding tackle' and not sure any female of my acquaintance would do so either) and so I defer to the more knowledgeable among us. :D
Lol. Yes, my usual pseudonyms were allegedly accounted for when I signed up. So I went with the next first thing on my mind...

Thanks for responses all. I'm thinking there may be some weight in the theory that I've lost a little...ummm...weight. I've never been anywhere near overweight, but it is possible that my knicks now fold differently when in riding position. Although they do feel just as tight when standing upright. I've also only had these knicks 6 months and don't wear them all the time, but age may well be a factor...

So, assuming this is a combo of slightly less butt girth and aged chamois, what would you all suggest? Do I wear a condom? Can I use chamois creams on the ol' fella??
Felt F2/DuraAce/FSA/DA C35s/Gatorskins

2014 Scott Addict Team Issue/DA9000/Syncros RL1.1/Zipp 404/Gatorskins

trailgumby

Postby trailgumby » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:35 pm

Change your knicks.

Get several sets, of different brands. That way you aren't putting the chafing load on the same spot each time.

Otherwise, have your soigneur completely smother your chamois with chamois cream a la Eric Zabel in Hell on Wheels.

See here: viewtopic.php?t=60700&p=911987" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;