twenty bucks says its stolen !

open topic, for anything cycling related.

twenty bucks says its stolen !

Postby scotto » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:41 pm

check this ebay bike out

zero feedback, and not one photo of the complete bike out of about 10 pics... something to hide....
User avatar
scotto
 
Posts: 2336
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:38 am
Location: Baulkham Hills

by BNA » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:46 pm

BNA
 

Re: twenty bucks says its stolen !

Postby trailgumby » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:46 pm

St Clair. :| Quite likely. Other cues are the near zero description.

The other option is the frame is in that many fragments. :lol: :lol:
"People have a right to their own opinions, but not their own facts. Evidence must be located, not created, and opinions not backed by evidence cannot be given much weight." -- James W Loewen

http://www.facebook.com/Drive2WorkDay
User avatar
trailgumby
 
Posts: 9899
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 4:30 pm
Location: Northern Beaches, Sydney

Re: twenty bucks says its stolen !

Postby Mulger bill » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:49 pm

Not taking that bet, noooo.

Interesting range of stuff he has to sell...
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011
User avatar
Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod
 
Posts: 25265
Joined: Sun Sep 24, 2006 2:41 pm
Location: Sunbury Vic

Re: twenty bucks says its stolen !

Postby il padrone » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:58 pm

Nah. Druggy'd be happy to sling it for $200.

$2,200 on ebay means waiting around for your hot item to sell - doesn't make sense.
Riding bikes in traffic - what seems dangerous is usually safe; what seems safe is often more dangerous.
User avatar
il padrone
 
Posts: 17445
Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:57 pm
Location: Heading for home.

Re: twenty bucks says its stolen !

Postby wombatK » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:15 pm

It isn't worth anything like $2200 when you can get a brand new 2012 model for $2499 http://www.bikeexchange.com.au/bicycles ... /102019907 with LBS service, warranty etc.,.

Seller is clueless about price, and clueless about what description is necessary.

Doubt it's stolen - but maybe it's a girlfriend selling the boyfriends bike.
WombatK

Somebody has to do something, and it's just incredibly pathetic that it has to be us -Jerry Garcia
User avatar
wombatK
 
Posts: 5086
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:08 pm
Location: Yagoona, AU

Re: twenty bucks says its stolen !

Postby _mike_ » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:42 pm

Around 2008 model.i don't think it's stolen, just overpriced and the seller don't have a clue
_mike_
 
Posts: 103
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:14 pm
Location: Perth

Re: twenty bucks says its stolen !

Postby norbs » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:04 am

trailgumby wrote:St Clair. :| Quite likely. Other cues are the near zero description.

The other option is the frame is in that many fragments. :lol: :lol:


So are you saying only thieves live at St Clair?

Pathetic!

I suppose it is only white collar crime you see on the Northern Beaches.
User avatar
norbs
 
Posts: 2314
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:20 am
Location: Shoalhaven. NSW

Re: twenty bucks says its stolen !

Postby sogood » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:15 am

Looks like someone needs to access this bike and seller to unlock the mystery!
Bianchi, Ridley, Montague, GT, Garmin and All things Apple :)
RK wrote:And that is Wikipedia - I can write my own definition.
User avatar
sogood
 
Posts: 16796
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:31 am
Location: Sydney AU

Re: twenty bucks says its stolen !

Postby find_bruce » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:51 am

trailgumby wrote:St Clair. :| Quite likely. Other cues are the near zero description.

The other option is the frame is in that many fragments. :lol: :lol:

norbs wrote:So are you saying only thieves live at St Clair?

Pathetic!

I suppose it is only white collar crime you see on the Northern Beaches.

Of course he is not saying that Norbs, I am sure he would agree that druggies, welfare cheats & bogans also live there Image
Image
User avatar
find_bruce
 
Posts: 3131
Joined: Mon May 09, 2011 8:42 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: twenty bucks says its stolen !

Postby Ozkaban » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:07 am

Give me a dollar for every over priced, under described and poorly photographed bike on eBay and I'll take your bet... Heck, I reckon I'd be able to bid on the bike above with the proceeds.

Seriously though, why do people put up such bad listing? It only hurts your chance of selling or kills the price. I don't get it.
Ozkaban
 
Posts: 1101
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:18 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: twenty bucks says its stolen !

Postby SpinninWheels » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:37 am

trailgumby wrote:St Clair. :| Quite likely. Other cues are the near zero description.

The other option is the frame is in that many fragments. :lol: :lol:


Wow! That's a generalisation if ever I saw one. And then this little gem in your signature: "People have a right to their own opinions, but not their own facts. Evidence must be located, not created, and opinions not backed by evidence cannot be given much weight." -- James W Loewen

Only when it suits hey?

