Best Tubular Tyre?

fixedlegs2012

Best Tubular Tyre?

Postby fixedlegs2012 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:23 am

Whats your reccommendation on singles? I am currenly riding Tufo's. I was looking at the Corsa Evo CS or Conti 4000 - as they are a good wearing tyre.

And the Zipp Tangente for the disc.

Any reccomendations?

BenevolantDictatorD

Re: Best Tubular Tyre?

Postby BenevolantDictatorD » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:35 am

Hi FL - so what's the feedback on Tufo - I was looking to get some Elites. I'm running Conti 4000s. 22mm is a little harsh but the improvement from clinchers is quite amazing.

bomber

Postby bomber » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:39 am

I would also consider the Veloflex tyres as best in class but I'm biased as that's what I ride. I would choose the Arendburg for durability or the criterium 23 for racing.

jacks1071

Postby jacks1071 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:59 am

bomber wrote:I would also consider the Veloflex tyres as best in class but I'm biased as that's what I ride. I would choose the Arendburg for durability or the criterium 23 for racing.
I had my first Veloflex experience last week, we ordered some in for a buddy who'd bought some new wheels.

They are by far the nicest made Tubular I've experienced. The quality is amazing.

I can't comment on how they ride, durability etc at this point in time but I'm really looking foward to wearing my current tubulars out so I can try some for myself.

Our Website is: http://www.kotavelo.com.au" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Find us on Facebook by searching for "Kotavelo"

bomber

Postby bomber » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:23 pm

Durability is not something I associate with Veloflex but the ride more than makes up for that in my opinion. They do cut up easier than Continental but not much easier than Vittoria but I like to think that I don't puncture that often as I like to pay attention to where I'm riding but that can't always be helped.

I can only liken it to having F1 like grip in all conditions where my previous Vittoria's used to get skittish in mixed or wet conditions.

open roader

Postby open roader » Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:15 pm

Best Tubulars Tyre?

For which purpose? What other qualities are you looking for in a tub other than long wearing?
3rd class cycling is always better than 1st class walking

toolonglegs

Postby toolonglegs » Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:04 pm

I'm running veloflex carbons ... The guy that suggested them said the lighter ones were too fragile, but that carbon was a good compromise.

HLC

Postby HLC » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:50 pm

+1 for veloflex.

Supple, grippy and I've had no issues with punctures.

What more could you want.