Bullock logos/decals

Roinik

Bullock logos/decals

Postby Roinik » Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:11 pm

I've just purchased the boss a "new" late model Bullock ladies bike that does require a bit of a make over. I'm planning on taking the old girl back to the original colour scheme and highlights. The only bits I see that are of poor definition are:
* The stencilled Bullock Cycle Works decal on the seat tube. This has what appears to be the head of a bullock as the crown.
* The brazed on plaque on the head tube.

Does anyone know where I might be able to get a photo/design/decal of the seat tube marking or a plaque/pattern (even if it is a soap cast of the plaque) of the head tube plaque?

http://s1279.beta.photobucket.com/user/ ... 3136935914
Last edited by Roinik on Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.
You don't need the best kit, you just need the best attitude.

silverlight

Re: Bullock logos/decals

Postby silverlight » Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:41 pm

Hi
Heres a good image of the seat-tube decal your most likely seeking.

SL

Roinik

Postby Roinik » Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:50 pm

That's it. Still working on loading the photos.

Any chance I might get some detail photos so that I can get something drawn up/made as a replacement. I'll supply you with a copy of what I get made if you like.
You don't need the best kit, you just need the best attitude.

sturmey archer

Postby sturmey archer » Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:28 pm

I snapped this at Melburn-Roobaix last year. I have no idea whose bike it is though

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rf_toaster ... 0279653544" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
1.370" x 24 tpi - what sort of stupid standard is that?

Clydesdale Scot

Postby Clydesdale Scot » Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:05 pm

I have been away for a few weeks and only just back home.
the Bullock I have has the metal head badge
and Mario has an excellent version on his site

I have uploaded some images of a Bullock headtube decal which looks the same as the seat tube version Mario posted earlier.
The folder is here.
They might be of help to you
Philip

Roinik

Postby Roinik » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:42 am

Thanks Philip,

I last met Mario when he was scoping out a Bullock owned by Simon down the road. I believe it was circa a 1910-20's track bike. I've got onto a couple of spray painters and signwriters able to recreate the pinstriping etc. The stencilled logo will be a challenge, but I accept that challenge. Unfortunately the paint is too far gone to resurrect and a full resto is required. It appears that it was a metallic silver with a maroon or deep red painted over the upper parts of the bike and guards. I'll clean it up a bit when I return from holidays and post some photos.

Ian

reeva65

Postby reeva65 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:10 pm

i dont know if this is any help to you now but i picked up a nickel plated bullock. it was a mess when i got it but i could see the fain outline of gold and under the front badge was blue.. with these clues i hopefully recreated the original pain/pin work..

http://bicycles.net.au/forums/viewtopic ... 6#p1026666" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

reeva65

Postby reeva65 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:10 pm

i dont know if this is any help to you now but i picked up a nickel plated bullock. it was a mess when i got it but i could see the fain outline of gold and under the front badge was blue.. with these clues i hopefully recreated the original paint/pin work..

http://bicycles.net.au/forums/viewtopic ... 6#p1026666" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

SPARKYDAVE

Postby SPARKYDAVE » Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:45 am

hi i have just purchased a ladies bullock bike how do i restore original paint ect as i a only new to scene and what would it be worth to sell thanks dave. http://feed3.tinypic.com/rss.php?u=uZQT ... Wjmw%3D%3D" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

SPARKYDAVE

Postby SPARKYDAVE » Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:02 am

i again no on frame of austral is K13108 .THERE IS A VERY SLIGHT DENT ON HEAD STOCK ABOUT 5 MM DIA .WHAT YEAR DOES THAT MAKE IT AND WHAT IS IT WORTH .I DONT NOW IF ORIGINAL PAINT DO YOU .
BULLOCK NO IS 19280 DOES MEAN 1928 THANKS DAVE