Video Camera who uses one?

Aushiker

Re: Video Camera who uses one?

Postby Aushiker » Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:04 pm

Boognoss wrote:Are you not seeing that? The first time I charged up my Bacpac it took a while to even look alive or display on its own LCD panel.
Thanks. I am now that I have done a firmware upgrade.

Andrew

Boognoss
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Boognoss » Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:52 pm

Aushiker wrote:
Boognoss wrote:Are you not seeing that? The first time I charged up my Bacpac it took a while to even look alive or display on its own LCD panel.
Thanks. I am now that I have done a firmware upgrade.

Andrew
Good stuff!

Sent from my iSomethingorother using Tapatalk HD
Salsa Casseroll, Avanti Quantum, Specialized Tricross, Specialized Allez, Cell SS

eldavo

Postby eldavo » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:03 pm

Aushiker wrote:Image

... an we now see an updated camera from Drift Innovation. Called the Drift HD Ghost, it’s a feature-laden alternative to the company's existing Drift HD – which is already a pretty nice sports video camera.

Like the HD, the Ghost has a 170-degree lens that can be swiveled independently of the rest of the camera. This allows the camera to be mounted at whatever angle is most convenient, with the shot subsequently being leveled out via a twisting of the lens. Another one of the big selling features of both cameras is their integrated LCD viewfinder/playback screen, although at two inches, the Ghost’s is larger – it’s also fronted with high-impact Gorilla Glass.

More details at Gizmag.

Andrew
Anyone using one of these Drift Ghost yet? I like the 3m waterproof without case.
I was about to go for a Contour Roam2 for the waterproof without case reason, as a video equivalent of my stand alone simplicity of Cygolite Expilion headlight. USB charging, waterproof, stand alone, long battery life, helmet or bar mount. Ordered a black Roam2 in meantime for $229 delivered:
http://www.ozbargain.com.au/tag/contour-roam-2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Wiggle show a 1-2 week lead time but no black listed in stock under those terms.

Also:
KonaCommuter wrote:http://www.kogan.com/au/buy/video-camera-sunglasses/

$40 with free delivery. I'm sorely tempted to get them and put my Contour onto the bike.
Now $29 delivered =D Got a set of these to try for kicks.

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:07 pm

Just landed today on my desk for review with BNA - the ELMO QBiC D1 from Japan.

Not officially available in Australia yet, price still to be determined though is targeted as a waterproof (7m) sports action camera that doesn't need a waterproof case.

Advance details:
- lense 185 degrees (The X1 has 135 degrees)
- 1080p resolution
- GPS 'registration'
- Wifi (app for iphone and android)

European website: http://www.qbiccam.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
If you do see me on the MTB or Road Bike in Sydney, don't just wave - do the Harlem Shake and get famous.

(scuse the quality, it is an iphone photo)

------

On the Drift, there seem to have been a few distributer changes (or change to the company configuration) so a review was originally discussed though susequent followups unsuccessful.
Cycling is in my BNA

Baalzamon

Postby Baalzamon » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:15 pm

I've finally got some decent footage with my UV filter in place heading direct into the sun. Footage to come
Masi Speciale CX 2008 - Brooks B17 special saddle, Garmin Edge 810

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:54 am

eldavo wrote:Anyone using one of these Drift Ghost yet? I like the 3m waterproof without case.
A review has popped up over at MTBR. Might be worth a read.

Andrew

Riggsbie

Postby Riggsbie » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:51 pm

Looks Good !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

outnabike

Postby outnabike » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:28 pm

Not so much to do with cycling but this thing takes a go pro. No more excuses for I didn't see the ped!
Mind you its probably too complex for the average cyclist, I doubt I could handle it. :D
Still it all good fun.

The DJI Phantom Quadcopter with GoPro Mount is a remote controlled, four-propeller quadcopter with a removable GoPro camera mount for capturing POV footage of flight. The compact and lightweight Phantom is ready-to-fly right out of the box and it includes the remote control unit and receiver, which gives the device a transmission range of up to 984.25' (300m). The Phantom also features an intelligent Naza-M + GPS multi-rotor autopilot system, which supports two flight modes and a failsafe function that will automatically trigger the device to land safely when control is lost.

Vivente World Randonneur complete with panniers

Lukeyboy

Postby Lukeyboy » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:34 pm

Rreally liked that... until I got to the bottom.

cp123

Postby cp123 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:17 pm

could i strap that quadcopter on either side of my helmet... :twisted: I'd love it! :lol:

Summernight

Postby Summernight » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:22 pm

If only it had a 'follow' function...

eldavo

Postby eldavo » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:42 pm

Aushiker wrote:
eldavo wrote:Anyone using one of these Drift Ghost yet? I like the 3m waterproof without case.
A review has popped up over at MTBR. Might be worth a read.

Andrew
Thanks, will be looking to the next gen stuff.