:roll:
SpinninWheels
 
Posts: 66
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:10 pm
Location: Brisbane, QLD

Re: twenty bucks says its stolen !

Postby Crowz » Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:38 pm

wombatK wrote:
Doubt it's stolen - but maybe it's a girlfriend selling the boyfriends bike.


That's still stolen...

unless they had permission, in which case you would assume a description.
Crowz
 
Posts: 219
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:37 am

Re: twenty bucks says its stolen !

Postby simonn » Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:45 pm

norbs wrote:
trailgumby wrote:St Clair. :| Quite likely. Other cues are the near zero description.

The other option is the frame is in that many fragments. :lol: :lol:


So are you saying only thieves live at St Clair?

Pathetic!

I suppose it is only white collar crime you see on the Northern Beaches.


Not really, the criminals sometimes come here from St Clair to commit crimes. :P
Image
User avatar
simonn
 
Posts: 3440
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:46 am
Location: Sydney

Re: twenty bucks says its stolen !

Postby Andrew09 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:46 am

SpinninWheels wrote:
trailgumby wrote:St Clair. :| Quite likely. Other cues are the near zero description.

The other option is the frame is in that many fragments. :lol: :lol:


Wow! That's a generalisation if ever I saw one. And then this little gem in your signature: "People have a right to their own opinions, but not their own facts. Evidence must be located, not created, and opinions not backed by evidence cannot be given much weight." -- James W Loewen

Only when it suits hey?

:roll:


I hate people who generalise. They're all the same.
Andrew09
 
Posts: 44
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:20 am

Re: twenty bucks says its stolen !

Postby munga » Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:36 am

the bitchiness has increased since lance got done. are we all clean now?
pitty43 wrote:Thanks all for your help. Better change my Gumtree add now.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/retroclassiccycling/
User avatar
munga
 
Posts: 6386
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:17 pm
Location: wowe

Re: twenty bucks says its stolen !

Postby find_bruce » Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:11 am

munga wrote:the bitchiness has increased since lance got done. are we all clean now?

What dross munga - you were always a biatch :D
Image
User avatar
find_bruce
 
Posts: 3131
Joined: Mon May 09, 2011 8:42 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: twenty bucks says its stolen !

Postby Xplora » Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:22 am

norbs wrote:
trailgumby wrote:St Clair. :| Quite likely. Other cues are the near zero description.

The other option is the frame is in that many fragments. :lol: :lol:


So are you saying only thieves live at St Clair?

Pathetic!

I suppose it is only white collar crime you see on the Northern Beaches.

Norbs, you need to look at Google Maps... Baulkham Hills is about as Northern Beaches as St Clair is. You've got an hour drive to get past Roseville Bridge from both suburbs :lol:

If it smells like a duck, roasts like a duck, and craps like a duck, it must be a chicken :|
Xplora
 
Posts: 4668
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:33 pm

Re: twenty bucks says its stolen !

Postby boss » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:29 am

This thread fails to deliver. Clearly not stolen.

As an aside - I would assume Gumtree would be the defacto outlet. Ebay's a lot more effort to set up and more 'trackable'. Gumtree, just get an email address and work out a way to obtain a sim card with fake id, you're away.
Image
User avatar
boss
 
Posts: 1067
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:58 pm

Re: twenty bucks says its stolen !

Postby HLC » Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:33 pm

SpinninWheels wrote:
trailgumby wrote:St Clair. :| Quite likely. Other cues are the near zero description.

The other option is the frame is in that many fragments. :lol: :lol:


Wow! That's a generalisation if ever I saw one. And then this little gem in your signature: "People have a right to their own opinions, but not their own facts. Evidence must be located, not created, and opinions not backed by evidence cannot be given much weight." -- James W Loewen

Only when it suits hey?

:roll:


I lived in St Clair (and St Marys and Erskine park for 20 years) before I moved to WA, and whilst you say that's a generalisation, why don't you go there and see that it's a sad realisation.

Of course not every body in that area fit's that description. But it is a sad state of affairs out there and it is only getting worse by the day.

I for one am glad to see the back of that place.
User avatar
HLC
 
Posts: 610
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:23 pm
Location: Sydney.


Return to General discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baalzamon, deepgrout, longbody, Mulger bill, NeillS



Support BNA
Click for online shops
Torpedo 7 Torpedo7 AU
Ground Effect Ground Effect NZ
Chain Reaction Cycles CRC UK
Wiggle Wiggle UK
Cycling Express Cycling Express
Ebay Ebay AU
ProBikeKit ProBikeKit UK
Evans Cycles Evans Cycles UK
JensonUSA Jenson USA
JensonUSA Competitive Cyclist