Kogan Sunglasses and Contour Roam2 both arrived today, Contour needs software installed that I can't do at work so will try instant on plug and pray (no quick and dirty bar mount either) so will try some celotape for ride home. Roam2 also no AC/DC USB adapter in the compact box, which the $29 sunnies had =P
The O-ring seal of back panel of the Roam2 is like that of my Lumix FT-1, single o-ring type gasket barrier keep it clear when accessing it and should be as waterproof as I need for cycle storms/beach/pool use. If the 720x480 sunnies work OK will consider the 808's again for HD and have enough angles to film American Graffiti style several low HD picture in picture on a full HD post-process =D

trailgumby

Postby trailgumby » Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:43 pm

Mounted my old Hero2 to the seatpost for the first time today.

Watched the footage over lunchtime, jeez it was uncomfortable to watch. :x

bychosis

Postby bychosis » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:21 pm

trailgumby wrote:Mounted my old Hero2 to the seatpost for the first time today.

Watched the footage over lunchtime, jeez it was uncomfortable to watch. :x
Try pointing it out the back rather than up then.
bychosis (bahy-koh-sis): A mental disorder of delusions indicating impaired contact with a reality of no bicycles.

trailgumby

Postby trailgumby » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:52 pm

That was th problem :P seeing the buses coming up on you is a bit nerve wracking

outnabike

Postby outnabike » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:08 am

Its probably not generally understood how handy this little item could be.
With a couple of straps to the bars and one down along the spine to the seat stem, it becomes a helmet, congestion jumper, river crosser and fly remover. :D

Lukeyboy

Postby Lukeyboy » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:42 am

trailgumby wrote:That was th problem :P seeing the buses coming up on you is a bit nerve wracking
But oh so rewarding when you leave people in your dust when you go flying up hills :twisted:

Summernight

Postby Summernight » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:39 pm

outnabike wrote:Its probably not generally understood how handy this little item could be.
With a couple of straps to the bars and one down along the spine to the seat stem, it becomes a helmet, congestion jumper, river crosser and fly remover. :D

Well the cyclist in the background of that picture is certainly interested in the set up. :lol:

MattyK

Postby MattyK » Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:55 pm

That would be awesome for magpies.

Riggsbie

Postby Riggsbie » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:33 pm

Cable ties are definitely cheaper :lol:

rabobank89

Postby rabobank89 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:12 pm

I picked up a ContourRoam2 with helmet mount locally... Stupidly I didn't check if it supported 64GB SDHCX.. oh well..

eldavo

Postby eldavo » Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:01 pm

I've just been testing mine on DIY bar mount using standard camera threaded fitting it has in base.
Not touched anything the 720p 60fps is standard and getting ~50min record time on the 4GB card included. That covers the commute, just remembering to stop it at weekly detour by Joe's Cake Kitchen this morning ;)

Still feels too bulky and difficult to mount for helmet, my Cygolite similar form uses air vent for helmet mount which I'll see if I can adapt or mimic something like t that. Not liking helmet mounts at all I can see the appeal of more lipstick side of the others like Panasonic's yet to be released about now in USA, and that Replay XD1080 (not waterproof without case, but the simple body should make it easy for them to tick that box soon).

The kogan sunglasses tick all boxes for convenience and worth it to try helmet cam sway me towards the Roam2 mounted on bike, and leanest possible for helmet.

Baalzamon

Postby Baalzamon » Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:16 pm

Riding to work yesterday my gopro hero 2 was acting up. start recording and few seconds to a few minutes later it would emit the 3 beeps indicating it had stopped recording. I'm like WT it's got enough free space on the SD card. I ended up having to format the SD card in the gopro to stabilise it. Was a shame it was misbehaving got myself a moron motorist and let rip with my air zound
Masi Speciale CX 2008 - Brooks B17 special saddle, Garmin Edge 810

bychosis

Postby bychosis » Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:31 pm

I've been using my GoPro 3 for a while now. Something I've found a tad annoying is that when the card is full you can delete the last video, or the lot - same with the wifi phone app. I'd prefer to be able to delete the first video (or choose any to delete). The first clip is most likely to have been uploaded while the last one is quite probably I want to keep, such as the moring ride in to work when I want to add the arvo ride home. Of course I can delete anything I choose by plugging it in to the PC.
bychosis (bahy-koh-sis): A mental disorder of delusions indicating impaired contact with a reality of no bicycles.

outnabike

Postby outnabike » Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:55 pm

eldavo wrote:I've just been testing mine on DIY bar mount using standard camera threaded fitting it has in base.

The kogan sunglasses tick all boxes for convenience and worth it to try helmet cam sway me towards the Roam2 mounted on bike, and leanest possible for helmet.
Hi eldavo,
I reckon on specs they are pretty much rubbish, and I have seen many complain of having to hold the head up too high on road bikes. An upright flat bar may have a different position though.
Beware though, not to mention the bike, or you may get the hipster on the bso treatment. :D